Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

FVA is a lot newer than GTR evo, this year there was a lot of complains from drivers about the cars being understeery, coming from the change in the tyres. I think FVA (when you get used to it) is the best driving F1 sim around, though it does lack tracks and it isnt a full game but the quality of the driving model is second to none. Its fairly widely agreed (even on the Iracing forums) that the FVA simulator is the best and that NetKar (the software behind it) has the best tyre models.

Tho there is certaintly along way to go before FVA or Netkar are anywhere near the best sim games. As a pure simulator yes, as a simulator and a game (which Iracing, Rfactor, GTR etc fall under) its obviously lacking a lot.

I bought FVA basic pack and was happy with my purchase, though instead of buying the other 2 tracks i bought Netkar, i'l probably get the others when they drop in price in the future.

David just because you’re bad at something it doesn’t make it crap. .

How can I be good at virtually everything else but can't even do clean laps at Mugello?
I've raced the F3000 for nearly a 1000hrs in pro mode for example, but I can't do a clean lap in FVA at Mugello...did a 59 at Fiorano and the brakes were much easier to use, but this time somethings been changed and no-one can tell me how to fix it.

...but I can't do a clean lap in FVA at Mugello...did a 59 at Fiorano and the brakes were much easier to use, but this time somethings been changed and no-one can tell me how to fix it.

I have read somewhere they have changed something in the last version's physics (v1.3.0)! It's somehow a bit slower!
For your Mugello problem I can only advise you not to push too much!:wink:

...I bought FVA basic pack and was happy with my purchase, though instead of buying the other 2 tracks i bought Netkar, i'l probably get the others when they drop in price in the future.

The same for me! From now on I will only focus on nKPro + FVA 2010 for F1 hotlap training sessions! I'm even thinking about to remove F1 2010 from my computer!:zip:
What else can i say than :thanks: to Kunos!

How can I be good at virtually everything else but can't even do clean laps at Mugello? I've raced the F3000 for nearly a 1000hrs in pro mode for example, but I can't do a clean lap in FVA at Mugello...did a 59 at Fiorano and the brakes were much easier to use, but this time somethings been changed and no-one can tell me how to fix it.
Simple, because FVA's more difficult! I'm also better in other games (and the same pace as you in FVA), but I get no satisfaction from winning in a "lesser" game. Don't get me wrong Codies & SimBin stuff are entertaining for a little while, but I always end up going back to nKPro (even iRacing doesn't feel as good).

I found the brakes harder to use with the Fiorano patch, with Mugello they were a lot better, and Nurburg' I only did my first laps last night but it feels similar to Mugello (although times are meant to be slower).

Tho there is certaintly along way to go before FVA or Netkar are anywhere near the best sim games. As a pure simulator yes, as a simulator and a game (which Iracing, Rfactor, GTR etc fall under) its obviously lacking a lot.
Some decent netcode would help nKPro (Kunos has admitted this’ his weak point). It was meant to be improved in the latest patch, but so far it looks exactly the same to me. Also other bugs need to be ironed out, which I really hope happens for the next patch, so we’ve got something really playable to keep us entertained until whatever comes next :)

Also some people complain about the lack of AI. It’s something that would be a nice addition, although after the complimentary things Kunos said about LFS’, I’m kind of glad he seemingly has no plans for it (and theirs is just abhorrent (go a fraction wide and you’re spun round straight away)) :p

just for the sake of honesty:

im almost sure theres been no cheating in the game

the problem is they made an understeery unique setup, yes diffin difex do nothing,which favours human calculators and i need an oversteery set up which favours who knows the limits

thats why im slow here and fast in gtr evo

Wow you still can't accept that a few people are more talented than you are :) I don't even want to know what will happen when you take part in a GTR Evo league here at RD and find yourself not in the top 10 :). Is that then caused by the setup also? Or maybe the server?

You are funny :thumb:

well i can say im fast at gtr evo for having a world record ghostcar and i know im very slow at fva

im just looking for the reason and i dont consider myself the best but good enough as to be half second from the top with enough training at least in gtr though not here

Just because you're fast in 1 game doesnt mean you're going to be fast in another, past achievements do not guarentee future success. I went back to FVA the other day for a blast around Fiorano after not touching it in ages, i was hitting 57's within a few laps, i just get on with the car nicely. In Rfactor i used to run 1.20 at silverstone in the BMW sauber F1 with just basic setup, i went back the other day and the best i could manage was 1.23 after a good while of driving, with a lot of crashes.

You get adjusted to different games, cars, driving styles and some will suit you more than others. Some will take you time to develop, after moving away from Rfactor i lost all the speed i had developed, and essencially had to relearn, which left me seconds off the pace.

well i can say im fast at gtr evo for having a world record ghostcar and i know im very slow at fva

im just looking for the reason and i dont consider myself the best but good enough as to be half second from the top with enough training at least in gtr though not here

I'm very quick in rFactor, but very slow in GTR Evo. Your argument falls flat my friend.

Funny ,I try the FVA again yesterday with the 1.3 version, a bit to compare the feeling with NetKar and the car seems much slower at Mugello than when this track was released. Also with the less power Formula KS2 you feel more at the wheel the tire spinning when you put your foot down than with the Ferrari.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.