Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

I don't like flamers
I like FVA. I don't regret buying it. May be it is not the best simulator (I haven't tested all of them) but it is enjoyable.
Different people like different things.

I have spoken with à driver last week that actually drove a real F1 car a few times and he told me that the handling of the FVA comes pretty close to the real thing. Same for the Williams F1 in iracing (but only with a high downforce setup that is).
Codemasters made a fabulous game for sure and I love it, but it's not yet a full f1 simulation like the other two seem to be. But IMO the one with the highest fun factor and decent offline career play.

My two Lires

This is my problem with FVA.
First, it sux for value, I've played Gtr Evo for 100's of hrs and still play it, I've played F1 2010 quite a bit and can see myself playing it indefinitely.
With Gtr Evo, I was 2nd to Dracer at Estoril in the F3000, and I can do a 1 min 20.9 in the F1 2007 at Monza, as for F1 2010, I constantly win at Spa, Montreal, Hungry, Australia and many other tracks, but with FVA Mugello, I can't keep the car on the track, I'm under pressure with steering and brakes.

The braking was so bad and spin happy that I had to try with braking assist on, and whilst that helped a bit, the car was still a PITA to drive.
I don't know why this is, and the user interface/set up of FVA is so horrid, I have no idea of what to do or whether it even needs any set up adjustments.

F1 2010's default settings for my wheel are perfect{DFGT}, and I only adjust the brake bias after choosing the fastest default set up and I can put together 5-7 win streaks even against people 10-15 levels higher than me, so what's the deal with FVA?

FVA is really fantastic in the way you feel the car and all environment, as a F1 drive experience is for sure the best.

But as the best simulator, one car three tracks for running only on practice, isn’t enough, I bought the two first tracks, it was wonderful specially Mugello, but after that I just stop using it and don’t see no point to buy Nurburgring only for some more pratice laps.

So instead, thanks FVA for that, I bought the base of the FVA, the NetKar, what a great decision, this is for me, at this time, the best simulator and I have try them all, even if some of them wasn't the latest versions.

The feedback you get from the car and the track is just amazing and here we have more cars, more tracks and online races, that’s all we need.

One final point, please don’t even compare them with F1 2010.

ferrariacad.jpg

im not happy with fva for finding the car understeery to my taste, specially on midcorner, and thers no way around it, i returned to gtr evo

I've actually enjoyed playing FVA quite a bit. In part, probably because I'm more of a hotlapping person than racing person, heh. I don't know, I just enjoy solitary driving and racing against the clock and yourself - and now against other opponents with FVA. So, I guess I found the FVA competition aspect quite appealing, you know. Since I'm not racing online, I welcomed the chance to measure myself against the best drivers out there.

I've played the most popular sim racing games in my sim racing adventure that started with Grand Prix Legends. I still remember how shocked I was at how difficult it was to drive those cars after previously playing games like Colin McRae ;P heh. I then went on to play GTR, GTR2, GTR Evo and rFactor. And recently have been mostly playing rFactor with its host of F1 mods.

And I must say that now after playing FVA for most of the time, while I definitely enjoy rFactor F1 mods, coming back to rFactor and trying the mods there just feels 'weird', as in kind of artificial and definitely not as good and 'realistic' as FVA, if you will (I purposley put the word in quotes being aware that talking about realism in sim racing is a slippery subject). I just like how aggressive you can be with the car in FVA, and the level of feedback you're getting - which doesn't mean it's easy to drive, you still need a lot of skill and practice to take it to top. At least I know I do.

So, I definitely love the work that Kunos did with FVA and may actually give their netKar sim a try as well.

So, I definitely love the work that Kunos did with FVA and may actually give their netKar sim a try as well.

Go for it, you wont regret!

I had two schedule rFactor season races for this week in another site, but yesterday I was enjoying so much driving the Formula ks2 that after I had done 2/3 laps practice in rFactor , I just wasn’t in the mood for it and I sign out of both races.

David just because you’re bad at something it doesn’t make it crap. We’ve already had a thread from luxtpm who insisted there was cheating in FVA, because he wasn’t as fast as in GTR evo. Your valid points are on cost, and control in terms of setup, but both are due to Ferrari cos of the competition (and the fact all their stuff’s expensive).

Ender, Jaap’s rank makes hot lapping really fun in nKPro too. You can install his tool, so your private practice times are uploaded, and there’s also an overall rank (for each car).

ALSO publicity says there are 8 sets for block under braking 8 for block under acelerating and 4 for engine brake, there are 12 for engine brake¡

and how do you make the block under braking change?

i would be happy just with that

i manage once messing with dif make the car oversteery on midcorner but cant get it again

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%