Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I placed an order through fanatecs australian site last night and made payment through paypal.

I can see in my order history that the payment was verified and the order has been forwarded for shipment.

So all looks the good, however this morning I recieved an email from a ***fanatec.***@gmail.com stating that there system has been down for two days and that they require my credit card details to complete the transaction.

A couple of things that roused my suspicion

1) it's from a gmail address - all other corrospondance was from @Fanatec or similar

2) No mention of my order number

3) No mention of what I had ordered

These 3 points and that my ordered shows on the web site as payment verified and shipped made the alarm bells go off.

Has anyone ever recieved an email like this from Fanatec before? I've emailed fanatec directly to query the legitimacy of it, but to me it definitely looks like a scam email, and more concerning is how were they even aware I had placed an order.

Hopefully I get my tracking number shortly so that I can see it's definitely sent, or at least I reply from fanatec.

I'm really pumped to get the wheel and was hoping to have it by the weekend, but now I worried this will hold it up :(

Upvote 0
Well it seems right to ignore the credit card request email, I've actually just recieved an email from fanatec with tracking information through Aus post. So it really does seem like the email requesting details was a scam, so just a heads up that if you place a fanatec order and recieve a suspicous email afterwards probably best to communicate directly with fanatec before even considering replying to the email.

Hopefully Fanatec get's it's sorted and blocks who ever is compromising their webpage. I better run some scans over my home computer as well to ensure my email wasn't picked up through spyware.

I'm still going to hope it arrives by friday :D I can dream can't I lol

Upvote 0
Yeah I passed it on to them, they got back to me this arvo, and confirmed to ignore it, and said they passed it onto their IT department to investigate. I'm sure they will get it cleaned up, been great dealing with them so far.

Just a shame there is scum on this earth who try and scam people, put so much effort into hacking **** instead of getting a real job.

Upvote 0
hi guys has anyone had a burning smell coming from there csw base with sho enabled at 100 ,i just completed a 1 hour race with gsc 2113 with no smell , but the effects are not as strong compared to assetto corsa , the wheel real shakes under braking , so now i have disabled it in assetto corsa i am a bit scared with the burning smell

Upvote 0
A burning smell is always warm or hot electronics. If you have access to it, use a temp gun and measure the motors, they're basically low-budget RC motors and they generally dont like temps anywhere above 80C.

Upvote 0
thanks for reply guys , it definitely smells like a motor winding smell overheating , but as i said before it is only happening in assetto corsa when sho is on , but sho has much stronger affects in this game , than the other games i play where there is no smell , maybe a dodgey wheel time will tell , i also got a reply from another site , where the guy said it was the heat sink paste heating up which i hope it is

Upvote 0
ok just tried a few settings i lowered gain to 80 in assetto ffb menu , and also changed it to 80 on wheel , in for. setting, i gave it a good run for a couple of hours and i now have no smell , and also the effects are plenty strong enough like that

Upvote 0
Just for reference email recieved from fanatec

Thank you for informing us that somebody sent you an e-mail using the brand “Fanatec” and posing as an official e-mail from us. You were asked to send your credit card information for verification purposes. Whatever you do, do not answer those emails!

Please be aware: we do not communicate with our customers through Google mail or any similar services, nor do we use private email accounts for any business activities.

We will also not ask you to provide your payment details anywhere other than at our website: www.fanatec.com

Should you be unsure about an email coming your way from an alleged Fanatec employee or account, please do not hesitate to verify with us by contacting us through the contact form on our website:

http://au.fanatec.com/index.php?route=information/contact

We are still investigating the origin of said e-mail but your credit card details remained clearly unaffected; furthermore, that scamming e-mail did not contain any other personal customer information within it.

Thank you.

Best regards
Fanatec_Gameshop

Endor AG
Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut
Telefon: +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax: +49 (871) 9221-221
Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail:webshop@fanatec.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487
Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), Andrés Semsey, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Andreas Potthoff

- and on a side note received my fanatec wheel friday, so freaken awesome!

Upvote 0
ok just tried a few settings i lowered gain to 80 in assetto ffb menu , and also changed it to 80 on wheel , in for. setting, i gave it a good run for a couple of hours and i now have no smell , and also the effects are plenty strong enough like that

Noel, it is better to leave the wheel at 100% and only adjust the game strength.
check with the grey bar if the FFB is saturating in AC.
I was also concerned about overheating, so I have inserted a temperature gage in the cooling fins in my Elite, that is giving me peace of mind on keeping temperature in check. I keep the temp under or at 31 Celsius and so far so good. Not raising temperature too much also keep FFB strength constant as the wheel software will lower the strength to prevent overheating.
$(KGrHqR,!n4FBWJ8zT()BQep+MyEzw~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-The...C-Mod-Fahrenheit-Centigrade-C-F-/171172473566

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope I am just an idiot and not remembering correctly or am doing something wrong but my CSW seems to have no more center tension. It still feels good in Assetto corsa but in iRacing its a mess.

What is your Spr settings? Try to invert to see what happens. What I mean is: if you have set SPr to 0 and you have no more center tension, set it to 400 and see what happens or inverse.
This is what happened to me. I had no center tension when set to 0 and wheel become alive again when I setted to over 50 (at 400 best results).

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea