Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep us posted on how things turn out for you, I'm considering the SQ vs a TH8 and my primary use will be H-Shifter so this is not sounding good.
I have the CSS SQ. No issues here. Quality piece of engineering like the rest of their products that I have. German Engineering.... Can't say much more. Shifter was not exactly rushed out by Fanatec, and was in development and testing for quite a while.

Upvote 0
Hello Fanatec CSS SQ owners, I'd like to know if some of you have issues using this shifter?

My main problem is a kind of calibrating problem: when I shift from 5th to 4th then, sometime, the 6th is engaged.
If I try to calibrate again my shifter the problem can then occur when I shift from 2nd to 3rd, then the 4th is engaged!
When this problem occurs if I gently shake the shifter lever then the right gear is engaged...

In my opinion this is a hardware problem, what do you think?

Best regards,
Olivier

Olivier, I finally received my shifter last week, but I think I have the same issue you have, I calibrated the shifter and when shifting, only the 1st and 2nd gear operate normally, 3rd sometime give 5th, 4th is mostly ok, but 5th usually give 3rd and 6th gives 4th. When I wiggle the shifter in 5th it flickers from 3rd to 5th.
I have seen on another thread that they recommend to blast compress air inside the shifter to get rid of the issue.
I have contacted support, but after 2 days I am still waiting for an answer.
I am reluctant to open a brand new shifter, because of warranty, except if Fanatec support say it is OK.
The sequential works great.
Have you fixed your issue?

Upvote 0
kinda reassuring :)

Fanatec support have never failled me, I was never worried about that, I just wish I would no have to have an other demonstration of there good ability to support me.
Also could have lived without having to wait even longer before I will eventually be able to use and enjoy my CSSSQ Shifter.
When it works I believe their product are outstanding, they need to improve on having them work every time.
I will buy again from Fanatec, the experience is worth the trouble, just would so much nicer without the trouble. Would even pay more for a trouble free Fanatec experience.

Upvote 0
Ok. So my replacement wheel for the one dead on arrival in december has broken down as well. Completely off center, and some mech. broken down, after standing unused for a week (totlly owned it for like 3 weeks)! Total usage time for wheel one was 0 hours, this one lasted 5 or 6 hours of actual play time untl breaking down. Abysmal!

Someone at Fanatec NEEDS to adress these INSANE quality issues. I don't find this amusing at all and i will see if i choose to battle for a full refund and get something built by some sort of lasting standard or not.

Link for new breakdown:

Upvote 0
Sorry to see your having issues
After my V2 pedals broke a second time, Even though my new ones feel and preform so different to the previous ones.
I have a pedal now that i can actually press with some force and feel when im at the stop point of pressure
i've also lost faith in there products.. :(

Upvote 0
Well, received a reply from them. No mention of refunds, they would like to replace it again but will only send the details of doing so AFTER i remove the vid of the failed unit from youtube, and let them know it's gone...

I must say i think that is a bit odd... Maybe even shady. Well well... I'll deal with it.

Upvote 0
While I understand their wish for not having lots of videos of failed units flooding the youtube (pun intended), I must agree that them requiring you to remove it to have your broken unit replaced is quite odd and shady, not sure if it's legal but then again our legal systems are not up to speed with 2014 and the interwebs, so there's most likely loopholes in every direction there.
If anything, I think they should ask you kindly if you would mind changing the description of the video and add that you got it fixed via their support, that'd be better marketing imo.
(edit: and ofc not require you to change anything to have your warranty fulfilled according to law)

Upvote 0
Hi all, Just seen this thread and thought I would post my experience. I bought the clubsport base plus both rims and the clubsport pedals and have to say the wheel is fantastic and I have had no trouble with it since I purchased in early December, but the pedals are a different story as they've been giving me trouble since day one. Brake has been spiking and eventually failed after 4 weeks and when contacted support they asked me to send them back but I tracked down the problem to the load cell so I contacted support again and asked them if they could supply a load cell to save sending them back to Germany but no reply, another email and still no reply so I bought one off their website and sent a message to the sales dep stating that the pedals were only purchased in dec and I thought they should refund me the price of the load cell, guess what? No reply.
I'll keep trying but I'm not that hopeful of getting any joy. Maybe i should just have sent them back but i would have had to cover the postage anyway so it made little odds. Personally I wouldn't recommend the pedals unless you want to spend 15€ plus 17€ for delivery every 6 weeks! Surely the load cell is not a consumable and should be replaced under warranty? Anyway just a warning for anyone thinking of purchasing.

Upvote 0
I had problems with my CSR elite load cell after about three months of use and it took about a week of emailing fanatec eventually they responded, and asked me to provide a video of the problem, and they kindly replaced it, Hopefully they will respond to you David and reimburse you which they should

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea