Is there a way to make the AI make mistakes randomly, or suddenly?

Hi there! I'm looking for "improve" the AI in this game, actually I have already read the vondutch's thread about AI, but what I want is just an AI that, in certain random moments, can make mistakes like loss the control of its traction or take bad a corner. I am not looking for a easier AI, I just want to have random moments on GTR2 races

Best regards!

Tweak the talent files.

Consistency=0.20
Crash=2.4 //% of times driver crashed
Recovery=80

The lower the value for Consistency the more variable that driver's performance will be (thus more likely to make a mistake); lower Recovery value means less likely to correct a mistake.

//AI skill mistake variables
MinRacingSkill = 0.98
Composure = 0.30

Lower skill means more mistakes; composure is controversial, some say it does nothing in GTR2, some say it controls how "stable" the driver is - a lower value making him more prone to mistakes under pressure (I've seen no definitive effects, but it may be subtle and depend on the track and mod).

One thing that makes much of this experimental is there is a certain random factor to all AI settings that is hardcoded and can change from session to session, so it takes a lot of trial and error to make sure what you change and what you notice on track are consistent (every time you leave a track and return those random factors are reset; if you save a race all settings are also saved so further changes will not be recognized).

Tweak the talent files.

Consistency=0.20
Crash=2.4 //% of times driver crashed
Recovery=80

The lower the value for Consistency the more variable that driver's performance will be (thus more likely to make a mistake); lower Recovery value means less likely to correct a mistake.

//AI skill mistake variables
MinRacingSkill = 0.98
Composure = 0.30

Lower skill means more mistakes; composure is controversial, some say it does nothing in GTR2, some say it controls how "stable" the driver is - a lower value making him more prone to mistakes under pressure (I've seen no definitive effects, but it may be subtle and depend on the track and mod).

One thing that makes much of this experimental is there is a certain random factor to all AI settings that is hardcoded and can change from session to session, so it takes a lot of trial and error to make sure what you change and what you notice on track are consistent (every time you leave a track and return those random factors are reset; if you save a race all settings are also saved so further changes will not be recognized).
Tanks for the help @jgf , I will try it!

Well, I've been testing those values and they actually work well for the AI to make more mistakes - such as misusing brakes or tyres, or trying to take some corners slower at certain times, which is a good place to start because it makes the race more dynamic - but unfortunately no parameter seems to randomly make them lose control of their own traction or anything like that.

I have also tried these values:

//AI Throttle Control - how good they are at their own traction control upon throttle application
TCGripThreshold
TCThrottleFract
TCResponse

But I didn't notice any change on AI :(

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 150 86.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 28.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 60 34.7%