AC Tin-Top Thursday – Cupra Challenge at the Nurburgring on April 25th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for he set up Bouke, it is better but I still need a lot more rotation. Work in progress!
Haven’t played with the toe yet, maybe brake balance. I saw a lot of suspension options as well, haven’t played with that. Like I said in the chat, for me getting a feel for driving fwd is key first :geek:.

Please let me know if you find a holy grail in this car’s setup that I should know of :cool:

…and I see on the practice server that the quicker laptimes have higher topspeed, so I assume I need to take some rear wing out.

…and I see on the practice server that the quicker laptimes have higher topspeed, so I assume I need to take some rear wing out.
After you left Bouke, I used your base set up (which was stable and consistent) and started to try to find more rotation by reducing rear aero, more toe out on the rear, stiffer rear abr to make it turn and bite in the many turns here plus more rearwards brake bias.
If anyone else has set ups they could share it would be good to try to attract more drivers who don't have the time to spend fine tuning. But whatever, it's still a fun car and should produce some close racing.

I use Carsten setup, after spending ages down a worm hole. His set up is the best I could find, unfortunately from my perspective, :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So if you can prise it away from him:O_o:
I would not blame him from keeping it to himself.

@Shed 17 Paul, there are a lot of new names on the live timing of the server. All new participants or is the password missing on the practice server? Would be great to have a lot of new drivers, but I guess…

(Edit: no password on the server)

Last edited:
@Shed 17 Paul, there are a lot of new names on the live timing of the server. All new participants or is the password missing on the practice server? Would be great to have a lot of new drivers, but I guess…

(Edit: no password on the server)
My error, server restarted with password required hopefully.

Maybe it was a good advert for those who had a free practice??:D

So,

how about a testserver with the cars eligible for a Britcar race?

If you let it run a few weeks you should get enough data to decide.

(Maybe offer free beer afterwards as an incentive.)

Oh, and the data base will probably be bigger if the server is not password protected) ;)

First preliminary test between the Cupra and the M235i (racing, my ass), this thing drives like a (badly) hopped up street car :speechless: . If you want to try it start by "slamming it to the ground"

TCR Cupra VSM235i.PNG

With a little preliminary setup work done I have about a 5sec gap between the Cupra and the Beemer on NBR short GT. (Red is Cupra)

Last edited:
Which Praga version did you think of?

I´ve weekend right now and the weather is abominable. Working outside the last few day was´nt fun.
(and I already took of the snow tyres. Silly me)

So,

how about a testserver with the cars eligible for a Britcar race?

If you let it run a few weeks you should get enough data to decide.

(Maybe offer free beer afterwards as an incentive.)

Oh, and the data base will probably be bigger if the server is not password protected) ;)
Yes Carsten, I will get a test server organised soon. Meanwhile if you are doing some early testing then your advice on what cars to use would be most appreciated as it’s fine here at the moment and the ‘management’ ( my better half) has a list of outdoor jobs to me to get through!
But I will be picking this up as I think it could be something different.

Imagine my surprise that you could drive circles around Beemer and Cupra with the Praga (turbo)
(except of course you´re hamfisted and ogerfooted, than you´ll constantly spin out)

Cupra Beemer Praga.PNG

Cupra red, Beemer white, Praga green.

Beemer and Praga with 10min of setup work each, the Praga should have loads of potential left ( and needs a better driver)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.