Test Drive Unlimited 2

I'd like to get involved but I have shelved the game until Atari releases somesort of fix to improve the game's use of my G25 wheel.

There are some decent roads on Hawaii that could make for interesting viewing, but it's nearly impossible to get a voiceover as good as Mr Jezzer Clarkson.

game updated to v97 when i look at weather report its always raining in ibiza so annoying when you cant finish them after hours of looking havnt played game for weeks pointless playing something you cant complete

Its getting annoying people always saying "its not a sim its not a sim"... thats not what were asking for, all we want is it for atleast to feel nice to drive to make it less boring. overly arcade physics are just boring and even frustrating to 99% of people because it just makes stuff thats impossible able to happen, like randomly sliding around for no reason.

by the way, best settings ive found for my g25 are 100%overall, 70% spring effect, 50%damper effect,check enable centering spring in ffb games, 900degrees rotation, and set the steering sensitivity and speed factor all the way to the left ingame, its not too heavy and also not so light you cant tell whats happening and even if weak you can feel the steering change depending on conditions a bit, like when jumping in the air or standing still the steering goes lighter.

oh I am the biggest top gear UK fan.. I'm a huge car fan, I can explain anything about a car like James May... Xbox GT is calmc98 I'd love to be a part of this in any way! GREAT idea!!!

TDU1 wasn't a sim, but felt good enough for even a seasoned simmer to enjoy just driving around for the hell of it.

TDU2 just doesn't offer that. They have broken what was good.

Controller linearity too seems worse. In TDU1 you seemed to be able to get correct steering linearity on a DFP wheel at 900deg. Same with brakes and throttle (though brakes were always faaarrr too heavy duty for smooth driving imo even in TDU1)

TDU2 inputs ALL seem to have an "ease in out" curve applied, like an S curve to soften the extents of the input device... really easy to spot on the G25 no matter what setting you use!
There is an overall linearity yes, but from my observations, they are all eased in and out as if you are using those short-range analog buttons for console controllers... great for them, ruins it for decent input devices.

Again, TDU1 seemed to get it right, TDU2 has done it wrong.

The problem for me is why the devs are so damn lazy at communicating with the users. If a patch will fix this, and is coming, then I'll wait on playing the game. I don't want to work through it hating it, to then have it fixed by the time I've shelved the game.

A lesson for the future. I waited 3 months to buy TDU2, but still looks like I should have waited more.

Shift 2 was the same, patching to fix fundamental issues.

Most modern games these days are best bought at a year old. Cheaper, and fully fixed up, and chances are they will be loads more enjoyable for your time invested too!

Dave

TDU2 just 20€ on Steam

:frown:Feel pretty saddened by this, as I bought it for too much back then..

But for you guys:
1217d5h.png

Help me enjoy this please

I just bought tdu2 through game.co.uk as the price just dropped and thought 'what the hell, i'll just buy it'. But what is there to do in the online part? I'm bored to bits here. Is anyone on RD still playing this?

Bad management.

The games are fundamentally good, ruined by deployment and details, none of which I assume the people on the ground can do much about.

I don't expect to see the thriving updates/patching/DLC for TDU2 then haha!

Ah well.

Dave

There are still people working at Eden I believe. Also with a smaller team they should be able to release a DLC. Wouldnt be smart to fire people before theyve finished the DLC :)

Now I have this game and I really enjoy it! The handling isn't right, but I could get used to it pretty quick so it doesn't annoy me! The atmosphere of the game is great, Ibiza is extremely beautiful, the cars look better than in TDU1, and I love how the rain looks (missing the windscreen wipers though). Sounds are OK, better than some cars sounded in TDU1 clearly. + there are quite some new ideas about gameplay that I like! I think it's an awesome game, just as much as TDU1 was. TDU1 had better handling, and runs better on this PC, but TDU2 has it's place too imo, with the new gameplay features and the atmoshpere and especially Ibiza!:) And man there is a Lancia Delta in it (I knew it already before trying the game however), one of the coolest cars ever imo;)

Edit: so Spuddy if you are still playing this online, I'm there as BPeter87:)

I like it as well. The only thing I can't get over are the brakes, they are either on or off.
But for random cruising, with some music, and head tracking software... Bliss :D

Also love the rain effect :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies