ACC RD Racing Club | World Challenge Europe Thunders On To Simracing.GP [Deleted]

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done all for surviving Brands Hatch, one of the more challenging tracks that demands 100% concentration.

I surprised myself with a PB in quali despite the track not rubbering up very quickly (possibly due to the lower numbers of cars).

Got a great start and pushed as hard as I could to try and get an early gap but Calum was keeping me honest. Dug a bit deeper and found some extra tenths, the Porsche was planted and doing everything I asked of it for a change. After a few more laps I hit that state of Zen where I wasn't really thinking about braking markers etc and just relying on muscle memory then before I knew it the pit stop was here. Had a great stop and after a few laps got back in to the rhythm to the end.

It's the first time I've properly "clicked" with the Porsche but I get the feeling it was more down to it being well suited to the track, having a bit more time to practice this week and Brands being one of my favourites. Seems like everyone got a clean start which is great to see.

I'm not going to get much chance for any practice for the last 2 races and with them being tracks I don't race on much it could make for some exciting racing :D

Yea, great race last night.

Qualified P2 but again I just couldn't hold on to it and dropped to 4th at the start. I had a nice race with Seb, trading places here and there... It seemed to be going great until the pitstop...

I stopped too early and the car had to be repositioned losing 3 seconds then when I got back on track it felt like I was on an ice rink for 2 laps. Almost losing the car heading to the finish/start line! :confused:
Eventually the car became better balanced on the 3rd lap and started to put in the times but I had lost soo much argh :roflmao:

Back on track i got pressure form Hardie in his MCL
It was cheeky over take, but I thought since its one of the slowest corners it was the safest option. As you said you did have the time to defend, so thanks for that letting me go:thumbsup:

I think Seb lost connection otherwise I would have been P4

Last edited:
Thanks for organising Chris. Enjoyed the race up until my game crashed for some reason, first time that’s ever happened.

Good clean start, managed to jump a couple of places on lap one, then Will was basically all over me until my pit stop. Pitted earlier than everyone, and after the first all I had jumped to P2. The Aston who had been running in 2nd closed me down fast, then the game shat the bed.

The Audi was lacking front end grip for me, not allowing me to take the fast sweeping corners as fast as I wanted. When you don’t have the confidence it will stick, you just haemorrhage lap time. Wish I knew how to dial in a set up better, but I just don’t have the time to sit and tinker.

Like Chris mentioned, some tracks are just better/not suited to your car.

I’m off to Silverstone for the GP next week, then on holiday so that was my last race. Thanks again guys, enjoyed my time.

Last edited:
Hi all, first post joined the league couple of races in, thanks all for the awesome racing so far really enjoyed zandvort had some good racing, absaloutley bottled my stop on that round and ended up out of the top ten,

misano was set to be a good race putting it on pole, lost alot of time in the later part of my first stint and Harry had me with an awesome switch back at the hairpin, and then a stupid speeding in pitlane pen (completely my fault) saw me with a drive through and then frustration and anger got the best of me for the dq.

Spa was mediocre my first transition race and actually ended up with a better car for the second stint enjoyed that.

And brands finally was awesome fun qualy saw me p3, just couldn't hook up an ideal lap, race start was good had the better line through paddock and druids on p2 and managed to secure the spot out of druids and then tried my hardest to keep on the back of Chris which proved to be a hardship, and then a few silly mistakes on my part saw me loose whatever gap I created and had a nice bit of defending to do with the McLaren. Pit was not ideal but not the worst I've had found me p3 and was having an awesome bout of racing with the Audi until his game crashed.

Thanks all for the Racing so far look forward to nurburg

@SwannyUK I'm back!

My work schedule has had a bit of a change so now I have time to race for the final two rounds, can't wait!

It's been too long since I have been on my rig so I'll have to get some practice in before this weeks race, don't expect much in the way of pace.
Awesome stuff fella! Great to see you back on the grid :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi all, first post joined the league couple of races in, thanks all for the awesome racing so far really enjoyed zandvort had some good racing, absaloutley bottled my stop on that round and ended up out of the top ten,

misano was set to be a good race putting it on pole, lost alot of time in the later part of my first stint and Harry had me with an awesome switch back at the hairpin, and then a stupid speeding in pitlane pen (completely my fault) saw me with a drive through and then frustration and anger got the best of me for the dq.

Spa was mediocre my first transition race and actually ended up with a better car for the second stint enjoyed that.

And brands finally was awesome fun qualy saw me p3, just couldn't hook up an ideal lap, race start was good had the better line through paddock and druids on p2 and managed to secure the spot out of druids and then tried my hardest to keep on the back of Chris which proved to be a hardship, and then a few silly mistakes on my part saw me loose whatever gap I created and had a nice bit of defending to do with the McLaren. Pit was not ideal but not the worst I've had found me p3 and was having an awesome bout of racing with the Audi until his game crashed.

Thanks all for the Racing so far look forward to nurburg
Great pace dude, looking forward to racing with you again.

My little race report from Brands Hatch:

My PB was similar to Chris' pole time, but I somehow really struggled. The issue was probably sitting in front of the wheel, lol.
Front left was getting too hot, psi didn't seem right out of nowhere etc.
My trust into my pace was a bit gone for the race...

I jumped 2 places at the start and enjoyed being in 3rd but for whatever reason I spun at the exit of Sheene's, looking at the replay I somehow touched the grass... Luckily no damage done but tyres were cooked and I had to let 5 cars through before rejoining.
After that I don't think I nailed a single apex at all for the rest of the race. I had to be careful but I really can't drive Brands Hatch carefully. It's full on via gut feeling or I'm slow and insecure.

The pit stop was good though and I then had a great fight with Aziz Omar, Magnus Dahlgren and Andre Nascentes!
Omar was at my tail and Andre was a bit in front. We closed in on him and I let Omar through since fighting in front and at the back of my car was too much for my insecure driving.

Omar needed quite a lot of laps to finally get through and I was still at his rear and got past too.
He then slowly got away from me though and I saw a new car in my mirrors:
Magnus!
He really found some pace towards the end of the race and closed in on me pretty fast!
I made a small mistake and he got through.

I also had this weird, random understeer under braking. Doing some test laps again, I saw that the front left core was getting a bit hot due to the brake ducts being too much closed.
Opening it one click and adjusting the PSI felt better.
Lesson learnt!

Before heading to the Nurburgring, where after 5 years of racing it every few months, I'm still super slow:
I took the new BMW M4 GT3 for a spin at Brands' and put in a 1:23.895.
At least leaving this track with a good feeling :)

Although I love the sound of the AMG and it's fun to drive, it seems to be a bit too easily unsettled over kerbs for my skill level.. So changing to the BMW M4 for now.

Last edited:
My little race report from Brands Hatch:

My PB was similar to Chris' pole time, but I somehow really struggled. The issue was probably sitting in front of the wheel, lol.
Front left was getting too hot, psi didn't seem right out of nowhere etc.
My trust into my pace was a bit gone for the race...

I jumped 2 places at the start and enjoyed being in 3rd but for whatever reason I spun at the exit of Sheene's, looking at the replay I somehow touched the grass... Luckily no damage done but tyres were cooked and I had to let 5 cars through before rejoining.
After that I don't think I nailed a single apex at all for the rest of the race. I had to be careful but I really can't drive Brands Hatch carefully. It's full on via gut feeling or I'm slow and insecure.

The pit stop was good though and I then had a great fight with Aziz Omar, Magnus Dahlgren and Andre Nascentes!
Omar was at my tail and Andre was a bit in front. We closed in on him and I let Omar through since fighting in front and at the back of my car was too much for my insecure driving.

Omar needed quite a lot of laps to finally get through and I was still at his rear and got past too.
Omar slowly crawled away from my though and I saw a new car in my mirrors:
Magnus!
He really found some pace towards the end of the race and closed in on my pretty fast!
I made a small mistake and he got through.

I also had this weird, random understeer under braking. Doing some test laps again, I saw that the front left core was getting a bit hot due to the brake ducts being too much closed.
Opening it one click and adjusting the PSI felt better.
Lesson learnt!

Before heading to the Nurburgring, where after 5 years of racing it every few months, I'm still super slow.

So I took the new BMW M4 GT3 for a spin at Brands' and put in a 1:23.895.
At least leaving this track with a good feeling :)

Although I love the sound of the AMG and it's fun to drive, it seems to be a bit too easily unsettled over kerbs for my skill level.. So changing to the BMW M4 for now.
Great little report. I tried the AMG a few times and just couldn't get it to feel stable so gave up too.

If this club continues to have enough drivers and good racing, I'll definitely get it, yep :)
Hope so! Numbers usually drop during summer due to hot weather and holidays but we usually have a race of some sort up each week. I'll be giving rfactor 2 ago as it was massively discounted in steam. Also might see if there is any interest in a dirt rally competition.

Round 6, BrandsHatch
LzxAKYx.jpg

2CIfhiD.jpg

FaOIxBb.jpg

KSFX52E.jpg

6gSM8jh.jpg

X4HLi45.jpg

TWL3m7g.jpg

Nurburgring Briefing
Time multiplier is x4 - race starts at 15:00
Starting track temp will be somewhere around 32 degrees dropping to mid/low 20s towards the end of the race.

Another pit exit lane to be careful of. As usual during quali wait for a gap before leaving the pit exit. During the Race people already on track please leave room if you end up coming past pit exit whilst someone is leaving.

The BMW M4 seems fairly stable over the kerbs. But I'm 4s behind the good lap times from YouTube without spotting any differences between their videos and my replays. Good times, I always sucked at this track :roflmao: :roflmao:

And as far as I remember, I also never had a clean and/or good race there, lol.

At least I had some of my best, longest and fairest battles here though! :)
Quite a lot of theoretical overtaking spots in gt3/gt4 cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 22 57.9%