ACC RD Racing Club | World Challenge Europe Thunders On To Simracing.GP [Deleted]

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great race guys,

That was such an unfortunate knock Brooks!

I really need to work on my starts, I'm just not aggressive enough to stay in position, like last week I dropped down the grid before turn 1. :thumbsdown:

Well done everyone on a great race!! mine was a disaster all around, but at least you all can laugh at this, because i bet you have never seen anyone do this :cry::cry::cry::):):);););)

giphy (1).gif

Thanks for the race!
Until the pit stop, it was a lot of fun having Chris breathing down my neck and Andrew sitting right behind him, ready to pounce!
Thank you both for not being too aggressive and rather careful and fair. I tried to be the same :)

Sadly the amg is a massive b!tch through the bump up the hill at Radillion and since I let Chris through into T1 a lap before, expecting to get an easy run up on Kemmel Straight, which never happened, lol:
I wasn't careful enough in the second lap after pitting.
Lost the car and since there's no damage multiplier in ACC online, my windscreen was destroyed, hood bent and front wheels misaligned.
No front end anymore.. Brakes were fine though.

I switched to bumper cam, set tc to 1, brake bias to the lowest possible and tried to "skandinavian flick" the car to the apex, use the kerbs to slide the car around and keep the car turning with the throttle.
Worked more or less, I lost 10s per lap...
With over a minute of repairs + the endless pit lane, repairing didn't make any sense.

To put the final stab in my race, I got the black+orange "mechanical damage, repair immediately" flag and a warning that I'd have 3 laps to repair the car.
No idea what the penalty was in the end.. I didn't pit and can't see the impact of the penalty :cautious:

Buuuuuut not all is lost!
I got my first pole position ever and did the fastest lap of the race. So the pace is there :)
But I'll take a different car next time at Spa!

(I tried a few different setups but you can't get rid of the risk with this car...)

As usual struggled to get the maximum out of the Porsche in quali. I have to run it with more fuel than I'd like otherwise it becomes too unstable. There was no way I was getting near the pole time - great lap Rasmus.

Start went ok but Andrew was like a rat up a drainpipe - spotted the gap on my right going up Eau Rouge then got past Rasmus at the end of the Kemmel Straight, cracking effort. I had Magnus breathing down my neck at the end of lap one thanks to the Porsche being slow as hell on the big straights (damn you fat rear wing!). After Rasmus and I got past Andrew after a small mistake at the chicane I pushed as much as I dared and managed to get a move done at La Source. My pit stop went wrong with me overshooting then coming out the pits saw Andrew's Audi steaming up behind me. It was an epic battle from there with Andrew getting by and holding the lead to the flag.

Had a blast last night, another showing of how close you can race when you put trust in the drivers around you to give space and not dive bomb.

Last edited:
This was a nice race, solid and steady pace.
No problems with the pitstop, what a surprise, and so nothing to complain about.
My strategy was to run long and wait until tyres temp began to drop off. I think i nailed the right moment, maybe a lap, but i'm happy with the way it worked out.

I have to say a huge respect and well done for all at the start, from my view it was very smart and respectful.

And last but not least, thanks to Chris and RD for organizing and hosting week after weeks these races!

No briefing needed for this one really. It's a very difficult track to overtake so start looking at your pit strategy during the race to see if you can gain places there. Pit exit is a shocker here so as usual anyone leaving the pits in qualifying please wait until the exit is clear. During the race it's up to the car on track to leave the driver leaving the pits room.

I'm really curious for the qualy and lap times tomorrow!
Brands Hatch is one of my favorite tracks. Apart from braking below the "bridge" for T2, everything else is dong by "gut feeling" instead of remembering markers for anything.
Complete opposite of Spa, where the only corner that I do via gut feeling is Pouhon.

I really like the 5-point tyre model and good TC implementation of ACC!
Although being quite the bullet ride, it's more or less safe if you don't risk it willingly.

And there's no "Russian Roulette" moment with the AMG like Eau Rouge :D

I hope no one will be doing 1:22's! :confused:

(btw, there's no damage option for multiplayer in acc from what I could find. I asked over at the official forums but didn't get a reply yet)

That was a nice race for me.
I was not sure what to expect from BrandsHatch because it is always tough there, but this time it went really ok.

The quali at BrandsHatch is always important for a good result.
I struggled for the first run of fast laps, feeling the pressure for making a good lap to stay not that far down the order. After 4 flying laps i hit the reset button, took a fresh set of tyres and a deep, deep breath in the pits for the second run. In my penultimate lap i got a 1.24.7 i guess and managed P5 on the grid. Better than expected and promising for the race, if i could manage to stay out of troubles...

Ok, race time.
The start of the race went well, lost just 1 place but that was ok as i was looking at 45min of lapping around and hoped for getting my chance to climb 1, 2 places up again later in the race.
A quick note from my view for the first lap. Again, i think we had some fine and clean driving in the first corners, so well done guys!

I settled in P6 after lap 2 with some pressure from @Nascentes behind me in the following laps. But i got a good rhythm and felt comfortable in the car and really focused on a consistent, steady pace. So i got some clean air behind, slowly, and as the race went on i felt good and decided for the long way in making a late stop.
Time for the stop was than 12min. before the end as the tyres felt dropping a bit.
Entering the pit in P1 and coming out in P3, after a good stop( for me ), was really unexpected.
Back on track i got pressure form Hardie in his MCL. He really showed his nose in the mirror and seemed to be way faster. He got a chance on the cooper straight inside to surtess and i decided to let him go instead of fighting and blocking. Better to secure a good 4th instead being caught in a fight for 3rd and maybe losing more because the 5th place was not far behind us. Fighting hard for position takes always a lot of pace away and sometimes its better to make a step back and take the silver instead looking for the golden swan.
After Hardie passed me i focused again on my pace and made it steady to the end. The 4th place is really encouraging, much more when i look at some races where i did a bad job.
In the end Brands Hatch was the best race of this series so far, hopefully i can build on this for the last 2 rounds.

Congrats to Chris for P1 and to the podium, as far as i saw i thing Chris was on its own for this race.
Also, thanks for organizing and hosting the series!
It was a bit disappointing to see just 12 cars on the grid.
Hopefully we get a larger field again for the last 2 races.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 29 51.8%