RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reik Major is about to win his 3rd season in a row at Presto GP with very good margin (we race the MMG F1 Mod). I cannot claim he is faster and more skilled than everybody else nominated, because he probably isn't (sry Reik) but I am quite sure he is among the most skilled sim racers here.

Anyway's, in addition to being as skilled as he is, he races with no secrets, he is open about everything from driving techniques to setup knowledge (among other things he posts his setup and video of best lap many days before the race so that everybody else can study, use learn, ask questions etc). This helps everybody else develop and become more skilled, and I think it helps him as well, being able to discuss with other fast drivers and learn what they think :)

Such openness around learning and knowledge is what in my opinion accellerate the sim racing community's collective development on the track. And the more racers that are able to climb to a decent level and deliver a strong race preformance, the larger, greater and stronger this sport will become.

Therefore it is an easy choice to vote for Reik, a true Sim Racer of the Year for me :) That and that we race in the same league ;)

Levret who is dominant in the RDRC and we all know how tough rallying is.

Yup, he's had some incredible seasons and has won many events, i voted for him. But it seems like things have changed in the RDRC, see the lastest Rallyes, i respectfully tell you that "dominant" may have been a little exageration, without meaning to offend anyone ;)

I'd really like more people to know about RBR and rallying here and in simracing, that way rally drivers could get more votes, instead of the very well known circuit racers, don't get me wrong, circuit drivers deserve their votes too. There are almost no Rally simulators and IMHO Rally drivers seem a bit "underrated" but i'm sure that the winner of this will deserve it, if it's a circuit driver or a Rally driver.

Good luck

Edit: ^ at Ryan's post.

Well, they've been on the track together. I wouldn't look at WTM as much as I would something like STC in the Doran, as all drivers were in the same car. Don't know the stats there, but that's better to bring up than WTM. Having driven WTM, when you're in the wrong car for a particular track, you're screwed. And Jesper was in the Sierra for those races while Peter wasn't.
Like I said, playing Devil's advocate ;)

Thank you very much Nicolai! :)

I like the special athmosphere in the PrestoGP league very much. I think it's very unique to share anything and have no penalty system. This is the best base for fair and clean racing on a very high level.

If there'd be a category like "admin of the year" or "league organizer of the year" I'd vote for you, because your attitude and hard work is the big fundament of it all! :) (Not to forgett that each RD staff member does an outstanding job here to support our pleassure!)

The only series I really started following here on RD was the FSR championship and I gotta give my vote to Huis. I nearly fell out of my chair when I was browsing the prescision motorsports page and saw the kid was 17 lol. Incredible talent, he pulled a Vettel in this years FSR championship, only he did it absolutely equal machinery. Crazy talent for a kid that young, looking forward to next year's championship and hopefully I'll be able to join an open wheeler league or two soon =)

Fernando Alonso got my vote, for dragging that car onto the podium in over 50% of the races it had no business being there. Vettel was flawless but he also had the best car by a mile (and more than half a second advantage) to anyone else. He made the best of a good situation.

This was a hard one as there has been many good drivers this year. Vettel dominated the season and was also good in the ROC. Jenson did a good job in the McLaren as well and was really the only one that could compete with Vettel and put him under pressure, particularly in the second half of the season. Sebastian Loeb had another fine season by winning his 8th world title, and the Team Vodafone boys ran the V8 Supercars title right to the end as the other competition could not keep up. But my vote will go to Greg Hancock. To win his 2nd world title at the age of 41 when the sport is seeing a huge influx of young talent immediately battling at the front and to win it so convincingly is a real achievement indeed. When you consider the bikes he races have no brakes and no gears and are usually funded through sponsors he has to find and money he earns along with travelling expenses and paying his pit crew, its great to see he is still so motivated to compete and do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes