RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
These awards usually end up going to the most popular games, but I voted for Sebastien Levret for his RBR Rally dominance here.
This year, he has been almost unbeatable in the RDRC and the Rally Club, and I would rate RBR Rallying about the most difficult and demanding Sim we have at RD. There is almost no recovery from a mistake in RBR. Even though Seb is a lot faster than most of the drivers, I have yet to see him have a DNF, quite an amazing feat. Probably only those involved in RBR can fully appreciate this though. ;)

Best of all, he has been a very humble and helpful Champion too. :)

Same as Warren, most impressively fast and consistent driving.

If you go too deep in a corner on a circuit, you'll lose some time. If you go too deep in a corner in rallying, you'll find a rock or a tree, and destroy the car. Not a single DNF in such a long time is mighty impressive. Well, combined with his outright speed, that is. Even I could have no DNFs if I drove around like a pensioner :D

Peter will get many votes next year if he progresses like this. If we had a category "most improved driver" he would certainly be on the top of the list as he has made great steps in the last three years.

See, I agree with that thinking. However, it's not like Peter isn't ALREADY a driver worthy of Simracer of the Year. He has 3 titles to his name this year alone. And when you consider he has also beaten Taulborg, I don't see how Jesper has such an edge over him in the poles...

Chose the FVRV8 2011 mod, love the sounds, immersion and the physics of the cars, however it was a very, very close call!

See, I agree with that thinking. However, it's not like Peter isn't ALREADY a driver worthy of Simracer of the Year. He has 3 titles to his name this year alone. And when you consider he has also beaten Taulborg, I don't see how Jesper has such an edge over him in the poles...
I don't mean to be the devil's advocate but technically he hasn't beaten Jesper. Jesper only did the last four races in WTM S2, finishing ahead of Peter in every race.

Peter and Jesper are yet to go head to head in a full championship.

I am not saying who is better; just straightening a few facts :)

Thanks to everyone who already voted for me.
I had to choose between Jesper and Bono for the award, in the end I decided to choose for Bono.
He showed that he is probably the best open wheel driver in the world, and was completely dominant for the whole season in one of the most challenging championships, FSR. Jesper is also a great driver in tin top cars, and I have always enjoyed battling with him, he is also a great consistent driver, but Bono was just a bit more dominant.

RDCCC? Love the discussion btw. :p
Did Jesper do all of CCC? :p

Also love these discussions. You have this:
  • Bono who is quite clearly the fastest driver in open-wheelers in the world.
  • Peter who is probably the best racer I have ever seen and is incredibly sporting and mature.
  • I know it is 'only' World Series; but don't forget Rietveld beat Peter.
  • Jesper who is consistently challenging all the time; and won ATCC despite some poor luck at the start, while he utterly dominated RDTCC S6.
  • Florian who won the longest & toughest championship on RD aside from FSR in arguably the hardest cars to drive in circuit simracing, again despite some setbacks.
  • Levret who is dominant in the RDRC and we all know how tough rallying is.
  • Keithley raced in the WSS which had seven potential racer winners (drivers like Strauss & Taulborg remember) and finished on the podium in all but one of the 10 races.
  • Blewitt who won the FPC championship despite missing two races of the 7.

Edit: ^ at Ryan's post.

Well, they've been on the track together. I wouldn't look at WTM as much as I would something like STC in the Doran, as all drivers were in the same car. Don't know the stats there, but that's better to bring up than WTM. Having driven WTM, when you're in the wrong car for a particular track, you're screwed. And Jesper was in the Sierra for those races while Peter wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes