Race Element

Misc Race Element 1.0.7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well.. Since you seem to report every review I make about your application and are now going after other reviews I've made on skins and other apps (btw i made my profile private now because of you), I figure I'll come here. Imagine being so upset that you report all my other reviews which are not negative in anyway and for things like skins and other apps. Funny enough out of all the ones you reported only yours is the only negative review. All the others 4 and 5 stars. You reported one for me commenting in Spanish on a Spanish skin when the uploader wrote in Spanish and is Spanish and myself being Spanish commented in Spanish praising the skin. Like wow.. That's actually pretty petty. Your product is trash, your actions are a reflection of yourself and your app, and it hardly ever works..

Well.. Since you seem to report every review I make about your application and are now going after other reviews I've made on skins and other apps (btw i made my profile private now because of you), I figure I'll come here. Imagine being so upset that you report all my other reviews which are not negative in anyway and for things like skins and other apps. Funny enough out of all the ones you reported only yours is the only negative review. All the others 4 and 5 stars. You reported one for me commenting in Spanish on a Spanish skin when the uploader wrote in Spanish and is Spanish and myself being Spanish commented in Spanish praising the skin. Like wow.. That's actually pretty petty. Your product is trash, your actions are a reflection of yourself and your app, and it hardly ever works..
Can you please explain what it is where your issue resides?
Do include a screenshot from the Event Viewer and make sure to include the log file where the issue happened!

Last edited:
Since you seem to report every review I make about your application and are now going after other reviews I've made on skins and other apps
Not so, there have been no other reviews of yours reported.
The app you are discussing has over 7000 downloads without problems, maybe if you tried acting in a proper manner and followed the advice given when your first review was removed you might have got some help.
Abuse of fellow members is unacceptable and against our ToS, so remember that before attacking one.

1704108995546.png

If you had asked me 2 or 3 days ago or whenever.. sure.. But after all this and how you've acted.. no I don't want to download that program again nor do I want to help you fix your program.

1704108815305.png

So because other people have no problem and I do and I posted about i'm in the wrong and there for should be punished accordingly to you? Funny... I was acting in a proper manner to begin with.. It was only after every single review I posted was flagged.

Also bs... Next time if you're gonna say something maybe make sure I don't have screenshots first. BTW it was for 2 of them. But who is counting.
1704109077078.png

1704108959118.png

@CrazyJow
Once again I'll point out that those reviews are against our ToS Board Rules.
Anyone who post in the public forums using a foreign language is liable to have them deleted.
Funny... I was acting in a proper manner to begin with.. It was only after every single review I posted was flagged.
Your were advised not to submit reviews but to use the discussion thread instead, instead you continued to post reviews despite warnings not to do so.
No one is punishing you but you can't abuse the review system.
Riddle Time is offering help why not accept it.
Maybe have a look at our ToS Board Rules, the link is at the bottom of every page on the site.

Hi there! It seems that after the update 1.0.0.0 and NET 8 installed, the app won't start every time.. :/ can't figure out when it will eventually start, but it shows the popup window and then nothing. tried to install the previous version and the same is happening.. any ideas?
thx

Hi there! It seems that after the update 1.0.0.0 and NET 8 installed, the app won't start every time.. :/ can't figure out when it will eventually start, but it shows the popup window and then nothing. tried to install the previous version and the same is happening.. any ideas?
thx
Do you perhaps have got Content Manager(for AC) running meanwhile?

Anyhow, have a look at the Race Element Log Folder (Settings tab -> Open Race Element Folder). Those logs might be useful to me.

Aside from this, open the 'Event Viewer' in windows and open the Windows Logs->Application. Then look for 2 messages with the Sources: Application error and .NET Runtime. If you could copy the contents of the General tab for each of these events.

Last edited:
Do you perhaps have got Content Manager(for AC) running meanwhile?

Anyhow, have a look at the Race Element Log Folder (Settings tab -> Open Race Element Folder). Those logs might be useful to me.

Aside from this, open the 'Event Viewer' in windows and open the Windows Logs->Application. Then look for 2 messages with the Sources: Application error and .NET Runtime. If you could copy the contents of the General tab for each of these events.
Well yes, i might have content manager open for a while. As soon as i restart the pc it opens again.. i'll check out those log files and try to send them to you.

^ so for the app not starting and only showing a splash screen. It seems Content manager doesn't clean up the AC(C) shared memory pages whilst it's running but only when it's shut down.

So it's quite unfortunate but AC and ACC use the same names for the shared memory pages, which caused Race Element to pick up data that belonged to AC. That handling of AC Data is fixed and will be available in the next release or in the current beta version.

(Static Info HUD when Content manager is running but AC was shut down already)

2IxQ0nO.png

I've created an issue at the Content Manager github repo, so hopefully they clean up the shared memory when AC shuts down and not after Content Manager shuts down. https://github.com/gro-ove/actools/issues/96
I do recommend to shut down Content Manager before you start ACC and Race Element.

Thank you @emd1986 for providing the logs from the event viewer!

I've also requested Kunos Simulazioni to create a unique name for the ACC Shared Memory pages: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ory-with-different-naming.73398/#post-1229194

Last edited:
@CrazyJow I partly agree with what you claim, my actions indeed reflect to who I am. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not a magician. I need a stack trace, basically a log of where the error happened, this helps me to fix a bug and make sure it doesn't happen again. The review section is not intended for bug reports, it's easier to use the discussion thread for that as it allows me to ask you a question(asking for event viewer and RE logs) which you can respond to and visa versa.

I feel this was caused by Content Manager(AC) not cleaning up properly. I have filed an issue at their GitHub as you can read in the previous message.

Also there is no need to make your profile private, I wanted to DM you to ask you about the logs but I couldn't. Obviously if you feel to do so, that is up to you.

Last edited:
RiddleTime updated Race Element with a new update entry:

Code:
- Adjusted tyre pressure range up to 27.3 instead of up to 27.0
- Corner Data HUD: Added Corner Names Column by mreininger23.
- Prevent Race Element from crashing whilst Content Manager(AC) is still running after AC started and was exited (please shut down content manager before starting ACC and Race Element).
- Adjusted publish profile to include dds generation api dll.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'll be adding a twitch chat hud in the upcoming version, it'll be a very simple representation of the chat without emotes but then again it will be very lightweight!

Code:
- Twitch Chat HUD:
  - Connected message is now only visible to you.
  - Added option to make new messages appear at the bottom of the hud.
  - Added more chat bot commands: ahead and behind, both showing the last lap.

Code:
- Twitch Chat HUD:
  - Added support for subscriptions alerts, they will now show up in one form or another.
  - Added more chat bot commands: purple, green, position.
- Speedometer HUD: Decreased total size by 10%.

Code:
- Twitch chat HUD:
  - Added +potential best command, shows the potential best lap if you've set any valid laps.
  - Removed +pos command, (you can literally see this in the Vanilla ACC Widgets).
- Added basic support for Red Bull Ring, corner data will come soon.
- Once I am able to buy the GT2 DLC, the data for the new cars will have to be collected so expect another update soon.

Code:
- Twitch Chat HUD:
  - Added option to enable...

Perhaps a silly question but how do I get the overlays to show up on my stream? I can see them fine in game, just not on the stream. Been at it for a while but can't seem to figure it out or find anything helpful online.

Perhaps a silly question but how do I get the overlays to show up on my stream? I can see them fine in game, just not on the stream. Been at it for a while but can't seem to figure it out or find anything helpful online.
Join the discord server, https://discord.gg/26AAEW5mUq , there is a post called "Huds and Streaming" in the guides section(just search for "huds" in that section). It should help you out!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.