Race Element

Misc Race Element 1.0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am trying to use Race Element of ACC but it wont show up on the game. I tried pressing F11 as well and i also run Race Element first then ACC and still.

Hey, love being able to manage ACC through this.

Do you have any plans to expand RE to other sims? Having any of this functionality in RF2 or Iracing would be fantastic!

Hi @RiddleTime ,
I love your "little" app to compare my setups. It's be far the best setup-comparing-tool I could find! :inlove:

Two points that I would wish for, if you can find the time:
1) I often have to close + start Race Element to see my new setups. Would it be possible to add a "folder refresh" button or something?

2) Since I only use it for the setup comparison: Would it be possible to add a setting that Race Element starts with the last open tab or something similar?
I'm mainly doing league racing so it's always 3 weeks the same track, same car.

These 2 things would save me a lot of clicks! Currently I launch a new Race Element, navigate to setups -> car -> track. A Teammate uploads his new setup creation and I repeat the same.
I still absolutely love Race Element, but I thought I'd just ask you about this :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi @RiddleTime ,
I love your "little" app to compare my setups. It's be far the best setup-comparing-tool I could find! :inlove:

Two points that I would wish for, if you can find the time:
1) I often have to close + start Race Element to see my new setups. Would it be possible to add a "folder refresh" button or something?

2) Since I only use it for the setup comparison: Would it be possible to add a setting that Race Element starts with the last open tab or something similar?
I'm mainly doing league racing so it's always 3 weeks the same track, same car.

These 2 things would save me a lot of clicks! Currently I launch a new Race Element, navigate to setups -> car -> track. A Teammate uploads his new setup creation and I repeat the same.
I still absolutely love Race Element, but I thought I'd just ask you about this :)

Thanks in advance!

Little in size, big in feature count ;)

As for your questions:
1. Right click the Setups->Browse tab. (I thought I described this in the Info tab :))
Race element should remember which of the cars/tracks were opened before you press refresh, so it will expand those categories after refreshing.
1694123043539.png

2. Race Element already remembers the last main tab that was opened when you shut down the app and opens that previous tab at start-up, let me know if you've got any issues with it.

1. Right click the Setups->Browse tab. (I thought I described this in the Info tab :))
Race element should remember which of the cars/tracks were opened before you press refresh, so it will expand those categories after refreshing.
Oh wow.. sorry! I found the note in the info tab. I think I definitely read that all once, maybe you added the note later than about a year ago? :D
Anyway, that's pretty awesome, thanks!
2. Race Element already remembers the last main tab that was opened when you shut down the app and opens that previous tab at start-up, let me know if you've got any issues with it.
Yeah, sorry again. It opens with the setup tab. I'd love it to stay in the same track folder too, but with the refresh button, which stays in the same track folder, I can manage the 2 clicks once per session :redface::roflmao:

Oh wow.. sorry! I found the note in the info tab. I think I definitely read that all once, maybe you added the note later than about a year ago? :D
Anyway, that's pretty awesome, thanks!

Yeah, sorry again. It opens with the setup tab. I'd love it to stay in the same track folder too, but with the refresh button, which stays in the same track folder, I can manage the 2 clicks once per session :redface::roflmao:
Perhaps, I can add something for this;
1. Be in a session being the driver of any car.
2. Then when the setup tab is opened(or re-opened) it would open the car and track combo if it would exists.

edit:..
This possible solution works.. needs a bit more refinement but I'll add it to the next release.

Last edited:
RiddleTime updated Race Element with a new update entry:

- Added Clock HUD to Pitwall Tab: Displays your system time in either 24h or am/pm format.
- Setup Browser: When refreshing the livery browser, the current car and track combo will open in the tree.
- Race Element Settings Tab: Added option to by default generate 4K dds_1 files instead of downsizing them to 2K resolution like the game does.
- ACC Settings Tab: Added ACC Settings only available through json editing.
- ACC HUD Settings: Allows you to toggle settings like the rating widget...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@RasmusP https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/race-element.50578/updates#resource-update-111754
I've changed the behavior of the right click on the Browse tab, no context menu, just directly refreshing the setups on right click.

I did remove the refresh when the tab re-opens. It defeated the purpose of caching the setups.
This means that it will only try to expand the current car and track combo only when either the setups tab is initially loaded or when the setups are manually refreshed by right clicking the Setups->Browse tab.

Last edited:
This just keeps getting better! I'm also using the Pedal-Trace HUD and a few others for training sessions that I record to my hard drive to do an analysis afterwards or stream it via Discord if the others of the team are having a look.

Thank you very very much for your work. It's a solid part of my ACC league racing!

This just keeps getting better! I'm also using the Pedal-Trace HUD and a few others for training sessions that I record to my hard drive to do an analysis afterwards or stream it via Discord if the others of the team are having a look.

Thank you very very much for your work. It's a solid part of my ACC league racing!
Thanks a lot, also will visit the simracing expo and maybe have a beer :inlove:

I think that's where the huds come in handy, also when spectating someone through discord, just having the traces there and some common info is what I found useful to coach someone!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 86 58.5%