RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

EU TIME ZONE

1. Marco Boemi
2. Dan Allinson
3. Mark Guy
4. Pieter Theron
5. Kai Hiwatari
6. Aristide Romanov
7. Marcel Bosman
8. Philip Sprangers
9. Matt Cox
10. Jean-Pierre Blanchy

I must pull out as I will now not be home at race start time, GUTTED!

EU TIME ZONE

1. Marco Boemi
2. Dan Allinson
3. Mark Guy
4. Pieter Theron
5. Kai Hiwatari
6. Aristide Romanov
7. Marcel Bosman
8. Philip Sprangers
9. Matt Cox
10. Jean-Pierre Blanchy
11. Kieron Swart

Still waiting for my G27 been 2 weeks now so will still be racing with old wheel with no FFB :(

Great evening even if I was slower and at the back !

My only satisfaction is to know I didn't do any mistake during the 2 races. :)

Well done all racers and winners:)

Please Matt and Nick who followed me a while, tell me where and how I can be quicker ! Brno is a track I know well, so this is not the reason: it must come from my too early breaking maybe ? or a wrong apex ? or ??? or a wrong setup or ????

Thanks in advance if you could give me some reactions or advices ! :cool:

I thoroughly enjoyed those races, it was a pretty closely matched field.

I should have done a couple of practice starts before the first race since I fluffed it in race 1. I thought I would short-shift to second to try and limit the wheelspin but that was a bit of a mistake! Had nice battles with Jean-Pierre and Marco which were great. :)

Race 2 was much better. I managed to get the start right this time and was able to get into the first corner in the lead from 2nd on the grid. I kept the lead for the first lap but I couldn't hold Dariusz back as he was just too quick. It would have been great to hold on to second but I asked too much of the tyres into turn 1 mid-race after they started to go a little bit and dropped back to 4th. But 4th place less than 5 seconds off the lead was a great result.

Please Matt and Nick who followed me a while, tell me where and how I can be quicker ! Brno is a track I know well, so this is not the reason: it must come from my too early breaking maybe ? or a wrong apex ? or ??? or a wrong setup or ????

I'm nowhere near alien standard so I'm maybe not the best for advice! :) You kept me back for half the race and even then I wasn't really in a position to challenge most of the time, I was lucky to get that run up the hill and into the penultimate corner. From what I could see it didn't look too bad, the only thing I could see was that you maybe had a little more understeer than I did around certain parts of the lap. Our fastest laps were only a difference of about 4 tenths.

My car felt pretty good until about the half way point after which I could really feel the tyres start to go off. I could drive around it a little bit by throwing the nose into the corners a little more aggressively and shifting the brake balance to the rear a couple of clicks. I hadn't driven the Chevy around Brno until last night so my setup wasn't that far off the defaults. I ran a few laps with the default just to see where it was. The balance felt quite good and the tyre temps looked okay so all I did was stiffen up the springs 10nm all round, moved the brake bias back a bit and adjusted the steering rack.

I had a terrible time of it - did my usual get a setup (Thanks Gunther) try that, see an improvement - Oh I know I'll try some other setups - Oh dear what did I do - I know I'll have a tinker with this setup - Oh dear its worse - Load first setup - WTF that doesn't even work for me now I've confused my brain with all the different setups - Oops its the end of qualy, I'll just make a few small adjustments before I click 'Race' - then spend 25 minutes wondering why - Then load another setup between races. Yes this is a true account of how I approached this event - No wonder I was soooo very far behind!

I KNOW I am not fast anyway, but days like this added to the Ice Rink that Puebla feels like makes me wish I'd stopped in bed!

Thanks to my fellow racers for being there and to RD.

@Jean-Pierre Blanchy

I know you didn't ask me for input but I will give you my personal opinion in anycase :lol:.

Consistency (same laptimes time after time) and cool headedness (handle being chased down and defend and challenge) I think is KEY and that only comes with racing quite often in groups like here (we have all heard that many times). In PGR and Forza I did a LOT of hot-lapping just to try and get to the top (1-10) of the leaderboard which I did but most of the time I was unable to convert those times into normal race wins. As soon as variables were added to the mix like other racing drivers the heat of the moment takes over and you miss braking points, turn in points etc.... In my case I tried to be too considerate not wanting to get known as the "aggresive one" but in reality it was the fear of failure and dissapointing myself. That is still pretty much the case...

Getting back to the point: Just keep on doing what you are doing (enrol and compete). There is a tipping point where yin and yang meets and everything will fall into place. Then you will wonder why you ever struggled :)

Don't take it from me because I am just another mid field runner...:frown:

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR Evolution
Class: GT Club
Track: Nordschleife
Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualification: 18:30 GMT (super pole)
Warm-up: 19:00 GMT
Race: 19:05 (2x4 laps with mandatory pitstop, two tires need to be changed)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and leave your event related comments in the thread.

[signuplist]90[/signuplist]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM S2000
Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE 07 only
Class: WTCC 2006/2007
Track: Donington Park GP click here to download
Qualification: 18:30 GMT (Super pole)
Warm-up: 18:40 GMT
Race: 18:45 GMT (25 laps with forced pitstop)

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and leave your event related comments in the thread.

[signuplist]91[/signuplist]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SR4
Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE 07 Only
Class: Radical SR4 (252bhp)
Track: Dubai International click here to download
Qualification: 18:45 GMT
Warm-up: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 GMT, 30 laps (with mandatory pitstop)

Signup List

[signuplist]92[/signuplist]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE 07 only
Class: Mini Cooper Challenge
Track: Valencia Long
Qualification: 18:30 GMT
Warm-up: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 GMT (60 minutes with a forced pitstop)

Signup List

[signuplist]93[/signuplist]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play