Modernizing GTR2 with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin

Thank you @Shovas, you say that "grip" values have no effect. That means that currently there's no way to control how RFP feels in rain vs dry, right?

There is FrontGripEffect

I don't think there's way to tune feel for rain vs dry separately but I find I can get a good enough balance with PLR Grip Weight or RealFeel FrontGripEffect.

Last edited:
There is DefaultFrontGripEffect but it's set once, I guess, and doesn't appear to be affected by changes to the Grip Weight in the PLR.

I don't think there's way to tune feel for rain vs dry separately but I find I can get a good enough balance with PLR Grip Weight or RealFeel FrontGripEffect.
I could dynamcally control this value based on rain intensity, let's discuss this further on Discord ;) What FGE are you using atm?

I'll wait to see how TIW integrates it to update the instructions but if you have access to the files you can try it out right now.
@Shovas, sorry but I am not planning to add this part to the manual, it is already soon 80 pages long, I am trying to keep it GTR2/CCGEP specific and for satellite things like RFP, ReShade etc I have no goal of covering them entirely in there. But you have your nice wiki ;)

For the adventurous, the rFactor 1 Plugins\Miles files enable RealFeel speech in GTR2.

This allows you to use the keyboard shortcuts while driving and get speech feedback to confirm what you're changing. This greatly helps in tuning while driving, making the whole process much more efficient.
Is this any different then just changing text in realfeel.ini from
"Speech enabled=false" to
"Speech enabled=true"
I have speech and keyboard shortcuts without the need for extra files. Or is it giving more commands?

I think those files were leftovers from early versions of the RF plugin and not required in later versions, much like leo's
That's true. Leo's is not needed in 0.936, it is part of it, at least the Kf force is. Don't know if there was more to it. Also, just loading Leo won't do anything in GTR2 because currently only RFP 925 and 936 is wired via CCGEP. 925 is wired purely for experimentation and might explode.

Last edited:
As far as I recall just the crewchief.dll and the realfeel.dll. I'll check for sure tomorrow. Do you run the crew chief app at the same time, I do not. Games can be quirky, I've been trying to get your simhub overlays to work but the only data i get is of my car.

Hey Shovas got a quick question for HD pack.
Is there a way to remove all of the old GTR2 content and keep the HD content incuding the tracks?
See HD pack's Setup.cmd, it has page to remove original stuff. However, carefully read what each page says. I vaguely remember - some things can be removed, but I believe tracks need to stay, because HQ tracks reference some stuff from original tracks.

And as always, simply backup GTR2 folder before doing changes like this so that you can go back if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Everything but critical fixes is off by default in CCGEP (see "Aways enabled Fixes and Enhancements"). That is done so because most people seem to be content with GTR2 as is and I do not want to surprise them. So no flat spots by default, no dirt pickup etc - most folks don't care about such stuff. The other reason it makes issues easier to catch. Game exploded? What did you enable last?

My idea is that eventually modders will include CCGEP settings with their mods, but we'll see if it ever happens. There should be no behavior changes unless you enable them - everything is off. HQ only enables 2 visual features, not behavior/physics/FFB etc.

At trackaholics, I share "CCGEP Patches". Those are some files that enable all features in concert for certain mods, cars, but not for 2003/2004/PnG.

Let's not pollute HQ thread, we can continue here: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/mod...e-crew-chief-gtr2-enhancements-plugin.250134/ but I suggest you to take your time to learn the plugin - it's entire new world, it's not GTR2 anymore - means a lot to learn.
Sounds great. I'm very excited to discover and play around with all these enhancements.

Question about the Optional AVX2 binaries. Does this help CPU performance (at the expense of higher CPU load, power & heat typically associated with AVX instruction sets)? I can't find any info on it in the CCGEP manual besides being listed in the downloads section.

Last edited:
Sounds great. I'm very excited to discover and play around with all these enhancements.

Question about the Optional AVX2 binaries. Does this help CPU performance (at the expense of higher CPU load, power & heat typically associated with AVX instruction sets)? I can't find any info on it in the CCGEP manual besides being listed in the downloads section.
Why not simply try? ;) Honestly it is just a silly thing I did once and keep doing. Plugin actually is extremely fast and I doubt AVX2 will speed anything up yet. May change in future.

Last edited:
Why not simply try? ;) Honestly it is just a silly thing I did once and keep doing. Plugin actually is extremely fast and I doubt AVX2 will speed anything up yet. May change in future.
I will try it :) I just don't really know what I'm downloading, what it's supposed to do, etc. There's no info whatsoever on it, just a "random" download link.
:)

Last edited:
I will try it :) I just don't really know what I'm downloading, what it's supposed to do, etc. There's no info whatsoever on it, just a "random" download link.
:)
It's because in the past, main way of getting my plugin was downloading it with the Crew Chief application - that is explained in the manual in setup instructions (Starting GTR2/Happy Path) . Download link used to be for enthusiasts who want to try AVX2 version. Now, Crew Chief application updates slowed down and manual download is the current way, I guess I will need to update manual for that. But then, no matter how much I try to explain someone ends up confused, oh well.

Last edited:
It's because in the past, main way of getting my plugin was downloading it with the Crew Chief application - that is explained in the manual in setup instructions (Starting GTR2/Happy Path) . Download link used to be for enthusiasts who want to try AVX2 version. Now, Crew Chief application updates slowed down and manual download is the current way, I guess I will need to update manual for that. But then, no matter how much I try to explain someone ends up confused, oh well.
Cool, thanks. Is there a link to any info about it? A forum thread or anything?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.