Modding Questions Thread

This is a long shot, and would like need quite a bit of modding knowledge/experience, but is there a mod (or would this even be possible?) to show on screen during a race how much throttle and brakes you are using? Such as in replays in Gran Turismo 3, and in Assetto Corsa?

I ask because I intend to record some for YouTube and think this would be a nice little thing to see (although if it's not possible then it's no big deal either :p)

This is a long shot, and would like need quite a bit of modding knowledge/experience, but is there a mod (or would this even be possible?) to show on screen during a race how much throttle and brakes you are using? Such as in replays in Gran Turismo 3, and in Assetto Corsa?

I ask because I intend to record some for YouTube and think this would be a nice little thing to see (although if it's not possible then it's no big deal either :p)
You could use the Telemetry mod, but that won't give you thetelemetry in-game, only in a window out of the game.

Might be possible, but I don't know how to do it

Datalogger, search the forum for it. 2012 version works, if you've got trouble to get it work (some do, others not), let me know and I may provide you a pdf with a small tutorial.

You could use the Telemetry mod, but that won't give you thetelemetry in-game, only in a window out of the game.

Might be possible, but I don't know how to do it
If that's the only way then I could still make it work!

Datalogger, search the forum for it. 2012 version works, if you've got trouble to get it work (some do, others not), let me know and I may provide you a pdf with a small tutorial.
I shall get searching! Thanks to both of you for the replies :)

Probably someone asked before.
How many have You all set kers_capacity in ctf for 33,3" ?

I have set 2200000 without effect. I tried german mod setted 9E+37
,without effect, too. Anybody has answers?

A great game but sadly not for keyboard as I am. I need to lower performance for the AI drivers.I found in the database the table but I need some help to understand it. 1 is the best the 0.1 is the worst (speed-in and speed-out). Bad chance is 1. The higher the number the more the possibilities for a bad chance?
Beyond the AI driver table do I need to change values in the performance tables by tier?

I wouldn't touch the database. If the lowest diff. is still too hard for you, open ai_track_difficulties.xml file (tracks\difficulties\<year>) and change those values at first.
Haven't tested yet but 0,06-0,1 should have an effect of 1sec AI time, so there's plenty room left for you to make the AI even slower overall.

I wouldn't touch the database. If the lowest diff. is still too hard for you, open ai_track_difficulties.xml file (tracks\difficulties\<year>) and change those values at first.
Haven't tested yet but 0,06-0,1 should have an effect of 1sec AI time, so there's plenty room left for you to make the AI even slower overall.
Seems like something is wrong with my xml files. That is strange. I only see the circuit name and plenty of messed up characters

• Deleted member 161052

Does anyone know how to make the car (Williams as an example) load a different car and livery (Red Bull)? Step-by-step please!

Last edited by a moderator:
A Williams cannot load a Red Bull livery, only a Williams livery. You can rename all the models parts and files to mimic it being a Red Bull, but you will still be working on and loading Williams livery files.

• Deleted member 161052

Can anything be changed inside this menu (change team slot)?
F1_2013 2014-05-01 18-29-25-73.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help me with this:

I'm trying to make a mod on the driver pictures. But when I do, it seems that when I save it, the transparency of the file is lost and appears to have a white BG.

I'm using Photoshop CS6 with the x64 NVidia Plugin for DDS. Thanks!

I'm trying to make a mod on the driver pictures. But when I do, it seems that when I save it, the transparency of the file is lost and appears to have a white BG.

Well, the driver pictures have a grey background by default, not sure if transparency would work at all (did never test). In which compression do you save the .dds? dxt1, dxt3 or dxt5?
Can someone Please help?
I still can't find resource manager anywhere at all?
Thanks! :)
Ney, can't help a guy who's unable to give himself a proper name.

Well, the driver pictures have a grey background by default, not sure if transparency would work at all (did never test). In which compression do you save the .dds? dxt1, dxt3 or dxt5?

the problem (i think) is not in the compression format. the real problem is on the alpha channel itself. take a look to this thread. ML has explained how to solve that http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/page-30

the problem (i think) is not in the compression format. the real problem is on the alpha channel itself. take a look to this thread. ML has explained how to solve that http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/page-30
ok, the grey was bollocks it's just transparency background within pssg file
though I do not see any problem here
Creating a complete new .dds file with a face and transparency works like a charm
upload_2014-5-2_15-47-51.png

Of course for the best result it seems the content needs to be adjusted in its width else it looks a bit stretched like my quick test.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.