AMS2 M1 vs GT4 @ Spa, Tuesday 24th October 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
m1-procar-1920.jpg

This Tuesday we take a trip into the Belgian hills to see how well the iconic BMW can hustle against a modern GT4.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #2 - Tuesday M1 vs GT4
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Spa
Class: M1 Procar and GT4

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCBSTCESTEDT
Practice30 mins18:3019:3020:3014:30
Qualifying15 mins19:0020:0021:0015:00
Race 125 mins19:2020:2021:2015:20
Qualifying / Break5 mins19:4520:4521:4515:45
Race 225 mins19:5020:5021:5014:50

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. Chris Bloom
  3. Michael Rudolf
  4. Redvaliant
  5. Eric S
  6. Bas Kriesels
  7. Craig Dunkley
  8. Lloyd Johnston
  9. G-Slev
  10. H_Belane
  11. aredM
  12. RockRacing77
  13. The Almighty Snark
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
On a side note:

A Development Update is planned to release soon (not giving an exact date because i'm not writing it and development is doing crunch time currently, which has influence on it obviously).

The game update is planned to be released at the end of this month which will also bring back wiped leaderboards which have been disabled too early due to the update being postponed shortly afterwards for further polish on various developments (this includes not only vehicle physics but also track rubber state in Time Trial mode which will be not "all track at full saturation no matter what line" but rubber actually being at the correct places on the ideal line in the future).

The update will also contain of other work than just physics of course! :)

Last edited:
I figured I ought to do a bit of testing to make sure the M1 is going to be able to have a reasonable go at the GT4 on this track. After about 6 laps, I was just within 3 seconds of my quick and dirty GT4 time..... I'm actually fine with this, but I decided to see if anything else with an H shifter could be a bit closer, so I tried the Formula Vintage II for a bit of a giggle and got within 0.3s of my GT4 time. I'm thinking I might also open up the field to that class too. Any thoughts?

Intriguing combo! Could you sign me up in an M1 please?
You're in!

We did a combo a little while back with the GT3 vs the Ultima which worked well over several tracks, so I was looking for another combo that allows you to pick between something a little more steady and something pretty lairy (no judgment on what gets picked - simply choose your own level of fun). I'm not sure about the performance difference with these two though, so it's a bit of an experiment. They were reasonably close for me around Donington, but I rarely drive at Spa, so I'm not sure I'm the best person to compare them here and we might just have to find out on the night. I'm sure it'll be decent fun either way! :)

You're in!

We did a combo a little while back with the GT3 vs the Ultima which worked well over several tracks, so I was looking for another combo that allows you to pick between something a little more steady and something pretty lairy (no judgment on what gets picked - simply choose your own level of fun). I'm not sure about the performance difference with these two though, so it's a bit of an experiment. They were reasonably close for me around Donington, but I rarely drive at Spa, so I'm not sure I'm the best person to compare them here and we might just have to find out on the night. I'm sure it'll be decent fun either way! :)
It has to be the M1 frankly. Anything you have to heel toe is always going to be the first choice in my view! :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 24 58.5%