Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Hi guys So my G27 has just been hooked up and is sitting in front of me. Can I just jump straight into games or would people reccomend I did something first? I am new to this XD

I just don`t like the fact that there is no sequential shifters option anymore... I`ll have to drive my WV8S 2011 Ford with a gated shifter I think ! :D
See here - I have ordered one but not here yet

http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/51287-hi-converter-g27-sequential-mod.html

Thanks very much for your time

Upvote 0
A few questions I have a thirteen inch Momo Monte Carlo wheel just doing nothing so is it possible to fix it onto my G27?. I put into consideration the farther reach to the paddles but I don't use paddles anyways. Also, being a bigger wheel it is more heavier. How much will it effect FFB and will the extra weight put more strain on motors?

Upvote 0
hey guys i need some help!! my G27 gets quite warm over an extended session (like hr plus) and slowly loses FFB strength, not so much thats it stops working or becomes unplayable, just a noticeable annoyance. it is only really prominient when the FFB is turned up. does anyone elses have this problem, and how did they fix it? I could easily just turn down the FFB to solve the issue, but i dont really want to do that if i can avoid it. Would strapping a big fan to the wheel case help much?

Any links to solutions would also be much appreciated, though id like to hear you guys experiences. thanks!

Upvote 0
Heat build up will cause the motors to become less efficient for sure, but worse, it will also cause the bearings, stators etc to wear faster too! If the G27 is out of warranty, and you feel able, I would highly recommend a pair of fans running directly above the motors blowing through the case. It works, I know as I have done it in the past and my ARC-Team G25-E uses a similar set up and that monster runs COLD :)

Upvote 0
serious overheating can almost only happen when you run too high force feedback strength. The wheel can only do some amount of force. Sometimes you only have to run iRacing at 6% ffb for example to start maxing out the wheel. Run 100% in iRacing and even the smallest bump will be 100% FFB on your wheel, making it work too hard and giving you no detail in the forces.

The same goes for most games. My experience is those who run high forces on the g25/27 (and most other wheels) think they have good feedback and lots of detail where in fact most of them experience binary FFB, its on or off.

Upvote 0
serious overheating can almost only happen when you run too high force feedback strength. The wheel can only do some amount of force. Sometimes you only have to run iRacing at 6% ffb for example to start maxing out the wheel. Run 100% in iRacing and even the smallest bump will be 100% FFB on your wheel, making it work too hard and giving you no detail in the forces.

The same goes for most games. My experience is those who run high forces on the g25/27 (and most other wheels) think they have good feedback and lots of detail where in fact most of them experience binary FFB, its on or off.

I mainly run high ffb in regards to the strength needed to turn the wheel, and turn other ffb effects such as engine vibrations and such right down, so i can clearly feel the tyres slipping. i need this high centering spring force because i believe that it feels the most naturual in regards to a real car. however, this heats mine up quickly. and running with a low steering force just doesnt feel natural at all and i may as well use a control pad :p

im thinking of just attaching a big fan to the outside of the g27 body, so i dont void any warranty. will this work effectivley? ive tried putting something cold agaisnt it and playing (a frozen bag of peas in a cloth lol) and it worked wonderfully, but obviously this is not an effective solution.

Upvote 0
I mainly run high ffb in regards to the strength needed to turn the wheel, and turn other ffb effects such as engine vibrations and such right down, so i can clearly feel the tyres slipping. i need this high centering spring force because i believe that it feels the most naturual in regards to a real car. however, this heats mine up quickly. and running with a low steering force just doesnt feel natural at all and i may as well use a control pad :p

im thinking of just attaching a big fan to the outside of the g27 body, so i dont void any warranty. will this work effectivley? ive tried putting something cold agaisnt it and playing (a frozen bag of peas in a cloth lol) and it worked wonderfully, but obviously this is not an effective solution.

You could stick a fan to the casing, or you could try out a real race car for a day. You will be utterly amazed at how light they are to turn in, until it all goes wrong of course.

Typically a race car only feel heavy after 30 minutes of intense battle for position, because you tense up and make quick pulls on the wheel, it wears out your arms and feels heavier than it actually is. I don't get where the misconception of racer cars being heavy comes from. It seems to circulate around alot of people, those who race sims and those who don't race at all, and I can confirm, that unless your racing a 1972 F1 car, then the steering will be almost as light as a road car, only with quicker response.

Upvote 0
I'm really wanting to buy this wheel. Going to couple it with the Wheel Stand Pro, however I cannot afford it all at once. I was wondering if anyone knew how wide the clamps are? My Logitech Formula Force EX wheel's clamps do not fit over my current desk, can anyone tell me the maximum clamp distance?
Thanks Guys.

Edit: Got a reply from Logitech, they say they are 2.5 inches fully extended.

Upvote 0
Oh noes! Shifter problem, just started happening now. Can't select 1-2, and 5-6 gear. It can get to the button inside and shift to those gears, but it doesn't stay in that position, it just goes back to the middle.

Haven't done anything out of the ordinary, plain shifting. And Race Minis, it wasn't even Richard Burns Rally, LOL. Haven't heard any strange noises or anything, it just happened. Well, had headphones on, so who knows.

Any ideas? It's still under warranty, but not sure if this would be covered, and I don't want to be without a wheel.

Upvote 0
Thanks, will send them an email tomorrow.

Still wondering if anyone came across this issue, and can it be fixed. I'm guessing the postage for the wheels will be astronomical, not sure I can spring for that really.

Upvote 0
I believe my wheel is faulty, but would like some opinions before I pack up and go back to the store. The ffb is ok but not great but I get some decent thumps mid corner, it feels like the gears are slipping then catching the next notch. In dirt it might be part of the game but also happens on the race series on tracks. I would expect it to be heavy then go light when I start sliding. It just feels notchy, sometimes a bit but others it slips quite hard. I've not used other g27s to say if this is normal or something that can be sorted with in game setups, but as it is it's nowhere near what I would expect from the generally good reviews

Upvote 0
What are your FFB settings? As another member here said, if they are to high you feel "bininary" feedback (its either off or on) I know that when I first got the wheel I stuck everything to max, on the recommendation of other members here I turned it down eventually to "0" in damper, spring and centering spring with an 85% power on overall. seems more accurate, with less of the feel of the internals of the wheel and more of the car

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies