Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Yes its time to trade the old Logitech G25 for a brand new G27.

Does anybody know a good offer in the Netherlands (online order + transport to the door :D). Ordered my G25 at 4launch.nl years ago but it seems they dont have the G27 in store anymore

Upvote 0
Bram! You Traitor! Nothing wrong with the good 'ol G25 :)

Seroiusly, the G27 isnt a huge leap forward, but as long as you can live without the sequential shifter (omitted on the G27 to make the 'H' shifter feel better) it has some nice improvments. Plus, often we dont realise how tired out old G25's are until we replace them!

When I return a good thread for 'Stockists' around the world might be a good idea, best deals and offers etc!

Upvote 0
@Brian: my old one I would never abandon unless it was really needed :) Had mine since 2006 and its starting to have issues.

Still my G25 was the best buy ever considering the fact the device has been used on daily basis by a 115kg dude of 2 meters :)

Upvote 0
I am having issues with my gas pedal. It often reduces the power I put on it (for instance if I do full throttle it is like I push it only 50%)
I guess there is maybe dirt inside. Is it easy to clean it or is there also something else that could cause this problem?

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, i wrote a tutorial on how to clean your Pedals, Unfortunatly only wrote it in dutch for the moment, but seeing you are from the netherlands you should have no problems reading it :)

G25/G27 pedalen:

Meeste mensen van ons spelen de games vrij veel, en vrijwel allemaal raced met sokken aan. Het nadeel van sokken is dat er veel stof aan zit, en zeker als je huisdieren hebt, dit allemaal tussen de pedalen kan komen. Nou zijn de meeste dingen hier wel behoorlijk bestand tegen, maar eens in de zoveel tijd is het misschien toch wel verstandig om de boel eens schoon te maken. Het kan geen kwaad, zolang je de tijd neemt en het komt de levensduur alleen maar ten goede!

Benodigdheden:
- Kruiskop Schroevendraaier
- Vet (Kogellager Vet Zuurvrij!)
- Imbus 2.5mm
- Imbus 5mm
- Bahco of steeksluitel (geloof M6 of M8 moer)
- Geduld

Stap 1:

Haal de Pedalen "faces" los, door 6 imbus boutjes los te draaien

G25_PedalCleaning_1.JPG

Stap 2:

Draai de pedalenset ondersteboven, en haal alle zilveren schroeven los, de zwarte absoluut laten zitten, aangezien dit totaal overbodig is om los te halen. Onder de tapijt clamp zitten overigens nog 2 schroeven verstopt! 14 schroeven in totaal.

G25_PedalCleaning_2.JPG

Stap 3:

Til de kap voorzichtig op, en kijk naar de schade, let op dat je aan de achterkant niet te hoog of te fanatiek de boel opent!

G25_PedalCleaning_3.JPG

Stap 4:

Haal de 2 schroefjes los die de bedrading klemmen, zodat je de hele kap er af kunt halen

G25_PedalCleaning_4.JPG

Stap 5:

Een close upje van de vuiligheid en viezigheid die zich sinds de release van het stuurtje in mijn pedalenset gekropen zijn.. Huisdieren helpen niet mee! De imbusbout die je moet loshalen voor de volgende stap is hier omcirkeld.

G25_PedalCleaning_5.JPG

Stap 6:

Haal alleen de voorste imbusbouten los, zodat je de pedalenset kan reinigen. De veren zou je nu eventueel ook kunnen switchen, zodat je rempedaal zachter wordt en je gaspedaal harder (of een andere verwisseling) Maak alles goed schoon met een stofzuiger, tissues met wasbenzine, en wattenstaafjes met wasbenzine. (geen ander oplosmiddelgebruiken dan wasbenzine!!) Maak vooral de tandwielen goed schoon. Zet ze hierna weer even goed in het vet, (niet dunne olie oid, echt vet) Vergeet ook niet de rode bussen een lichte laag vet te geven zodat deze geluidsloos schuiven. Let bij het in elkaar zetten weer goed op de juiste positie van de pedalen, Doe daarom alles ook stuk voor stuk, zodat je de stand kunt vergelijken met de andere pedalen. het makkelijkste is om het pedaal tegen het andere tandwiel aan te schuiven (van voren naar achteren, en niet van boven naar beneden). Je zult snel genoeg zien of je het fout hebt gedaan, aangezien de stand dan verandert in rust van het pedaal. De Podmeter is zelf calibrerend, dus daar kun je niks fout aan doen!

G25_PedalCleaning_6.JPG

Stap 7:

Alles weer goed in elkaar zetten, en bewonder je schone pedalenset in al zijn pracht en praal. Duidelijk eer van me werk gehad ;) Als je slim bent ga je nu even alles proberen zonder dat je de kap terug hebt gemonteerd, als het goed is werkt alles prima!

G25_PedalCleaning_7.JPG

Stap 8:

Vergeet niet het draadje weer op de juiste manier vast te zetten, en check goed of de bedrading mooi loopt voordat je de kap er definitief op drukt. Daarna alle 14 schroeven weer aanschroeven, en je kunt weer genieten van je mooi onderhouden pedalenset!

G25_PedalCleaning_8.JPG

Upvote 0
I am having issues with my gas pedal. It often reduces the power I put on it (for instance if I do full throttle it is like I push it only 50%)
I guess there is maybe dirt inside. Is it easy to clean it or is there also something else that could cause this problem?

I had also such problems and easily changed my throttle pedal to clutch and the clutch pedal to throttle with changing their positions. But sure this isn´t possible ones more if i get again problems with a other pedal :-/

Upvote 0
It seems the cleaning didn't solve the problem. At 100% throttle it works ok, but when releasing the throttle a bit to about 30% and then accelerate again I again get these spikes.
How can I switch the throttle and clutch pedals? what parts must I switch?

Upvote 0
It seems the cleaning didn't solve the problem. At 100% throttle it works ok, but when releasing the throttle a bit to about 30% and then accelerate again I again get these spikes.
How can I switch the throttle and clutch pedals? what parts must I switch?

just change the complete pedal set and swap the springs over but be very careful the wires they snap easyerly

Upvote 0
remove the wires from the potmeters (wiggle gently!) When you have done this, unscrew the pedal itself (4 black screws on the bottom) Change the positions, screw them down again. Then change the spring (unless you like the different tension) and mount it all together again.

pretty fool proof :)

Upvote 0
Hi Peter :)

Yes and Yes :) lol The CSP's are USB based as well as 'plug in' to Fanatec wheels. USB offers higher resoloution too! They are far, far superior to the Logitech pedals and IMHO are well worth it

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%