AMS2 LMDh / GT3 @ Daytona, Thursday 25th January

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Have you got any setup tips for the LMDH cars at all? Feel like I'm missing something :roflmao:
I‘ve tried all of them and the Caddi seems to have the best default, it’s pretty neutral and fast as it is. The others felt a bit understeery to me. For both races we used them I reduced the rear wing and played with the weight balance and rear spring snd ride height to keep it neutral.
Anything specific you dislike?

I‘ve tried all of them and the Caddi seems to have the best default, it’s pretty neutral and fast as it is. The others felt a bit understeery to me. For both races we used them I reduced the rear wing and played with the weight balance and rear spring snd ride height to keep it neutral.
Anything specific you dislike?
Ah ok, thank you. Probably need more confidence on the brakes for me, either lock up or go the other way and carry too much speed in.

Ah ok, thank you. Probably need more confidence on the brakes for me, either lock up or go the other way and carry too much speed in.
Yea you really have to play with the brakes with these cars, you can slam on them pretty hard after long straights first but lift a bit when downforce is reduced with speed, took me a bit to get used to. I might have put brake balance a bit more to the rear, not sure but if so only one or two clicks.

You thinking of joining us for this one Ernie? ;)
Although you could rightly suggest that I should be used to it,:unsure: I don't fancy circulating alone at the back of the field.
So, I am putting some effort into seeing if I am capable of getting some pace out of these gt3 cars,. Hence the question, i appear to be 4 seconds off the pace here, wrt time trial records.
i am hoping to get a wee bit of that back with setup, at present it is not looking very promising:(

Although you could rightly suggest that I should be used to it,:unsure: I don't fancy circulating alone at the back of the field.
Ah, it's all a bit of fun chap. Had plenty of those myself, especially when getting a bit tangled in the opening lap. We tend to have a fairly wide range of abilities turn up. Feel free to jump on during practice and see how you are faring if you are free on the evening.

Have you tried the LMDh? I play in VR and love how claustrophobic they feel. If we don't get more GT3 signups, then I'm probably going to suggest we all jump to the LMDh anyway, but since I haven't practiced either (nor am I likely to prior to the evening), it's not a big deal for me.

So, I am putting some effort into seeing if I am capable of getting some pace out of these gt3 cars,. Hence the question, i appear to be 4 seconds off the pace here, wrt time trial records.
i am hoping to get a wee bit of that back with setup, at present it is not looking very promising:(
Don't look at the time trial times too much, with your time I'm certain you will be quite competitive. And I agree with Scott, afterall it's just for fun.

Last edited:
Let's hope not, not a real Daytona without multiclass :(
I agree. I was having a similar discussion with a friend and they came up with an interesting suggestion that I thought might be a fun test at some point and that was run the humans in the LMDh and fill the GT3 with AI. I have not figured out how to do in AMS2 though.

I have finally got my new PC with enough space to reinstall AMS2, so sign me up please!

Going to have to plump for LMDH please, last Daytona I did was in the lower class so back to the faster this time.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 10 62.5%