HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

When/If we decide to do the nations cup, we'll open the thread as soon as possible, so we can get to work on the cars for the people that sign up.

I like the idea except that it relies to heavily on luck, complete sheer luck. You have no idea when the time is supposed to be, I don't really get how you're supposed to do well...

correct, but this goes further. it could be lucky that I wake up for the start, but then the race end is 3 hours away, someone just goes on, posts and wins? that is crazy arse luck
Well, it has to be something different, we all know how people reacted to the GP2 championship.

the same does apply for your game though

I don't think so, Jim. FR involves commitment as well. Some members remain active and on alert for a race start while others just check out rarely. Of course there is a big luck factor, but the concept of yours is totally about luck.

But that does not mean i'm totally against it. With some flourishing, it can turn into a nice FR alternative :)

I don't think so, Jim. FR involves commitment as well. Some members remain active and on alert for a race start while others just check out rarely. Of course there is a big luck factor, but the concept of yours is totally about luck.

But that does not mean i'm totally against it. With some flourishing, it can turn into a nice FR alternative :)
What about my game idea, WRC Manager?

What about my game idea, WRC Manager?
Explain what it is first. I have already explained a Rally style game BTW.

Here's a way to reduce the chance. I could try and write a cryptic clue that when solved, gives the time after the race start. it would have to be a hard clue, and players must not say the time in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant THIS for a TT game.

Let's say you open the race at 0.00 this night. Then in the following 2 days people post "finish" at random times. Then, you go to random.org, and search numbers between 0-48. The closest to the number selected wins (sorry if this was your idea aswell, cuz I didn't understand your idea)
Here's a way to reduce the chance. I could try and write a cryptic clue that when solved, gives the time after the race start. it would have to be a hard clue, and players must not say the time in the thread.
No. Just... no (that's my opinion, I don't like it)

Explain what it is first. I have already explained a Rally style game BTW.
Well, it's like Formula Manager Omer Said have..
But because rally series has special stages not a single series the manager have to post number for each drivers they have to achieve SS time, drivers with the perfect number will be the winner of the special stage.. The driver with the fastest time overall (from 1st SS to last) wins the rally series and receive points..
There'll be upgrades also..

And what's the name of the Rally style game you've mentioned?
Tell me if this needs improvements and fixes..

I meant THIS for a TT game.

Let's say you open the race at 0.00 this night. Then in the following 2 days people post "finish" at random times. Then, you go to random.org, and search numbers between 0-48. The closest to the number selected wins (sorry if this was your idea aswell, cuz I didn't understand your idea)
24 hours, optimum time chosen before, every 15 minutes is the time step it could be.
Well, it's like Formula Manager Omer Said have..
But because rally series has special stages not a single series the manager have to post number for each drivers they have to achieve SS time, drivers with the perfect number will be the winner of the special stage.. The driver with the fastest time overall (from 1st SS to last) wins the rally series and receive points..
There'll be upgrades also..

And what's the name of the Rally style game you've mentioned?
Tell me if this needs improvements and fixes..
So a meld of Manager and WipEout? I don't think it'll work too well TBH.

24 hours, optimum time chosen before, every 15 minutes is the time step it could be.

So a meld of Manager and WipEout? I don't think it'll work too well TBH.
Not even all forum racers finish the race in 24 hours, that's why I put 48 instead. Ofcourse optimum time (and minute) chosen before

@Omer Said
You wanted something to make it a bit better, here's an idea.

Race Department Nations Cup
After posting gogogo, there are two parts to the race. You first post Start as soon as possible, with points being awarded for grid position. The random.org-ed time then dictates the time between starting and posting Finish. So each race needs two posts from people. The race winner is the person whose time between starting and finishing is closest to the chosen time. A bonus point would be awarded to someone who got the time correct.
The time between starting and finishing will be some time between 0 and 24 hours, at 15 minute gaps. Even if someone finished before you start, you can still win the race.

Points: 20-16-13-11-9-7-5-4-3-2-1... for fastest qualifiers. The same goes for closest to the time. 3 Points to a competitor who finishes in the exact time.

Teams: You race for your nation. As many people can be in the team as possible. The drivers championship is self-explanatory, and the nations cup chooses 1 driver from each team per race. So each team only scores points from one driver in a round, and it is chosen at random at each race.

@Omer Said
You wanted something to make it a bit better, here's an idea.

Race Department Nations Cup
After posting gogogo, there are two parts to the race. You first post Start as soon as possible, with points being awarded for grid position. The random.org-ed time then dictates the time between starting and posting Finish. So each race needs two posts from people. The race winner is the person whose time between starting and finishing is closest to the chosen time. A bonus point would be awarded to someone who got the time correct.
The time between starting and finishing will be some time between 0 and 24 hours, at 15 minute gaps. Even if someone finished before you start, you can still win the race.

Points: 20-16-13-11-9-7-5-4-3-2-1... for fastest qualifiers. The same goes for closest to the time. 3 Points to a competitor who finishes in the exact time.

Teams: You race for your nation. As many people can be in the team as possible. The drivers championship is self-explanatory, and the nations cup chooses 1 driver from each team per race. So each team only scores points from one driver in a round, and it is chosen at random at each race.

It is a very nice idea. But maybe we can add several such races (namely Endurance Races) to the main FR season. It is still not much different from the main game, but as a different race type, that is really great. :)

Of course, opinions differ so let's hear it folks. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.