AMS2 GT1 @ Österreichring, Tuesday 14th November

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
It should still be there. You can adjust the hud whilst in VR and move the radar to where you can see it. Sometimes the VR hud screen is smaller than the monitor one and apps fall out of view.

Does anybody know how to enable the radar in VR? It works when using the monitor, however when the same hud layout is used the radar is missing with the VR headset.
I know some of the settings are VR / 2D specific and I thought the HUD was one of those things that could be set independently. If it looks like it's enabled when you are in VR and assigning the HUD layout, I'll take a look at my settings next time I'm on and verify that it's still working ok for me.

I just found that the monitor hud layouts are different when using VR. And changing the elements is a real pain in the x. There is a topic on the Reiza forum as well. At least I got the radar working, so I'm good for now.

Just thinking about the quirks you may not be aware of @SwannyUK...

1. you have to log off the server and rejoin if you want to swap cars. Not usually a big deal, but if you are not in the session near the end of Qualifying, you cannot join the race as a participant. There is some debate about the exact cut-off time, but if you are in the session before the timer hits 2 minutes everything tends to be fine
2. When the session moves to the race, there is a 2 minute window to get the setup ready and if you don't click 'ready' before the 2 minutes are up, you get DQd. We can 'reset' the 2 minute timer though, just let us know in discord.
3. Before you hit 'ready', double check the fuel and tyres are correct! There is a small area above the list of drivers in the center where it should show the details. Several people have been caught out with the setup changes not being applied correctly and started the race on qualifying setup.
4. We manually force the first practice session to roll over into qualifying. It's a good idea to make sure you are in the pits when this happens as it's supposed to avoid the 'flying' car bug. (touch wood we seem to have not been affected by it for quite a while). We try and give a minute warning in discord so anyone on a quick lap they want to complete can ask for more time.

There are probably other things that I'm not remembering, so if you find something a bit odd or frustrating give us a shout and we can usually help out.

Just thinking about the quirks you may not be aware of @SwannyUK...

1. you have to log off the server and rejoin if you want to swap cars. Not usually a big deal, but if you are not in the session near the end of Qualifying, you cannot join the race as a participant. There is some debate about the exact cut-off time, but if you are in the session before the timer hits 2 minutes everything tends to be fine
2. When the session moves to the race, there is a 2 minute window to get the setup ready and if you don't click 'ready' before the 2 minutes are up, you get DQd. We can 'reset' the 2 minute timer though, just let us know in discord.
3. Before you hit 'ready', double check the fuel and tyres are correct! There is a small area above the list of drivers in the center where it should show the details. Several people have been caught out with the setup changes not being applied correctly and started the race on qualifying setup.
4. We manually force the first practice session to roll over into qualifying. It's a good idea to make sure you are in the pits when this happens as it's supposed to avoid the 'flying' car bug. (touch wood we seem to have not been affected by it for quite a while). We try and give a minute warning in discord so anyone on a quick lap they want to complete can ask for more time.

There are probably other things that I'm not remembering, so if you find something a bit odd or frustrating give us a shout and we can usually help out.
Thanks for that, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Sign me up please, thanks.
Sign me up please, as i would like to participate.
Welcome both! I'll be restarting the server in a couple of hours to kick the AI off and set it up for the event, so if you suddenly find you are disconnected that'll probably be why :). Sometimes it can take a few minutes to show up in the list when it is restarted.

If you haven't raced online much in AMS2, I posted a few notes earlier about some of the quirks that can catch people out: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt1-Österreichring-tuesday-14th-november.265331/post-3722718

Thanks for hosting, awesome cars, hopefully will see them again.
Sorry for retiring in the 2nd race, i lost conzentration and had a higher ping.

GT1.jpg

Thanks for hosting Scott, really enjoyed that combo. That Merc is fantastic to drive! Really encourages you to push and the grip is something else.

Great battle with Michael in the second race, real nip and tuck until I got a mega exit out of the first chicane and nipped past.

See you on track again sometime :thumbsup:

P.S - Does AMS 2 spit out any result files that show lap times etc? I'd be interested to see my consistency

View attachment 707369
Thanks for hosting Scott, really enjoyed that combo. That Merc is fantastic to drive! Really encourages you to push and the grip is something else.

Great battle with Michael in the second race, real nip and tuck until I got a mega exit out of the first chicane and nipped past.

See you on track again sometime :thumbsup:

P.S - Does AMS 2 spit out any result files that show lap times etc? I'd be interested to see my consistency
Hope my defending was alright, realized I had no mirror visible in this car so had to rely on the radar

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 14 53.8%