Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

The coming days the guys of Codemasters Racing are displaying their three most recent racing games at The Eurogamer Expo in London giving the British audience a chance to test F1 2012, F1 Race Stars and GRID 2.

Of the latter two gameplay videos have surfaced on YouTube showing a streetrace from Chicago and a coastal race from California. Cars featuring in these videos are: Boss Mustang, Classic Mustang Mach 1, Camaro SS and the Z06 Corvette.

Find more information about this game in our dedicated GRID 2 Forum

[youtube]

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

I don't see any graphical improvement... maybe it's just me, maybe it's because the same consoles holding it back now. That would be sad.
As for handling, it was not bad in the first game, so I hope they don't make it any worse than that.

Grid was ok if you liked arcade style car thrashing, not my scene.
Doesnt look like Grid2 is going to be any different, IMO the only improvement from Grid to Grid2 is the graphics.

Cant see myself purchasing this, but I'll wait for the Demo before passing final judgement ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%