only things Id like to see better... 1) a better sense of speed in cockpit and 2) better Stadium Tracks for truck racing.

Good arcade game... at least their addressing the main issues.

TBH i purchased the full game for £21 and still i think its no more than a £14.99 game, completed fully in 3 evenings, multiplayer was dead on the 3rd weekend of its release. don't get me wrong i had some enjoyable experiences along the way but also found the difficulty all over the place, i completed the game on hard but had to drop to easy to complete an early on smash against the clock trial, yet sailed in front on the last races on hard.

They have used one of my screenshots :confused:

86za.png

This thing is such a system hog. My GTX 1080ti chokes on it at 4k.
what CPU are you running and how much Ram, only i run the same GPU on a 3770k OC to 4.4mhz with 16gb ram and get 60fps with everything set to max apart from AA which i run at 2x i think, it does drop in the stadiums a little to 50 and sometimes 45.

Ya know, in an era of racing games where everything is either super serious realism, or mario kart (we dont count NFS anymore, its beyond saving) that really left a gap in the market for arcade racing games that arent to crazy and cartoony, and take some small elements of realism, but arent sims and dont market themselves as one. Kinda reminds me of the early-mid 2000's when we had alot of racing games like this (the Flatout series, NFS when it was good, MX vs ATV/ATV offroad fury series) We need more games like gravel and wreckfest.

'Fire and Ice' DLC released alongside new Gravel Videogame update.

Milestone have been quick out of the blocks to push a sizeable new update to their latest arcade racing title Gravel, putting out a large and diverse set of fixes and improvements to the game alongside the 'Fire and Ice' expansion DLC, the first of several new pieces of content to be added to Gravel in the coming months.

Although the update will come free of charge to owners of the game, 'Fire and Ice' will retail around £7.19 on Steam, and comes with new terrain, new cars and new challenges. You can find out more about the new DLC in our preview article, HERE.

Players not only have a new DLC to enjoy, but also a substantial build update, which can be read in full below:
  • Fixed active gameplay commands enabled in Game Options from the Online Pause Menu.
  • Fixed incorrect music transition when leaving the online lobby
  • Fixed minor issues in Game mode description for Capture the Flag and King in several languages
  • Fixed duplicate wooden fences in Namibia layouts
  • Fixed UI for unlocked tracks/liveries on the Rewards page at the end of Championship events
  • Fixed an issue where the game entered an unresponsive state when exiting the Replay in specific layouts
  • Fixed minor framerate stutters in Alaska layouts
  • Fixed an issue where the outer wall did not completely block the area in Iceland online arena
  • Fixed starting camera in Replay for Stadium tracks
  • Fixed an issue where an incorrect element was displayed below the Hummer H3
  • Minor fixes in poser objects position in Namibia layouts
  • Fixed an issue where an incorrect position may be displayed at the end of Time Attack events
  • Fixed an issue where opponents may not be displayed in the minimap
  • Fixed an issue where the game may remain stuck if failing to load the vehicle in the background of the Main Menu
  • Fixed an issue where the game may display incorrect result positions and timings after online matches
  • Improved detection of high-speed manoeuvre to avoid interruption from small bumps
  • Improved post process effects in every track
  • Improved the running start position for Las Vegas in Time Attack modes
  • Improved water and raindrop particles effect on screen in rainy weather and when crossing streams
  • Improved UI for Championship Winner page in Championship events
  • Improved track loading images for online matches
  • Improved warning message for Restart in Weekly Challenges
  • Improved shadows for helicopter
  • Improved difficulty tuning for Smash Up events
  • Improved tuning for default laps in online matches
  • Improved tuning for timers during online matches
  • Changed gap time in Leaderboards to reference the first time instead of the previous position one
  • The Winner event in online matches is now displayed for a longer time
  • Vote is now automatically casted at random if timer ends in public voting for players which did not vote
  • Introduced a HUD option to remove the display of the Show Points combo counter
  • Introduced a blinking effect to vehicles after Respawn and when in a not-collidable state
  • Introduced a random balloting phase after voting in online matches
  • Improved cast distance for shadows
  • Introduced support for 21:9 resolutions
  • Introduced support for Triple Screen configurations
  • Improved UI display for 16:10 resolutions

About the Game

Gravel Fire and Ice DLC Released 3.jpg

GRAVEL: THE ULTIMATE OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCE!

Gravel is the ultimate off-road experience. The most extreme racing game that will let you try out amazing stunts in the wildest places on the planet!

Pure fun, spectacular scenery and no-holds barred competition where each race will turn into a memorable battle!

Take part in the wildest show on the Gravel Channel web TV, travel around the world to discover the wide variety of environments and be amazed by the visually impressive quality!

Enjoy four different disciplines – Cross Country, Wild Rush, Stadium and Speed cross – to live the driving experience with the most extreme vehicles on any type of terrain.

A COMPLETE OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCE
Take a tour around the world to discover the range of extreme and wild environments that will offer you a fully off-road experience.

There are four disciplines where you can compete with the most powerful cars.

• Cross Country: Huge areas with different layouts, perfect for competing in checkpoint races in the most evocative landscapes. Run through a waterfall with the aurora borealis as backdrop or try the right grip in the largest deserts in the world.
  • Wild Rush: The wildest locations where you can compete in lap races. Unique environments with natural obstacles that will force you to race your way through the slopes of a mountain, on paradise islands, and through masses of debris and quarry rocks.
  • Speed Cross: Races set in the most beautiful tracks in the world. Real-world tracks, from Europe to America, where you can show your skills in incredible jumps and chicanes.
  • Stadium: Real and fictional arenas, full of jumps and spectacular layouts!

FUN AND REWARDING
Fun and excitement are the main rules!
Gravel is adrenaline, pure fun, spectacle.
The game's physics is accessible and immediate and allows you to express all your driving skills and boldness during each competition.
Hair-raising bends, tussles, extreme jumps and treacherous terrain for an always different and increasingly dangerous gameplay experience.
There are many offline and online game modes that let you compete against human opponents!

ON AIR ON GRAVEL CHANNEL
Meet the off-road Masters and find your way on the wildest show on TV at Gravel Channel!
Six episodes broadcast from the most extreme and wildest corners of the planet to win the title of World Champion.

The Masters of the several disciplines in the game will challenge you in head-to-head races to determine who really is the best. And when the championship is over, the challenge is still not complete: take part in the final race to become an Off-Road Master. Only after beating the current titleholder you can step on the podium and raise the cup to the sky!

Gravel is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Want to share in the community fun? Check out the Gravel Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action for yourself!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC? What do you think of it? Enjoying the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward for this one on Summer sale. Or Winter sale if the price don't drop much in the next two months and something.

I hope the updates improve the framerate, the slowdown is visible (looks sub 15fps to me) in the stadium sections and especially at night with those over bright red signs on Xbox One X. Who knows how it looks on the original X1 and PS4!

CD keys has it for £17.99 and on console in the UK it has nosedived to £25. I picked it up for £20 on X1 a deal and it is worth that if you want a Sega Rally style arcade speed rush. The long cross country stages are the best feature. If you've got younger kids they'll love it, it has great accessibility and pick up and play assists and controls. The AI skill also scales well to challenge beginner and experts, there are some unexplained difficulty spikes in the time trial events and you probably will need to adjust the AI level there.

On the other hand the stadium sections are painful because of the framerate slowdown. With the assists off some cars handle well but others are just plain weird, I can see they did it to give the cars different feel and it's fine but takes some getting used to.

The main game is worth a try at the much more realistic prices but I think it's still a case of wait for sale on the DLC, I'd want to see the framerate significantly improved first.

• Deleted member 197115

The expansion is awesome, if this is what UE4 is capable of, I just cannot imagine what will come out from Kunos with ACC, considering their passion and attention to details.

Milestone's best game so far
(btw Seb Rally Revo has the most accurate rally stages ever in a production game)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Kunos best game so far
(btw Seb Rally Revo has the most accurate rally stages ever in a production game)
Not sure what you mean, Gravel is not from Kunos, don't insult these guys. LOL :laugh:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.