I requested support for Accuforce on Milsestones support pages and this morning they just replied:-

MilestoneCS5

Today 11:03 AM
Hello, the Accuforce wheel unfortunately isn't supported by our game.
Here is the full list of supported hardware: http://gravelvideogame.com/2018/02/27/supported-peripherals-list/

A bit of a rubbish reply really, I was rather expecting them to say 'we will add it in the future' or 'we will look at if and how we can add support'. A blatant 'It's not supported' seems very short sighted in these times.

Gravel Updated.jpg

The latest Milestone arcade racing title 'Gravel' has been updated!

Having released across multiple platforms late February, Milestone have continued to iron out any early bugs encountered by a gaming community who appear to have received this new arcade racer reasonably warmly, and the fruits of those labours are evident today with a new update released to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Focussing mainly on minor bug fixes and improvements, the update changelog can be seen in full below:

Update Changelog:
  • Fixed minor issues in Gate Destruction events in Iron Mine tracks
  • Fixed Replay issues in TV Camera for tracks featuring crossroads
  • Improved and fixed minor issues with Replay commands
  • Improved UI display in post-race screens for unlocked tracks, vehicles and liveries
  • Improved localization for game mode descriptions in Capture the Flag and King Run modes
  • Improved AI behaviour
  • Improved grip values for Trophy Trucks and Extreme Racing Cars D RWD vehicles
  • Fixed an issue where the game remained stuck after using the Ryan Carter's livery
  • Fixed an issue where glitches were displayed in the sky under specific circumstances (PS4 only)
Gravel is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Gravel Updated 2.jpg

Want to share in the community fun? Check out the Gravel Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action for yourself!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Pleased with the latest update? Happy with Gravel so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The game is fun, good graphics...But the physics are so bad, you can barely play it with a wheel, i mean, is fun and everything but is too arcade for me.

Also the controller (believe or not) is better than the wheel.

Wow a console patch released 5 days after launch?! How can this be so? According to Kunos it takes weeks to get a console patch approved and when the patch doesn't work it's always Microsoft or Sony's fault. Looks like Milestone have found the same magical patch method as every other console game company other than Kunos.

No mention of any framerate improvement? The framerate is so poor in traffic and on the stadium tracks in particular that the cars handling is significantly impacted. Console wheels work but there is no ability to adjust any settings. It's definitely a controller game, works well with the gamepad. It also looks good but I wonder how much of that is at the expense of gameplay.

As for the overall game, £50 on console it is daylight robbery (£30 on Steam and widely available for £20 elsewhere on PC). This is a short light arcade game and £30 on console would have been the right price on console too.

It's worth picking up for £15 in a sale but I couldn't recommend it beyond that. Forza Horizon 3 in glorious 4K (and now the remastered Forza Horizon in 4K) are far, far better arcade racing games.

It's a fun game. Haven't tried it with my G29 but the Xbox One controller works well. Physics are serviceable rather than spectacular. But the tracks are surprisingly technical. The racing surface is super wide but the optimal line is often a zig-zag through elevation changes, opposite camber, and environmental hazards. I've enjoyed the short bit I've played. Gravel is worse than Forza Horizon, so play Horizon first. But Gravel ain't bad.

• Deleted member 197115

FH3 really set standard way too high for any other arcade racing games to match.

FH3 really set standard way too high for any other arcade racing games to match.
Hell yeah it did. Same as Forza Motorsport did to simcade. We're probably never going to get an arcade racer on the same level as the first party console developers. And it's going to suck being a 3rd party (or god forbid indie) developer because you're never going to have the resources to compete with the 1st parties.

• Deleted member 197115

cdkeys have discount on this btw. It's not THAT bad, but I was expecting more from UE4 with everything on ULTRA on 1080Ti.
As advised before, unless you are bored to death with FH3, getting this makes no sense.

Only thing that ruined this game for me it's something that pretty much ANY modern arcade racer has...

This artificial drifting thing...

whenever you get into a certain angle or speed at corner, the car kicks into this automatic sliding that's completely unnecessary, I play in the highest difficulty, and this makes me lose a lot of time sliding through corners where I could just simply go without kicking the back end out.

I played the demo and... Well, the game is fun and all, it has good cars and classic liveries but... What happened to the hands of the driver? Honestly, what's that? I looks like, I don't know, dead or something... It completely ruined the experience for me.

Forza Horizon 3 in glorious 4K (and now the remastered Forza Horizon in 4K) are far, far better arcade racing games.
Maybe, IF you can get Forza Horizon to even run, I've tried everything to get it to run, but it just force closes right after the initial splash screen, which is weird because Forza 6 Apex and Forza 7 ran just fine.
As for Gravel , I wasn't very impressed with the gfx or handling, but hey ho, it's very obviously a console orientated game, a 'pick up and play' controller game, but at least it ran ok without issues.

Maybe, IF you can get Forza Horizon to even run, I've tried everything to get it to run, but it just force closes right after the initial splash screen, which is weird because Forza 6 Apex and Forza 7 ran just fine.

Strange one, FH3 did have a lot of issues on PC at launch but I've not had any for a long time now, even when loading in the cross play game save from Xbox One.

The only thing I can suggest is changing the in game screen resolution and make sure it matches your desktop resolution - that was a launch issue way back but I thought they had solved that.

It's worth persevering to get FH3 running because in yiu like Gravel you'll probably love FH3.

Picked up Gravel last night and so far it's fun, nice change of pace for me and runs at a solid 60fps on ultra. Was looking for a fun arcade racer to play with the pad and it's certainly fun! As in any arcade racer you have to figure out the handling to get the best out of the cars but then I guess this is true of any arcade or sim for that matter!

Gravel Videogame 1.jpg Gravel Videogame 2.jpg Gravel Videogame 3.jpg Gravel Videogame 4.jpg Gravel Videogame 5.jpg Gravel Videogame 6.jpg
Milestone Games have confirmed the brand new 'Ice and Fire' DLC will be coming to Gravel next week - adding plenty of fresh content...

Set fair to contain no less than ten new tracks from the visually spectacular Icelandic open world environment, the upcoming 'Ice and Fire' DLC is Milestone Games latest move to increase the size and scope of their latest arcade off road racing title.

Set to release early next week on March 28th, the upcoming DLC will contain a new multiplayer arena around three different setting, from the coast to the mountains and into the valley. All locations are set in icy snow conditions and in and around some spectacular scenery and obstacles.

The new DLC will be included in the game at no additional cost for Season Pass owners, or alternatively should retain for just under $10.00 depending on platform and location.

Gravel is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Want to share in the community fun? Check out the Gravel Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action for yourself!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoying Gravel so far? Looking forward to the 'Ice and Fire' DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea