Every Nurburgring Nordschleife on PC compared

amazing job! just goes to show how much creative licence is still involved in recreating a track, even in the day and age of laserscanning or drone scanning.
i distinctly remember that mod for race07 or raceon, we were ecstatic here at RD because for the first time there was something that got very very close to the real thing. i will never forget how the chap who built the track left in a huff when he was soundly beaten on (his) track by some of the fastest guys here, said it wasn't possible since he had built it! the fast guys had to have been cheating. caused quite an uproar. the track was brilliant, though. when the laserscanned versions came out, the biggest difference i noticed has always been the camber, which makes sense.

Yes fantastic effort. Your work has created a record forever of this one aspect of gaming has developed. Nice one.:thumbsup:

So... I am impressed at how close Forza is, as I don't recall it being scanned. Wonder how the Forza 5 track measures.
You also went on PRC and said the companies all use the same scans... which is possible, but I kind of doubt. Realistically, any laser/3d scan of the same object will pretty much always give you the same result. One thing certainly missing in Forza is the seam down the middle of the road where repair work or whatnot was done, which is very evident in iRacing, then AC, and R3E seems to just be a texture.
And hey, next time I see someone talking about how much better X games track is, I now know where to send them, even if the GP Legends is a bit redundant.

So... I am impressed at how close Forza is, as I don't recall it being scanned. Wonder how the Forza 5 track measures.
You also went on PRC and said the companies all use the same scans... which is possible, but I kind of doubt. Realistically, any laser/3d scan of the same object will pretty much always give you the same result. One thing certainly missing in Forza is the seam down the middle of the road where repair work or whatnot was done, which is very evident in iRacing, then AC, and R3E seems to just be a texture.
And hey, next time I see someone talking about how much better X games track is, I now know where to send them, even if the GP Legends is a bit redundant.
I don't know the details, but I'm pretty sure Nords' management scanned the track themselves, and provides the cloud data to those with the license.

That said, as long as scanner quality is high, and the scan itself is competently executed, wouldn't they all end up about the same anyway?

11. Comparing the Karussell:

Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 - ignore this one!
gYree8k.jpg

Grand Prix Legends - a basic representation!
oG5l0HX.jpg

GTR Evolution - despite the age of this version, this is one of only a few games to have the drainage grill just before the Karussell, which is there in real-life (although you can't see it in the real life shot below).
rgw9qYA.jpg

Need For Speed: Shift - very close to GTR Evolution. No drain though!
XIe6B7H.jpg

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - same as Need For Speed: Shift, but feels a bit more detailed, texture-wise.
RJ4esWA.jpg

Shift 2 Unleashed - a refined version of Need For Speed: Shift, one of the few places where the modelling still looks very close to the previous game.
ji5MARy.jpg

Project CARS - surprisingly not that much better than the Need For Speed titles.
tGRqZPk.jpg

Ride 2 - absolutely wrong. Like so much of the track in this game!
Z1w86vk.jpg

Assetto Corsa - the drainage cover returns! Notice the grass growing through the matting on the left.
o9oSA7K.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience - so close to Assetto Corsa! Even an almost identical drain!
kkkdkkG.jpg
How long would it take just to model that drain? That detail you would never see while driving

Great compare kudos

No rFactor2 yet ;)

First laps Nords rF2

No practice. default setup . still new controllers not setup 100% ( too hot too crook )
I guessed FFB settings think I lost all the ones I profiled from threads with firmware update
Even so my first laps, F3 Eve race ( 24 community skins ) there was nothing short of fantastic immersion, even on a flat screen p
Terrain is to kill for, 5 laps went that quick
Baby race car 100hp I was knackered :coffee:

Great compare kudos

No rFactor2 yet ;)

First laps Nords rF2

No practice. default setup . still new controllers not setup 100% ( too hot too crook )
I guessed FFB settings think I lost all the ones I profiled from threads with firmware update
Even so my first laps, F3 Eve race ( 24 community skins ) there was nothing short of fantastic immersion, even on a flat screen p
Terrain is to kill for, 5 laps went that quick
Baby race car 100hp I was knackered :coffee:

There are more games with the track now, I suspect Ride 3 has it, as well as rFactor 2. I've moved onto videos now though: https://youtube.com/virtuaiceman

I don't know if they already warned you ...
in GTR2 they made a totally handmade mod of Nordschleife (10,000hs of work), it's old.
It has the verifications:
only nordschleife (full only nordsch)
nordsch + GP full combined
shortened nordsch (without harpins)
nordsch with "shortcuts" through the forest

today I was driving with a sauber C9 (GROUP C), I still don't get away from the astonishment (my time was 6: 38 ... terrible). I tried to imitate the challenge of gt sport of Lewis Hamilton (5:40) ... but I don't even get close.

I've just discovered this thread. Tremendous work, thank you!

I wish newer samples of Nordschleife could be included too at some point, like ones from rFactor 2, RIDE 4/5, Forza Motorsport, ACC (just around the corner), and Gran Turismo 7 - though the latter is not on PC (yet?).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back