Dynamic Music Player

Apps Dynamic Music Player 2.0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damgam updated Dynamic Music Player with a new update entry:

1.3.0 - Even less repetition!

- App now tracks how many times each of the music tracks was played, storing them by filenames. When picking the next song, it's comparing the playbacks amount between that one, and the one after it. If the one after it was played less, the track is skipped for the next one... HOWEVER if the one AFTER that has even less playbacks, it will choose that one... That goes up to 10 songs, so practically, this achieves 2 things. 1st, when you add new tracks to your playlists, they will be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Damgam, really enjoying your app so far, makes assetto feel a lot more like a game!

Quick question though, is it possible to have it so that when I load into the game "Enable Music" is off, and to turn it on I simply press the on/off keybind?

Currently "Enable Music" is always on when you load into the game.

I was hoping it would be something simple I could change in the initiation part of the code. I'm not too familiar with coding though so I'd really appreciate your help with this.

Last edited:
Hi Damgam, really enjoying your app so far, makes assetto feel a lot more like a game!

Quick question though, is it possible to have it so that when I load into the game "Enable Music" is off, and to turn it on I simply press the on/off keybind?

Currently "Enable Music" is always on when you load into the game.

I was hoping it would be something simple I could change in the initiation part of the code. I'm not too familiar with coding though so I'd really appreciate your help with this.
It doesn't save the Enable toggle?

Smh missed it then, sounds like a bug, i'll fix that for next version :)

Try toggling that 1 to 0 for the behaviour you want. If that doesn't work, Ctrl F for Enable Music and reverse an `if` statement that uses it.
1708684669521.png

EDIT: I see what the problem is. This option is setting it to 1, not a boolean True/False.
Meanwhile everywhere in the code it's refering to it as True/False. Easy fix, will fix for next update as i said.

Last edited:

A little update on the upcoming updates to the mod.

There are a few things i'm working on for the mod, to maybe finally call it working as i really want it to function.

First of all, I have completely reworked how the volume effects work.
In current version, There are a few effects, and whichever dictates the lowest volume, is the one respected.
The updated volume effects will instead stack up. That means:
Being close to opponents at low speed, will drop the volume more than being close to oppoents at high speed.
Warning flag volume change...

nvm, i found the problem, the versions newer then 1.2.0 dont have any code attached to it on download, data and settings.lua are completely empty

Last edited:
is there a install tutorial somewhere or something like that?? im using csp 1.79, and its just not working
Step 1.
Update your CSP to at least 0.2.1
Then it should work if you followed the install instructions.
I am also not sure if installing via content manager works properly with this app so i'd suggest installing manually by dropping the files into the folder mentioned in the description.

Step 1.
Update your CSP to at least 0.2.1
Then it should work if you followed the install instructions.
I am also not sure if installing via content manager works properly with this app so i'd suggest installing manually by dropping the files into the folder mentioned in the description.
oh mb i read the csp version wrong, my bad, im so ashamed, i thought 0.2.1 is older then 0.1.79 because i read it wrong XD now it works right, cheers mate.

2.0 - CHANGES, CHANGES, LOTS OF CHANGES!!!

A LOT OF THINGS HAVE CHANGED. FRESH INSTALL IS VERY RECOMMENDED.

- Complete rework of volume effects. Now instead of each effect fighting for which gets the lowest volume, they stack up. This means that for example, driving slow near opponents, will give you lower music volume than driving fast near opponents,
- Intensity level has been removed, to simplify the process of including music to the mod,
- LowIntensity and HighIntensity playlists are now replaced with a new, Race playlist,

Hi :D first of all thanks for your amazing work, but with the current version 2.x the volume of the music is always 0. in debug it also says "current volume 0" but the target volumes show values like they always did. going back to 1.3 fixes the issue. (yes, a clean install was performed and yes, the music actually shows its playing)

Last edited:
Hi :D first of all thanks for your amazing work, but with the current version 2.x the volume of the music is always 0. in debug it also says "current volume 0" but the target volumes show values like they always did. going back to 1.3 fixes the issue. (yes, a clean install was performed and yes, the music actually shows its playing)
Ok this is concerning, you're the 2nd person reporting this, but it works just fine for me... i need to hunt down why.

EDIT: Found out why. calculation for fades speed relative to your AC master volume was messed up... i don't know how did i mess it up, that's an old change that i've done like a month ago, don't even remember why i made it. Pushing an update in a minute.

Last edited:
Thx so much. Wanna give this a shot now but(t): How to use!? How to install!? Is there a manual for this!? Thx for enlightening me.;-)
Yea i need to write better description and installation help.
In the mod description you have folder path for where to install it and how to add music to it.
As mentioned, the mod doesn't come with any music preinstalled. You need to add your own. There are multiple folders for different situations, and an Other folder which serves as a fallback for every other folder if it's empty.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.