Dynamic Music Player

Apps Dynamic Music Player 2.0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damgam submitted a new resource:

Dynamic Music Player - Music Player that reacts to what's happening on the track, controlling music playlists and volume.

Dynamic Music Player for Assetto Corsa!
REQUIRES CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH 0.2.0!
Older versions may work but i don't guarantee it.

Music Player that reacts to what's happening on the track, controlling music playlists and volume.

MUSIC IS NOT INCLUDED WITH THE APP, FILL IT WITH YOUR OWN FILES. MP3 AND OGG CONFIRMED TO WORK, WHATEVER ELSE IS SUPPORTED BY CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH WILL...

Read more about this resource...

Before downloading, is this a stand-alone app, or do I need additional software like Crew Chief or Simhub?
What I still do miss is an app that’s adds an circuit announcer (speaker) voice. Not only in English, but also in Italian and French. Could I use this app for adding a speaker voices?

Last edited:
Before downloading, is this a stand-alone app, or do I need additional software like Crew Chief or Simhub?
What I still do miss is an app that’s adds an circuit announcer (speaker) voice. Not only in English, but also in Italian and French. Could I use this app for adding a speaker voices?
It's entirely standalone ingame Lua app. That's why CSP is required, as Vanilla AC has no support for Lua Apps. It doesn't need any additional software, all it uses is API that CSP is providing. It shouldn't conflict with anything. Just make sure Lua apps are enabled in Custom Shaders Patch settings, they should be enabled by default i believe... Not sure if they can even be disabled :D

Last edited:
Could you make it so pause menu instantly pauses the music?

Also, with both fade sliders set to max, on replays tracks are skipping automatically, is this normal?

So far loving it!

For the pause, for performance reasons the checks for game state only runs every 60 frames, so it wouldn't be instant and might sound a bit meh. I can make it fade to/from pause faster tho.
Not sure about pausing the music entirely, but API calls for pause and resume are there.

About replays, sounds like a bug, i'll take a look into it. I did not test replays too much recently.

Edit: I guess i can make small check for paused game every frame and do it there. That shouldn't be too performance expensive.

Edit2: Seems like Lua call for checking if track is paused is broken and reports as non-existing... oh well. No music pause then because spamming the "Pause" and "Play" commands is bugging out the playback. I'm gonna keep the code for this option commented out tho so maybe in the future it will become a feature.

Last edited:
Damgam updated Dynamic Music Player with a new update entry:

The Shuffled Crash

- Added new volume fadeout event - crashing. Volume drops when you hit something, be it another car or a wall, and severity of the crash defines how badly the volume is gonna drop. Took a few bits of code from Tunnel Vision filter from CSP to calculate severity of the hit,
- Turned track picking from random to shuffled sequential to deal with repetition for good without hacky solutions,
- App no longer crashes when you drop only one track into the folder. You still need to have at least one...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like there to be a mod that plays music in the content manager menu and turns off when starting a race, I wish I had the knowledge to create something like that
I have not looked into modding content manager, if that's even possible. But i guess that could be a not-so-hard to implement base feature as well, similar to how you can mod background images. I'll ask x4fab about it.

Damgam updated Dynamic Music Player with a new update entry:

Big update of the logic, have no idea for a name.

- Waiting/Idle music is now kicked in as soon as you're in pit stop area, even if you are moving,
- Waiting/Idle music now always plays at maximum volume,
- Intensity Level now has 2 new variables that affect it. Average Speed and Top Speed. This makes it so fast races will play high intensity music much earlier than slow races. Slow race might never get into High Intensity if you're not close to the top of the pack. Average Speed scales between 100 and 250 km/h, and Top Speed scales between...

Read the rest of this update entry...

QUESTION :Is there any chance to link folders to "my music" folders instead of copy the music files to the app folders?

YOUR ANSWER: I'd have to check if AC has access to your whole filesystem. If it does, sure, i can add such functionality with some file that you can fill with paths to folders. But if it does not, symlinks might help.

Open CMD as admin
mklink /d "pathtowhereyouwantsymlinktobe" "pathtofolderwhereyouwantsymlinktolead"

so for example

mklink /d "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\lua\DynamicMusicPlayer\Music\Qualifying" "C:\Users\WINDOWS\Music\SomeFolderWhereMusicIs"

MY ANSWER: Your advice works perfect. You have to delete first the folder "Qualifying" (in your example), and then do "mklink". Thank you very much!!!

Aye i forgot about that. Just make sure it's not empty. I will probably make it so empty folders will be properly handled in one of the next updates.
Symlinks are also amazing when you want to move some folder out of one drive to another. I use it a lot to move appdata and documents crap out of my small system SSD to another one. And once you memorise the command it's very easy to use too.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes