ARCA Sim Racing

*** DO NOT INSTALL INTO YOUR NORMAL RACE BUILD IF YOU WANT TO RACE PUBLIC UNPATCHED SERVERS. YOU WILL GET MISMATCHES. ***

We are Pre-Releasing the Gateway Track as well as a bonus track that we have had great enjoyment on in testing which is Toban from rFactor. Toban does contain custom physics from TSF as well as multigrooved surface and livetrack.

This is an "install at your own risk" patch meaning no support is provided but the read me provides proper installation instructions. If you have support questions place them in the forums here and we are certain you will receive the community support needed to get it running.

INSTALLING::

Game Owners: Just extract the contents of the .zip file into your game install gamedata folder. A few files may prompt to overwrite, accept them and you should be good to go.

Patch Link: http://www.thesimfactory.com/Patches/Patch_06-2011.zip

** Please be patient with the downloads, we are throttling and balancing to help everyone have ability to download steadily and successfully **

Readme::
====================================================================================================================================
ASR -8 Update 1.06 ((June 2011))

Track Added:

1. Gateway International Speedway. Default configuration is set to run at night. Up to 41 cars can participate. AI will work in limited use for some testing purposes. When exiting the garage area, if you are on the backside or to the right of the exit area to pit road, you must circle to the right and drive around to get onto the racing surface.

2. Toban Raceway (Short & Long versions). This track is originally from RFactor, and was used to build base physics for ASR Road course development. The Long circuit can accommodate up to 32 entrants using doubled stalls for pitting, and the short circuit will accommodate 20 entrants. AI is not supported.

MISC Updates:

1. Fixed a minor issue with scuff tires (LR) at Chicagoland where temperatures were not correct at pitstop.
2. Adjusted the pace speed for Montreal circuit to help with ability to pace easier.

Hi ovalists,

Received a pm from Andy Loffler the other day with the question what the future of ARCA was within RD. To be honest in the staff we don't have anybody at the moment to setup events for ARCA.

ARCA really struggled the last two years to get a full field of drivers. Big shame as the game is still big fun to race with a full field of drivers.

In all honesty we don't really know how to proceed with ARCA at RD and we need your help.

1) Are you still interested in racing this sim?
2) Are you willing to help your fellow oval fans out?

Let us know :)

1) Are you still interested in racing this sim?

Yes, i´m

2) Are you willing to help your fellow oval fans out?

Yes, i´m

I would really love to have races here again on RD. But for sure it´s necessary to have steady field of drivers. It makes no sin to run events of 4-5 drivers over a longer time. So i hope some remember or find out this great racing like i did myself some month ago. To me it´s ever more interesting with a little series of races like a league then single events. Maybe that would bring the one or other back. And sure, in the window i can i´m willing to help to let it running.
It´s in my own interest cause the races gives me still the most thrill - it´s close, unpredictable and exciting :D. Would be sad to miss this here at RD.l

I quite like oval racing, and if there was to be some sort of regular setup i would definetly be in. iracing however i wont touch, it just costs too much money to keep up if you want to race, and compared to something like rfactor where content is free (even if it is less accurate) id prefer that.

however, i think that the problem with Arca is that not many people actually have the game and play with it on a regular basis. a fair few of the people who have the game would not have it even installed currently on their computers. its dissapointing, as it is a good game. though, if there was interest in an rfactor based oval racing league, i reckon that due to the more widespread nature of rfactor full grids could be achieved. rfactor would have its own drawbacks, but i could see potential in regular full grids if this was to happen.

R.I.P. Arca

In case you have iRacing, we are also running Ovals in iRacing every Monday night and sometimes also on Tuesdays.See here http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing/57794-mid-week-club-events.html If you are not interested in iR, a solution about organizing Arca events should be found to keep it existing here.
That would really the onliest thing why i´m interest in iracing. But it´s not in the basic content so i would have to pay every month, buy the car (probably more then one car) and all the tracks. Could be sure about 200$ the next year. I´m not ready to aid this kind of simracing. It seems R.I.P. ARCA here at RD :frown:. Here are just to less drivers and that after a few month this was talking

http://www.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/50279-new-season-please-let-us-know-your-thoughts.html

Here are a few pics of the track in-progress:

261375_10150284778080021_64246450020_9373633_2165010_n.jpg

268280_10150298742820021_64246450020_9459638_4119346_n.jpg

268644_10150298742920021_64246450020_9459639_5005388_n.jpg

264826_10150298742965021_64246450020_9459640_1785107_n.jpg

261570_10150298743075021_64246450020_9459641_4588370_n.jpg

269406_10150298743130021_64246450020_9459642_1859700_n.jpg

Get Arca Sim Racing here: http://www.thesimfactory.com/ASR_L1.zip

Please, I want to buy ARCA (U$ 49) but I have some questions, if some of you help me I will appreciate.
- Is there a offline mod?? With AI racing??
- Are a lot of servers to play online???
- is a worth game???

Thank you!!!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 164 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 31 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 68 36.2%