AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods]

Misc AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods] v8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think it may have been deleted, as the discussion is there, locked for further replies and with the resource not available anymore. It's a pity and who knows what may have happened to that and why the author deleted that.
Probably a combination of it being allegedly more difficult to mod this year's game, the pressure to get the mod out super early compared to past years, and how borked the AI is making it more difficult to do an AI mod that didn't bork it even further. Poor guy probably got overwhelmed, took his ball and went home. Can't say I blame him. I hope there's another hero in this community who can read the numbers and create a compelling AI mod without the previous one's persistent brake lock issues.

The AI mod had its flaws already last year, especially in racing lines - which he extended on the x scale by 0.1. Sometimes you can't just take the changes and parameters from the previous game into the next one. Especially with racing lines, braking points etc. you'd be "faster" doing it from scratch but that means a massive amount of time again to test it.
Better taking it off, than letting people run an experimental version, where they think, it is take and run - while it would be not most compatible.

About tyre wear in 35%, I think that 1.5 as upgrade wear factor in the files might be a tad bit too high, as in some circuits there are cars that pit on the last lap to a soft because they have too much tyre wear. I also finished my race in Jeddah miracolously with hard tyres at more than 90% wear.

AI pitting last lap when increasing tyre wear was also an issue that I encountered last year when playing and toggling with a similar mod.

I think I am going to test a 1.25 tyre wear to increase it compared to vanilla game and I will let you know.

Probably a combination of it being allegedly more difficult to mod this year's game, the pressure to get the mod out super early compared to past years, and how borked the AI is making it more difficult to do an AI mod that didn't bork it even further. Poor guy probably got overwhelmed, took his ball and went home. Can't say I blame him. I hope there's another hero in this community who can read the numbers and create a compelling AI mod without the previous one's persistent brake lock issues.
I did the "bold" AI mod starting from Kolarr's one last year but I don't think I can pull off a mod that suits the community. About the AI locking up too often I think there's not much that could be done, only changing the commands in the file to "both", "pressure", "disabled" and "default" meaning the instances in which the AI can spin or have some canned wheel lockups.

It's an experimental mod that I like and that I will toggle myself to simulate sort of an AI human behavior in leagues, prone to mistakes and merging that to an additional damage mod can trigger yellow and red flags to make races more unpredictable, I think that if this is the spirit that mod works fine, otherwise aiming for the perfect AI might lead to disappointment

I did the "bold" AI mod starting from Kolarr's one last year but I don't think I can pull off a mod that suits the community. About the AI locking up too often I think there's not much that could be done, only changing the commands in the file to "both", "pressure", "disabled" and "default" meaning the instances in which the AI can spin or have some canned wheel lockups.

It's an experimental mod that I like and that I will toggle myself to simulate sort of an AI human behavior in leagues, prone to mistakes and merging that to an additional damage mod can trigger yellow and red flags to make races more unpredictable, I think that if this is the spirit that mod works fine, otherwise aiming for the perfect AI might lead to disappointment
Yea it's too bad because his mod definitely made the racing better. I suppose it set out to do two things: make the AI fight you for positions and give them humanlike error proneness. It excelled at the first part, but it was just a little too extreme on the second part. I arrogantly opened the AI file in the ERP and saw the coding involved, closed ERP, curled up into a ball and cried myself to sleep. You modders are doing a righteous job trying to bring this game up to snuff.

Does this mod also increase the amount of AI lockups?
In every race i do the AI has multiple lock ups up to a point where its just no fun anymore, 8/10 battles end in a crash cause the AI locks up (And their stupidity with returning to the racing line doesn't help either, but i think thats just how the AI works).
Also this is the only mistake they make, they barely spin or something like that.

Does this mod also increase the amount of AI lockups?
In every race i do the AI has multiple lock ups up to a point where its just no fun anymore, 8/10 battles end in a crash cause the AI locks up (And their stupidity with returning to the racing line doesn't help either, but i think thats just how the AI works).
Also this is the only mistake they make, they barely spin or something like that.
That sounds awfully like the "More AI Mistakes" mod that was deleted last week. This one doesn't really cause the AI to lock up much.

That sounds awfully like the "More AI Mistakes" mod that was deleted last week. This one doesn't really cause the AI to lock up much.
Hmm yea i do have that installed too, but i thought all that mod did was make the racing between you and the AI closer?
Unless i didn't read carefully enough (which wouldn't be the first time for me:whistling:)

Im gonna uninstall all Mods and will try without that one then

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 86 58.1%