2012 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tires... Massa had a hard time changing his driving style for the smaller front tires.
Pirelli´s just added to it, Webber also had problems in the first Pirelli year etc.

Make no mistake, Massa is a quick driver, one of the quickest over a lap but he´s had a lot of problems, when the car feels like utter crap you will spin every now and then or be way off pace.

Right now they seem to have solved a setup that works for him and they seem to have figured out the tires, a sign of that is when both driver´s in the team is almost equal in pace.

Car is definitely the second best car on the grid, Alonso does great things but he too needs a car behind him to take poles or similar.

And that's what makes the difference between good drivers and the best. Look the old Renault era, Alonso's driving style was so different. But he changed it when moving to Bridgestones in 2007, and probably now again to maximize the Pirelli's.

I can even think of a precedent for the Button/Vettel situation. Last year at Melbourne, Massa pushed Button off the track who then overtook him in the run-off area. Button got a penalty. So the "Button didn't leave space" argument really doesn't count.

So i guess the FIA is the new RB assistance. Its very very arguable the move of Vettel, on a runoff area. things happen lets see how things go.

lets not give up tho, Hungary tends to be a good hunting ground for lewis, but RB has a faster car for it likely.

I just realized something. Last year at Suzuka there was one peace of sidepod on the track and they pulled out the SC. Today there was massive amount of particles at the first corner where Hamilton got his puncture but no SC. Strange...

Very cool and dominant race by Alonso. Not because of raw pace, but because he made not a single mistake in 67 laps with Vettel and/or Button behind him within 1-2 seconds.

Let's see what happens with Vettel's overtake and RB's engine maps.

All they should do with Vettel is give a 5 second penalty. The only driver effected from the overtake was Button so no need to push Vettel behind Raikkonen and Kobayashi.
That would be the best thing yeah, but I'm quite sure that is not possible. If he does it in mid race and doesn't let Button repass he'll get a drive through. Drive through after the race would automatically mean +20s added to his race time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 399 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 268 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 159 27.7%
Back