2012 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Red Bull didn't have the top speed is not because they don't have the top end speed. It's because Red Bull chose to have a short 7th gear.
It´s not just 7th. it´s the whole gearbox that´s "short"

They go for acceleration as fast as possible up to their top speed then sit there.
So even though the Ferrari has 10 extra km/h it might not be quicker down the straight because it was out-accelerated from the start up to the RBR´s top speed.

I just wanted to add that Vettel had the penalty coming. If you isolate the incident you might be able to say it was a racing incident (even still I think it's a penalty) but when you look at the whole race vettel was off the track everywhere.

I thought I was watching footage of an f1 2011 multiplayer race, as it seemed like every corner for a few laps vettel was wide off the track and still keeping up.

RBR is like an American muscle car. Quick on the quarter mile, but only a top speed of 200kmh.
Hate to burst your bubble, but most american muscle cars can reach anywhere from 180-200mph maybe a bit more. The point of a muscle car is too big an engine for a small car.

During the race I did notice Vettel maxed out at 305kmh in the DRS zone while most others were hitting 315-320.

yes of course they can reach like 300kmh with such enormous horsepower. But afaik the stock gearboxes weren't up to that. At least in Forza most of them hit the rev limiters at 200-230kmh.

If Vettel had done a pit stop like Button did (2,4 seconds) he would have been this much ahead instead of being overtaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back