2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've to admit that I've not been practicing much for this final event due to other compromises...

In public server racing at this track (about two times) what I remember most is that the track isn't that hard on the tires like others in the STCC and the chicane before the drag straight where many people cut big time. The first point is useful information for this race; the second is mute point here at RD.

So we will see, I promise to practice allot in race day itself so I don’t become a liability to anyone
:wink2:

I've to admit that I've not been practicing much for this final event due to other compromises...

In public server racing at this track (about two times) what I remember most is that the track isn't that hard on the tires like others in the STCC and the chicane before the drag straight where many people cut big time. The first point is useful information for this race; the second is mute point here at RD.

So we will see, I promise to practice allot in race day itself so I don’t become a liability to anyone :wink2:
If you practice only in the race day and still stay in front of me, it's gonna be really interesting!!!! :male-fighter2:

• Ignacio Genta

Hello Bram,

I put myself on the list for Mantorp.Am I autorized to race?

Regards

Ignacio

If you practice only in the race day and still stay in front of me, it's gonna be really interesting!!!! :male-fighter2:

I race with one hand and one foot, beat that Mr. Aritan!:rotfl:

At any case, if you indeed are in front, I can always wait for you to come around and... a little, tiny "distraction" :fwd2:of my part and you go into orbit in style :angel2:

Jokes aside, after the event of the previews day, I will mostly be waiting (desiring) to be racing alone at this 50 mins sprint… on the Spa endurance event back in April, I went directly from RDTCC race to there, so this will be “nothing”
:D

I race with one hand and one foot, beat that Mr. Aritan!:rotfl:

At any case, if you indeed are in front, I can always wait for you to come around and... a little, tiny "distraction" :fwd2:of my part and you go into orbit in style :angel2:

Jokes aside, after the event of the previews day, I will mostly be waiting (desiring) to be racing alone at this 50 mins sprint… on the Spa endurance event back in April, I went directly from RDTCC race to there, so this will be “nothing” :D
Now you're starting to piss me off!!!!! :stop:

You're gonna feel the major anger coming from my wheels!!! :honk:

Some Honda Times from pre-season testing

What laptimes were they doing in pre-season?????

5 Yoeri Gijsen Honda Accord R STCC 01:20.333
10 Bram Hengeveld Honda Accord R STCC 01:20.606
13 Philip Antonia Honda Accord R STCC 01:20.696
14 michele spoldi Honda Accord R STCC 01:20.782
20 Eskild Granheim Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.107
21 Terry Harmer Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.215
23 Bob Miley Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.522
24 Ing petersson Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.540
26 Wido Rossen Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.721
27 Hansi Josefsson Honda Accord R STCC 01:21.924
32 Herwin Ploeg Honda Accord R STCC 01:24.097
33 Theo Loonstra Honda Accord R STCC 01:25.209
35 Dolf Bouw Honda Accord R STCC 01:26.351

Terry

RDTCC 2009 - Race Grid - Round 7

The total grid will no longer be posted. Each driver maintains the startnumber he has on the Entry List

Mutations and Absences will be shown here:

Saturday Cup
  • Ries Notenboom
  • Nuno Areias
  • Bram Hengeveld
  • Marc Good
  • Hansi Josefsson
  • Manuel Spierenburg
  • Yoeri Gijsen

Sunday Cup
  • Rich Tranter
  • Yves Sterckx
  • Lewis Owen
  • Keith Barrick
  • Florian Goubaud
  • Jeroen van Toorn

I see those times we didnt get near that in DRTCC. But we got restrictions in some corners there and dont think ya got them here.... it's only 38c in my room so dunno how it will be to race. But it's sweating hot in here. See you guys later on the track. Now first to cool off before we start lol

I must have missed the memo that said the last race of the year was going to be a banger race. After 3 laps of getting beat up, I had no car.

Thanks to RD and congratulations to the race and championship podium.

well... first race where i've really come away feeling really cheesed off.

had a busy week work wise so turned up early to get some laps in. felt on the pace with guys i was racing for 13th place in the league.

8-10 laps of run racing then the routine hang up occured - 20 secs this time so not the worst, but when 0.1 of a second a lap is the best you can make on the car ahead you soon realise that no point to kill the tyres. 2 cars behind, so changed to 2 stop strategy to at least have some racing with someone.

we lost mr brewer then i ended up lapping theo as he pointed the wrong way in the chicane.

hey ho. 20+ laps by myself with nowt happening shame for last race and as i said, a bit cheesed off - not at the racing, just that the pc let me down again.

cup of tea needed me thinks :)

on a positive though congrats to Simon on winning the league!

A nice league which now is over. Too bad, I think, since I did not get a grip of this until the last 2/3 of it.

Big congratulations to Simon on the overall victory along with today's win. Astonishing effort, I'd say!

Big thanks also to all fellow racers who put colour to the races in fair style. I've enjoyed it a lot :)

Thanks RD for providing it all! :)

Provisional points table (don't take this as gospel until it's on GPCOS; just my own calculation, not taken results into consideration where there are ties either):

Code:
P01 S. Trendell       114
P02 P. Duivelaar      97
P03 Y. Gijsen         69
P04 P. Antonia        66
P05 M. Guy            64
P06 S. Voss           60
P07 J. Wilson         57
P08 B. Hengeveld      48
P09 M. Spierenburg    47
P10 R. Balfour        44
P11 N. Gault          43
P12 H. Josefsson      36
P13 T. Harmer         36
P14 K. Peppiatt       32
P15 W. Rossen         32
P16 M. van der Aa     18
P17 B. Miley          15
P18 T. Loonstra       13
P19 R. Notenboom      6
P20 B. Luneski        5
P21 S. Leclercq       4
P22 B. Brewer         4

Had a bad race.
In Q I was second while I made a big mistake in sector 1. In race i had a pretty good start but couldnt keep up after a while. It's on this moment a nice 39c here and for someone who doesnt do sports and been sick for 2 years it's really hard to keep the attention on the road. I didnt have one lap were I didnt make a brake mistake or what so ever while I had races before were I drove far better. After pitstops I was first again while Tendell passed me in the 15th lap. Had 2 sec on Duivelaar who slowly came towads me. Then someone drove off the track I totally misbreaked and he only was like 0.6 behind me. Then I think someone hit him so he was gone. Then I still had a nice 1.4 gap on Tendell but my girlfriend call... picked up told her that I was racing and gone my gap was lol. I couldnt keep up anyway so why bother not picking up and have a angry girlfriend lol. After Tendell past me I was just wishing the race was over. I was soaked from my own sweat and I was getting dizzy. I saw Guy slowly coming towards me and even started to fear that Duivelaar would come to get me but that didnt happen. 3th sigh. Really bad race. Totally not happy about it. If next year it's hot again I hope I will be totally fit so I will be able to drive a full race in the heat.
GG nice season guys thanks for letting me race with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes