2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great event!!!! RAINNY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Quali:
I had the 5th when I got disconnect. So, 15th. :( Ok, let's try to recover some positions and have lots of fun. :)

Race:
The fun is ready to go!!! RAIN!!!!!! Oh, man, I love rain!!!! :)
Started very cautious and got 2 or 3 positions at the start. At the end of the 1st lap I was already 8th.
I was pushing and pushing so I could get contact with Maurice. We had a very nice battle for some laps. Thx for that, Maurice. As he already told, we were very close when he lost his car and I tried to avoid the contact but I was almost full speed at that time, so I couldn't. We both spun, but we recovered fast and kept going, he in front and me just following. My car was ok, Maurice. That was a normal race accident, I'm glad you didn't have any damage also. :)
After a few turns, I don't know if he let me pass or just made a msitake, but I passed him and started to increse the gap to him and decrease the gap to Laisse. I had a little mistake and the gap increase a bit again.
But I started with full tank, so when I pitted, I only changed the tyres, so I came back between Laisse and Maurice again.
A few laps later, Laisse spun after Frank (I think) spun in front of him and I passed both and started to increase the gap, but couldn't reach Greg, so I was a happy 4th.
Very nice race!!! :) My best result at RDTCC. And since I can't get along these FWD cars, I think it's awesome!!!! :)

Thanks a lot, guys, for the league. Thx RD for putting it together.

Cya in Mantorp.

Another Excellent Vid. I'd moan about you putting my 2 cock ups in, but you put 4 of my recovery drive overtakes in, so it's cheered me up a bit.

I'm amazed how you manage to get so much of the important action in 9 minutes of video. Very well done Jari:act-up:

@ Wilson
Yeah well I was dissapointed I shouldn't have responded right away on the forum.I lost a lot of speed after my bump the last car on the track. And I was a little to angry I should of waited a little before posting. I had a great weekend untill that bump and I also need to blame myself that I gave away my first could of win.

I was got ready in a difficult evening but not so.
Nevertheless in the practice I was optimistic because even if I ran more slowly than what I could make, that remained competitive.
For the qualifications, some small errors due to the fact that I had difficulties entering with enough precision in the bends. But I consider 5th after the disconnection of Aritan Maia.

Really no luck for me this rain, besides, I take the departure with slick, I stop dices the first lap to put tires rain and I leave 14th.
Only my driving is too rough and in the rain that does not forgive, I bring out and break a suspension.
I decide to abandon because that is of use to nothing that I risk to hurt me or what I gache the race of the other one by bringing out him of the track with me.
Pity, I would really have was able to catch up my delay on Joao in the championship.

Glad the top 4 battle was good to watch because it was epic to be apart of it!

It was absolutely brilliant. It almost made hitting the tire wall on lap 16 worthwhile. It gave me the opportunity to watch how it's really supposed to be done. I learned more from watching that battle than I would have if I had finished the race.
:thanks:

Glad the top 4 battle was good to watch because it was epic to be apart of it!

Yeh it looked really good.

I'm annoyed with my mistake on lap 2 as I barely touched the grass and my pace after that kept the gap to you guys virtually the same for the entire race(until I ran into poor Theo on the 2nd to last lap). I could of made it a 5 way fight:sidefrown: Oh well I'm pleased I maximised my points after that mistake and moved into 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 70 58.3%