Simraceway

"Hey Guys,

Just got wind of this, unfortunately - for VirtualR traffic volumes - the rumours of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. However we have had a really tough break of late and so had to let some folk go but the operation is certainly not shutting down and we’re continuing to develop and push out new content – feel free to check out our new Skill Sharding, this weekend saw some of the closest racing we've yet achieved.

All the best,
Phil"

That's a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Glad to hear it.

Peter K. Who owns VR?
SMS

Ahh, I had no idea, thanks for filling me in. :)
He gets REALLY uppity if you accuse him of any bias, though, so avoid mentioning it over there. But if you'll notice, the category headlines go in alphabetical order... except for pCARS at the beginning ;)

I wouldn't say he definitely has a conflict of interest, but business ethics has always taught me that the appearance of a conflict of interest (particularly if not actively disclosed) is just as bad as an actual one.

Everyone should report what they want of course on their own blog, but I find it poor journalism to post an article based on "sources" that aren't man enough to expose themselves but spread news via the rumor circuit and want to stay anonymous (also to us btw).

When posting an article that has such a negative impact on somebodies business you MUST hear the other party first and ask them for a statement before you publish something. If they do not respond to that then you can post it without but now its piss poor journalism.

I have disagreed many times with SRW mainly about their pricing model for some really expensive cars and their way they started of SRW with a lot of nonsense (600,000 likes on Facebook, hi :D) but the game itself is pretty cool. Menu's look fantastic and the main part of the content is up for grabs for almost nothing and very nicely integrated into their website with an easy to use autoupdating system.

But what happens behind the scenes on management level, the workfloor or else is really not relevant gaming news at all for the community unless something illegal is being done that must be exposed. Now a company in need gets an extra kick in the nuts and that is not the first time that has happened.

After such a bad publicity it will be hard for Simraceway to recover from it as such things seem to stick for a long time.

Everyone should report what they want of course on their own blog, but I find it poor journalism to post an article based on "sources" that aren't man enough to expose themselves but spread news via the rumor circuit and want to stay anonymous (also to us btw).

When posting an article that has such a negative impact on somebodies business you MUST hear the other party first and ask them for a statement before you publish something. If they do not respond to that then you can post it without but now its piss poor journalism.

I have disagreed many times with SRW mainly about their pricing model for some really expensive cars and their way they started of SRW with a lot of nonsense (600,000 likes on Facebook, hi :D) but the game itself is pretty cool. Menu's look fantastic and the main part of the content is up for grabs for almost nothing and very nicely integrated into their website with an easy to use autoupdating system.

But what happens behind the scenes on management level, the workfloor or else is really not relevant gaming news at all for the community unless something illegal is being done that must be exposed. Now a company in need gets an extra kick in the nuts and that is not the first time that has happened.

After such a bad publicity it will be hard for Simraceway to recover from it as such things seem to stick for a long time.

God, now I feel really guilty for posting it in the first place.:sick:

Furai was disastrous. Steering and FFB was all over the place. RX7 was great for going sideways, but the sounds were terrible. Just a bit guttered the 787 didn't get included in the test drive.

The Furai, Miata and RX8 have just been updated, I never drove them before so I cannot judge how much improved they have been, but I found them fun to drive.:)
I liked the Furai, FFB, steering and handling felt fine to me, I particularly enjoyed the sound of the engine.:thumbsup:

1091131_10151642152364247_809202035_o.jpg

Rob "Montoya" Prange is pCars web content admin. And because of that it can never be an independent news blog.
Doesn't Ignite own Race Sim Central? and rFactor Central? We also know Bram is pretty tight with Sim Bin and worked with them with RTR for iOpener. So I see no problem with Rob working for SMS and doing Virtualr. You will see insiders on every site in one shape or another.

Don't think it's about being an insider or not, it's about being independent and unbiased, which understandably gets harder when you are working for a company.
That said the niche market that Sim Racing Games is, there should be no reason why being involved in one game should make you negative towards another by default, yes they are competing games but honestly its such a small market and most sim racers I have spoken to own several or all sims worth buying.

They are all biased! Fact! because everyone has an opinion and has likes and dislikes. I agree the most of these sites try to be as unbiased as possible but it can still be seen quite evidently on any site I go on. This one included the fact they don't post news articles for certain titles shows bias and this is a pretty common practice that goes on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back