Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Tubby its because the settings are too high, the notchy bit is common if you have too much on. Run about 100 on the strength and slide the rest down a bit and see what difference it makes. FFB sometimes can be seen as less is more. You will get more feel of the car this way

Upvote 0
hey everyone, hoping to get a quick answer as I have a small but annoying problem with my g27 but i'm sure i have just missed something obvious, basically if i go into logitech profiler to the slider for degrees of rotation i cannot set it to some points, ones that i know other people use on here, an example being 240 degrees, i can only set it to 236 or 243, there is no way to set it to 240 :(, its not me moving it too far or anything like that, it is actually impossible to set it to 240 (and nearly every other setting people normally use), i can set it to something that is close but never what other people use a lot of the time eg 270 i can use 264 or 271, 299 or 306 but not 300, however i can set it to the maximum which is 900 fine so it doesn't hate anything ending in 5 or 0 :p, i don't get it, could anyone offer any suggestions please? :)

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

Mr Taxman has decided that I deserve a rebate, so I have some spare cash for once. I'm looking to upgrade from my current Driving Force GT to a G27. Since I'm a bit of a realism freak (saddo?), I like to shift as you would in the particular car I'm driving. So, does the shifter have a sequential mode? (ie, up/down like a touring car)

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

Mr Taxman has decided that I deserve a rebate, so I have some spare cash for once. I'm looking to upgrade from my current Driving Force GT to a G27. Since I'm a bit of a realism freak (saddo?), I like to shift as you would in the particular car I'm driving. So, does the shifter have a sequential mode? (ie, up/down like a touring car)
No sequential on G27. But I've seen pictures somewhere around here of people putting on rubber bands and springs, and it worked.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip Senad. A quick Google search for 'G27 rubber bands' revealed a solution. So simple yet so effective! Still deciding whether to get the wheel though... it's a lot of money.

Upvote 0
I was on the fence for some time before I finally broke down and got the G27. I was very happy when I got it. The pedals are a lot more accurate and the wheel is a lot quieter than the Driving Force Pro I was using. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Jim. Comparison opinions from an ex-DF user are very helpful. :) There are plenty of reviews, but they're not the same as people's actual personal experience.

Upvote 0
Just replaced my G25 with a G27, G25 was still working, only replaced cos throttle was starting to spike !! basically had that wheel since they were released !

Very happy with the upgrade, smoother, quieter, more precise, just feels more mature and slightly better made, not that the G25 was shabby.

Upvote 0
Mine arrived today. Very happy with it so far. Bit of a learning curve for me though, as I haven't driven a car with clutch and h-box for over ten years! Getting there slowly but surely though.

Incidentally, if anyone is thinking about upgrading then you might want to check Amazon (UK). They started selling them for £180 just before I placed my order. Good price for a quality product.

Upvote 0
That's good from Play. I don't use them anymore as some of their delivery times were ridiculous, and their support was abysmal.

While I'm here, I have a question for fellow G27 owners. Is it known to rattle slightly under certain circumstances? The main time I experience a rattle is when hitting rumble strips, particularly while cornering. I should point out that it isn't a major rattle like you get on cheaper wheels (eg, FF EX, DFGT), it's just a very slight one which occurs when the rumble initially starts. I hadn't thought much about it initially, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I've looked elsewhere for an answer (Google), but you know what most forums are like. Every man and his dog suddenly becomes an expert, with half saying it's not a problem and the other half whining about Logitech products being crap and all the rest of it. The thoughts of level-headed RD'ers is what I need. :)

Upvote 0
Yes it rattles over the curbs, that why I have the envoyrement at 20%, force 100% and in the logitech profiler 85%.
Good FFB and no rattle.

desktop2011092910570146.jpg

f1201120110929110012015.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back