Will there be mods for LMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look within the file structure, and it is almost exactly like rF2. Even down to having a "Packages" folder. I didn't go in too deep. I did try a couple quick things.

If you point the rF2 Mod Manager to LMU, the tracks and vehicles will show up in there.

I tried just a straight import of an rF2 track, and while the files installed, it didn't show up in game. I didn't try a car.

If you know rF1 and rF2 modding, my thought is that they changed .rfm and vehicle classes. It isn't the "all tracks and cars". Either that, or they have the UI coded to only show those tracks. It's hard track down as they do have the new .mas encryption on all the .mas files. There hasn't been any available tools to get past it that I'm aware of. I know some rF2 cars with the new encryption have made their way to AC, so something might be possible.

I tried to go the other way (LMU to rF2), but it looks like the encrypted .mas doesn't get added to the MAStool .rfcmp maker. I think their might be a different way to make a .rfcmp, but I haven't investigated yet.

Attachments

• 2024-02-21 08_11_14-rFactor2 Mod Manager v0.93x.png
    2024-02-21 08_11_14-rFactor2 Mod Manager v0.93x.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 49
This is really nice. I really hope this could potentially mean we could bring tracks like Zandvoort and other cars into LMU or content from LMU to rF2. Never understood why they didn't release rF3 with Le Mans license.

So are there any plans for creating LMU mods section, it's more question to the mods of RD but still I'm asking

This is really nice. I really hope this could potentially mean we could bring tracks like Zandvoort and other cars into LMU or content from LMU to rF2. Never understood why they didn't release rF3 with Le Mans license.
I'm not really sure that promoting or ripping content from an early access game which needs support to succeed is something RD would want encourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 60.0%