Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys!

I hope u r well.

I've got massive problems with installing it to my Mac. And yes, I'm not into coding or else. So could one of you be so kind to explain it for dummies like me? :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I hope u r well.

I've got massive problems with installing it to my Mac. And yes, I'm not into coding or else. So could one of you be so kind to explain it for dummies like me? :D

Thanks!
Do you have Intel or M1 mac?

With M1 macs there might be some issues, as I haven't been able to create the custom JRE for that platform (as I don't have such laptop available to me).

For Intel macs the install is quite straightforward.
- Unzip the package somewhere
- Run the runMac.sh (from commandline with 'bash runMac.sh' or you might be able to double-click it too

Cheers.

Hello, im new here. I am having some trouble when trying to connect the tool to my friends pc. I tried to use the tool myself and it worked but when i give my pc ip to my friend to try to be his race engineer it just doesnt work, i dont get any type of data... I have enabled the UDP 1 box, i have changed the UDP target ip to my pc ip's and the port to 20711. I gave him the ip and the port to him to connect into his f1 2021 game but i just dont recieve any type of data.
Can you help me please?
Keep up the great work,
Robalo.

Hello, im new here. I am having some trouble when trying to connect the tool to my friends pc. I tried to use the tool myself and it worked but when i give my pc ip to my friend to try to be his race engineer it just doesnt work, i dont get any type of data... I have enabled the UDP 1 box, i have changed the UDP target ip to my pc ip's and the port to 20711. I gave him the ip and the port to him to connect into his f1 2021 game but i just dont recieve any type of data.
Can you help me please?
Keep up the great work,
Robalo.
Hi,
If you don't have much experience in networking, port forwarding etc, then maybe the easiest way to setup this is to use VPN tunneling between you and your friend. Many of my users are using Hamachi VPN to easily make connection between the racer(s) and engineer.

Cheers.

Hi,
If you don't have much experience in networking, port forwarding etc, then maybe the easiest way to setup this is to use VPN tunneling between you and your friend. Many of my users are using Hamachi VPN to easily make connection between the racer(s) and engineer.

Cheers.
Hi,
Is there any other alternative than using a VPN tunneling? Could you please explain it to me or its very difficult?
Thanks for responding.

Hi,
Is there any other alternative than using a VPN tunneling? Could you please explain it to me or its very difficult?
Thanks for responding.
If you don't use VPN tunneling, this is what you need to do.
1) You have to find your own IP, e.g. with whatismyipaddress.com
2) Then you open in your router + firewall so, that data to port 20777 get's forwarded to your computer.
3) You run the Telemetry Tool on your computer using the port 20777 (the default). If you use something else, then you have to open that port in 2)
3a) Your friend setups in F1 2021 the IP address to be the address from 1) and port setup in 2)
or
3b) Your friend also runs the Telemetry Tool and uses the UDP redirect and sends the data to your IP address found at 1) and uses the same port, you setup in 2).

Here the 2) is the tricky part and how hard it is depends on what router/firewall setup you have and how much experience you have on the port forwarding etc.

Cheers

Hi! Good afternoon @Iko_Rein, sorry for the incovenience. I want to use your app, but it doesn't works for me, the game does not detect the app or vice versa...
I'm playing in a pc the F1-2019, it's downloaded and I play by the Xbox Game Pass. I've followed all your steps, but it's not working. :c
For example, I'm in Bahrain track and the app doesn't change and does nothing.

My configurations:
- UDP Telemetry: ON
- UDP Broadcast Mode: OFF
- UDP Adress is the same as the IP shown in the window of your app button "Show my IP Adress"
- UDP Port: 20777

I also tried to set the UDP Broadcast Mode: ON, because your app is in the same device than the game, but that was the same result.

How can I make it work for me? Thank you.

1643405920205.png

1643406962505.png

Hi! Good afternoon @Iko_Rein, sorry for the incovenience. I want to use your app, but it doesn't works for me, the game does not detect the app or vice versa...
I'm playing in a pc the F1-2019, it's downloaded and I play by the Xbox Game Pass. I've followed all your steps, but it's not working. :c
For example, I'm in Bahrain track and the app doesn't change and does nothing.

My configurations:
- UDP Telemetry: ON
- UDP Broadcast Mode: OFF
- UDP Adress is the same as the IP shown in the window of your app button "Show my IP Adress"
- UDP Port: 20777

I also tried to set the UDP Broadcast Mode: ON, because your app is in the same device than the game, but that was the same result.

How can I make it work for me? Thank you.

View attachment 536425
View attachment 536426
Hard to say, why it would not work. Seems to be ok on the settings.

One note though, If you run both the F1 2019 and the Telemetry Tool on same computer, then you can set the IP address to be 127.0.0.1.

Do you have some firewall preventing the UDP traffic? That might be another issue, if your Windows firewall is blocking the traffic.

Cheers

Just a note to AMS2 users.

I wanted to do new version, but had to do quite big changes to the tool + the AMS2 relay, which have have delayed the release of a new version.

For AMS2 users, if you want to get the Road America trackmaps, you can get them here: https://telemetrytool.com/addons/

Just unzip the AM2 package to the directory, where you installed the Telemetry Tool.

Cheers

Hello Iko Rein, I hope you'll see this question.

I've just installed this (very cool) telemetry tool and it works well.
I would like to know if it is possible to receive data from other driver who don't use your tool (and are not on the same network/wi-fi).
If is it possible, please let me know how.
Thanks a lot.

Hello Iko Rein, I hope you'll see this question.

I've just installed this (very cool) telemetry tool and it works well.
I would like to know if it is possible to receive data from other driver who don't use your tool (and are not on the same network/wi-fi).
If is it possible, please let me know how.
Thanks a lot.
It is doable.

They could try to send the data directly from the game to your public IP address. Then you need to create port forwarding in your router/firewall etc.

Cheers.

Hi Iko

Quick question on the driver number map file. I’m having issues getting it to map the TLA correctly on the race timing display. Is this a known issue/are there any solutions?

Hi Iko

Quick question on the driver number map file. I’m having issues getting it to map the TLA correctly on the race timing display. Is this a known issue/are there any solutions?
Most likely edit error in the modifications.

Try to first. e.g. change JUST one of the AI driver TLA, e.g. with Kimi's 6
with the following line
6,"KIMI","K_R"

Cheers

Hello...just a quick question...how susp. position, susp velocity and susp acceleration should be intrepreted? Talking about F1 2021 looking at the picture susp position in blue lines I'm using 1-1 and 1-1 (softest and lowest setting) for both susp and ride height wil in the colored lines I0m using 11-11 and 11-11 (stiffest and highest setting)settings for both susp and ride height. It doesn't seems to be really much difference in front axle tho. As we can't touch dampers setting I rekon that both acceleratiob and velocity are equal for all the suspension settings...but is there any chance to obtain proper RH with those data? Like finally understand how much a click is in the setup?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hello...just a quick question...how susp. position, susp velocity and susp acceleration should be intrepreted? Talking about F1 2021 looking at the picture susp position in blue lines I'm using 1-1 and 1-1 (softest and lowest setting) for both susp and ride height wil in the colored lines I0m using 11-11 and 11-11 (stiffest and highest setting)settings for both susp and ride height. It doesn't seems to be really much difference in front axle tho. As we can't touch dampers setting I rekon that both acceleratiob and velocity are equal for all the suspension settings...but is there any chance to obtain proper RH with those data? Like finally understand how much a click is in the setup?
The ride height values are an unknown value. It might even change between cars, i.e. 1 step on Merc might be different to 1 step on RB and most likely even the front 1-step is different than rear 1-step.. There is no proper data available to provide the actual RH value. Also we don't know, if the wheelbase of the model is the same as for real cars, so using some smart calcs for RH is not possible, just some rought estimates or diff-%. Sadly.

Cheers

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 540 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 340 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 361 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 182 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 212 26.9%
Back