RD Rally Club - WRC Rally Portugal - Rally1 in Portugal 9th to 14th May 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
ZYn4w0Y.jpeg
After having done Rally2 cars in the last few WRC rallies here, it is time to get the Rally1 cars out on the gravel for Rally Portugal!
I also had to choose that picture for the rally poster. It's not the game, but man it is aweseom!

Session Open: 9th of May to 14th of May 2024
Cars: Rally1
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service
SS1:
Anjos - Dawn - Part Cloud (Wet) - 7.4km
SS2: Ervideiro - Sunrise - Part Cloud (Dry) - 7.3km
Service - 45 Min
SS3:
Touce - Morning - Clear - 7.5km
SS4: Marão - Afternoon - Clear - 15.1km
SS5: Celeiro - Sunset - Clear - 8.2km
Service - 45 Min
SS6
: Fridão - Dusk - Clear - 16.7km
SS7: Baião - Dusk - Clear - 30.3km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :D

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Last edited:
A small plug to Fafe's Rally Museum, where many classics that have been driven in this Club can be found or have been on rotating display - very worth a short visit if you happen to be in the area (known for the iconic SS jump). Some temporary entries are active on local hillclimb/rally events, so there can be surprises like a rally 928S I was lucky to come across last Autumn (while missing a rare BX 4TC).

Translated >link< of the exhibition sections. Probably hasn't been updated in a while.

Last edited:
did the first five, first stage was unexpectedly slippery and also had to get used to the Puma, never played it before, bit larger than the other WRC1 cars, or so it feels. Stage4 I really messed up in the first minute, first rolled over and then banged into a rock, tire change cost me 1:30. Stage5 I finally found a good rhythm and enjoyed every second but too tired to tackle the mighty last two stages. Watching the replays I keep wondering how Codies have managed to tickle so much out of my rusty old 1060 card, amazing.

portugal01.jpg

portugal02.jpg

Survived! And so much fun it was, that last epic stage just leaves you speechless every time you've done it. To put such a monster into a game :thumbsup: I absolutely love going through the villages and absolutely hate going on tarmac where the gravel setup produces a wobbly sort of feeling, yikes. Took two spares, didn't need one. Thx Ole and all who at least tried, watched a bit of the live coverage on rally tv for warmup and a bit more to cool down afterwards, couldn't be better ;)

What did we learn from Portugal?

You can damage the engine so bad that you don't cross the finish-line, because you cannot physically drive the car up the hill
That is not "terminal damage"
There is a stage maximum time, that if you pass that, you are DQ'd

Oups :p I seemingly run out of talent if cars gets faster than Rally2.

It was really fun though :D

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 231 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 33.8%