AC Rd 1 F3 Summer Championship Q2 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix-Thur May 16

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_imola_2-4-124-17-39-41.jpg

Welcome to the AC Racing club F3 series.
We start a new quarter 2 championship at the superb Imola circuit, nestled in the heart of the Emilia-Romagna region, just to the south east of Bologna, and close by to the F1 Mecca that is Ferrari’s HQ in Maranello.

Not registered yet? Even if you registered for Q1 you will need to re-register again to compete in Q2.

Register on our championship page Q2 Registration page

The race format for this round is:
  • Practice Server: Overtake.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Overtake.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST-60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20.00 BST-20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 BST) | - Race Start
Track: Imola (Kunos)
Car: RSS 3 V6 (see link below)
  • One 60 minute race with mandatory pit stop (put at least 1 litre fuel into your car, tyres optional)
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS is enabled. (make sure you have a button mapped).
  • Daylight(Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)

Further details can be found on the F3 Q2 Championship Registration-Summer 2024 page (including car and skin downloads) and also by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS in the Emperor server 6 for this race.
We look forward to seeing you on track!

Last edited:
I realise I've signed up but can't actually make the first race. If you need to remove me to make space feel free to do so.

For anyone that needs, here's a setup from *years* ago (apparently I did a 1:???). I've not done any extra work on it so for all I know it's garbage but it's the setup I'd probably start building from if I was going to be able to race, so feel free to use it and adapt it. My first impressions are that the front ARB is too stiff and the dampers are all wrong, but I genuinely drove about 2 laps so don't trust a word I say.

I realise I've signed up but can't actually make the first race. If you need to remove me to make space feel free to do so.

For anyone that needs, here's a setup from *years* ago (apparently I did a 1:???). I've not done any extra work on it so for all I know it's garbage but it's the setup I'd probably start building from if I was going to be able to race, so feel free to use it and adapt it. My first impressions are that the front ARB is too stiff and the dampers are all wrong, but I genuinely drove about 2 laps so don't trust a word I say.

No worries Joe, glad you registered and we should be OK with numbers so stay onboard. :thumbsup:

We look forward to having you back with us later on but in the meantime thanks for the base set up, I'm sure we will make use of it.

Cheers Paul! Still figuring out what to make of this car, I know a low 1.33 is possible but alas I ran out of fuel on that lap. What does everyone think about tyres? The softs get way to hot but the mediums have a hard time heating up in the front. I suspect I need to abuse the car a little more since I am not seeing much wear at all currently or does it sharply drop off?

Anyway, fun car and love the track!

Cheers Paul! Still figuring out what to make of this car, I know a low 1.33 is possible but alas I ran out of fuel on that lap. What does everyone think about tyres? The softs get way to hot but the mediums have a hard time heating up in the front. I suspect I need to abuse the car a little more since I am not seeing much wear at all currently or does it sharply drop off?

Anyway, fun car and love the track!
I don´t know about the F3 car, but usually AC is not very good simulating/measuring tyre temperatures.
The tyre model is quite dated, I read something of a "one point calculation" instead of "contact patch" which would be realistic.

In short:

the reported tyre temps are not very helpfull, as long as pressures are in the window and you can live with the wear, ignore the "blue tyres"

I don´t know about the F3 car, but usually AC is not very good simulating/measuring tyre temperatures.
The tyre model is quite dated, I read something of a "one point calculation" instead of "contact patch" which would be realistic.

In short:

the reported tyre temps are not very helpfull, as long as pressures are in the window and you can live with the wear, ignore the "blue tyres"
I don't think this is correct at all.

The contact patch is mainly for calculating the collision (gamedev term) between the tyre and surfaces. With contact patch you are less likely to have the kerb of death issue which happens sometimes in AC. It was added to some extend in CSP but not for online I think. It is not related to tyre temps directly.

Blue tyres will be less grippy than tyres in the right temperature range. Also depends on the mod/tyre how much this affects it.

I know more about irl tyre physics than ingame behaviour.

IRL the size of the patch and pressure distribution depending on camber/caster, air pressure, carcass construction and normal load all play a role in determining grip in addition to the temps in the thread and sidewall.

That's why most engineers finetune suspension settings by temp distribution over the thread.
That does not work in AC because the tyre Modell is overly somplified.

Perhaps, but I've definitely found overheated tyres to be slippery and cold tyres to be lacklustre so there is something going on. I know ACC went from the 1-point to the 5 point contact calculation but that's about it. People say Rf2/LMU does it best and iRacing is good but can be weirdly slippery but eeeh. car goes fast and engine goes vroom is all I care about!

I´m with you on the "don´t care how it works" part.

Would be good to know how important the temps are, which deviation from optimal could be ignored.

I you really want to "create temperature", you could go for higher toe values as this creates tyre scrub and will make the tyres heat up.
Downside is a rise in drag, so the loss of top speed should better be worth the rise in cornering grip.

Of course these are "real life solutions" and need testing how AC reacts to them.

Personally, I usually ignore the tyre temps and go with the 'if it feels good then it is good with AC. Rarely do I toast my tyres as I prefer the feel of a bit more pressure hence a little less wear and heat

Finishing in P2 and feeling 'slow', thanks Fulvio ;)

Happy with the pole. On race start Thomas jumped me. I forgot you could use the DRS on the line, but that was not solely it. About a 1-second gap to Thomas in front until he went to the pits early (not halfway through the race). I decided to go long and see where that would put me after my stop. The stategy worked and I had a 10-12 second gap to Thomas after my stop. Not sure if he had had incidents or not. From there on it was just about getting to the flag. I can't catch Fulvio in front and the gap to Thomas was big enough and I had fresher tyres too.

It was a nice one. Too bad Allard and Hank disconnected early.

I have to sort the skin issue out. I had downloaded all skins before the race..

Where can you see the penalty points being applied? How does that work? I don't think I had a penalty but just curious how that worked out. According to my crew chief a lot happened at Tosa ;)

Thanks for this one Paul!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 232 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 70 26.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 33.7%