How can I edit a track made without pit lane to work on track day?

Swisss_T

Premium
Someone created a fun track without a .json file and it was just a "beta" they said but I added my own .json file and added pits so i could have 20 ai opponents and then I made a fast line and pit line. If I go to race I can race the ai and have a fun time but if I go to track day they just sit in pits. I looked in the KSeditor and the pit road is named 1ROADxx and not 1PITxx. This allows me to drive full speed instead of having a pit speed limiter automatically kick in I assume. I don't edit tracks or know much about it but I have the KN5 file of the track. I assume he made it in RTB but I have blender although I have never used it before. Seems overwhelming. I have the FBX of the track in the folder somehow and when I open it, it just shows the track and no trees or any of the scenery. (sorry for the lack of knowledgeable vocab when it comes to this stuff, maybe the "scenery" is called assetts or materials or something)
Anyway I don't know if the FBX file is any help but I can select that portion of track and rename it but anytime I have tried to fool with this stuff I break it and it stops loading all together. I tried exporting from blender using the assetto corsa KN5 export and when I open it up with KSeditor it just shows the track without the scenery so I keep starting over trying to figure something out and I am so overwhelmed and tired of reading to figure this out. I just want to have pits that the ai will leave and that will have a auto pit limiter when entering.
Any help is appreciated!

Just an update.
It didn't have a surfaces.ini file and so I just found another track that had one and dropped it in my data folderd it started working. I don't know if changing the name of the surface in the KSeditor from 1ROADxx to 1PITxx helped or hurt or did nothing but somehow its working after a day of going from absolutely 0 knowledge of Blender, RTB, KSeditor, KN5 files, fbx, config files etc.... I have such an overload of information. I thought I wanted to try my hand at modding a track but I might leave that to the much more educated than me. LOL

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 232 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 70 26.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 33.7%