GTRevival: new physics engine and tires with chassis flex

As usual via X/Twitter , Ian Bell updates us on the development of the new GTRevival: as already known, in the initial phase the game was developed using the physics and tires engine of Project CARS 2, called SETA. At present Straight4 is working with an updated and expanded version of the engine, obviously called SETA2.
Doug Arnao, physics developer at GTRevival, is working in particular on a new tire model, called Hadron, based on the same concept as SETA2. Ian Bell showed some technical shots showing the work in progress, which of course tell us very little, but at least we know that the work in progress is underway.

In some tweets Bell clarified: " Hi everyone, I've been silent lately for a very exciting reason. In the near future we will be announcing some big news related to our upcoming GTRevival game and company developments. Stay tuned! I will update as soon as possible. - then referring to the published screens - You might notice a 'soft body' subroutine in the images I posted yesterday. Yes, finally the bending of the frame! But done correctly, according to fundamental principles. Now, try to obtain precise data on torsional and multidirectional bending from manufacturers... ".

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for updating us. I'm looking forward to GTRevival.

Even if it's over promised and under delivered it should probably still give us something of value like PC1/2 did that at the least could be built on in the future like AMS2.

• Deleted member 197115

Would be interesting to see some breakdown on core differences between SETA and SETA2.
Better from Doug Arnao himself, not Ian.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 6 66.7%