HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

A46D0054.jpg
1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we're going to Monaco where Sunday the F1 race will be held.
But we're doing a little time travelling as we're using the 1966 version of the track. It's easier and has better overtake possibilities. And this mod has a great atmosphere.
1715252836960.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport
  • Track: Monaco 1966
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Attachments​

Surprised how short Monaco is, but it is as shite as i thought it was going to be. this is not a circuit I relish driving on. For me it is going to be a damage limitation race. :(

I would prefer to stick with the devil I know.
At least it is more my age. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS
on reflection it should give everyone a chance. It is super easy to hit something, so anyone who can lap without incidence stands a better than average chance of doing well here.
:)

Last edited:
Well what can I say! having had a little practice this will be fine providing its a 10 minute race as anything more than that sees me making contact with something I shouldn't :( :):):)

So would any of you experts have any tips you'd be willing to share on what I should be looking at in setting up the Mazda. So far I have set the Tyres to 20psi which seems okay on pressure sitting at 27 -28 during a race lap. Temps always seem to be low on the righthand wheels in the Mazda on a clockwise circuit. I have changed to camber to 0 all round and have the front ARB set to 4 and rear to 1. Any further advice as to where to go from here would be gratefully received.

On a seperate subject I am now looking to upgrade my sim hardware, as I am currently using a Logitech G29 and pedals without any mods etc. The pedals don't have huge amounts of feel in them and whilst I am not blaming the kit for my lack of ability I think I know I enjoy this enough to invest a little more into it now. So I have ordered a set of Simsonn Pro pedals from Ali express and they should be here towards the end of the month. Does anyone use these (or the Simjack pro pedals) and have any tips in setting up or using them?

Later in the year I will look to upgrade the wheel and am currently looking at the Cammus C5 or the Moza R5 again any thoughts on either of these.

Many thanks
Gavin

Try this one Gavin, hate the car, but try this.
PS.
i have to go stable, so this is the best I can do with the car, for me.
Maybe you can add some more ARB if you want it to rotate more.
it rotates to much for me. :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS2
Pedals look amazing value, they will be a big improvement on your Logitech pedals.
i think it goes....
1 pedals
2 fast acting wheel. invariably DD, but the Fanatec belt driven club sport is good.
3 triples for better all round vision
After this i would not be able to isolate anything that warranted a higher or lower ranking..

Attachments

• monaco 66.ini
    1,015 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Try this one Gavin, hate the car, but try this.
PS.
i have to go stable, so this is the best I can do with the car, for me.
Maybe you can add some more ARB if you want it to rotate more.
it rotates to much for me. :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS2
Pedals look amazing value, they will be a big improvement on your Logitech pedals.
i think it goes....
1 pedals
2 fast acting wheel. invariably DD, but the Fanatec club sport is good.
3 triples for better all round vision
After this i would not be able to isolate anything that warranted a higher or lower ranking..
Thank you, will give it a go.

Thanks also for the advice on kit, I'm hoping the pedals are going to be as good as the reviews. First time I've used Aliexpress but the Simsonn store looks legit and so hopefully all will be good. A wheel upgrade is probably going to have to wait until the end of the year.
Won't go down the triples route as picked up a Pico 4 from CEX at XMas so have used that for the last two races and it has been great for awareness.
Thanks again

Yes that is my next move, I am going to go for a VR quest 3 when I have finished paying for my new, stop my back killing me, seat.
Mainly to try and spice up my sim racing, especially for cars where that works well for. It will be interesting to see if I revert back to my triple screens for online racing.:)

Yes that is my next move, I am going to go for a VR quest 3 when I have finished paying for my new, stop my back killing me, seat.
Mainly to try and spice up my sim racing, especially for cars where that works well for. It will be interesting to see if I revert back to my triple screens for online racing.:)
The Pico 4 with its pancake lens is excellent, not as good as the Quest 3 but at £200 from CEX for an as good as new unit it was a no brainer. I thought about a Pico Neo 3 as they have the DP link cable so you get native graphics performance but with the older lens type. Either way the VR is brilliant immersion.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 100.0%