FM8 Forza Motorsport 2023

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza Motorsport 28.10.2023 21_19_29_waifu2x_2x_png.jpg
Forza Motorsport 28.10.2023 20_52_04_waifu2x_2x_png.jpgForza Motorsport 28.10.2023 21_02_32_waifu2x_2x_png.jpgForza Motorsport 28.10.2023 21_07_40_waifu2x_2x_png.jpg

I went back to fully Automatic with the graphics settings. I advise everybody not to do this. My framerate is atrocious. It wasn't able to maintain 60FPS no matter how I paired the graphics back, so I threw up both my hands and said screw-it and pressed the default button. If I am going to be getting caca for framerates, I might as well enjoy whatever bells and whistles the game is handing me.

• The good... Lighting is better.
  • The bad... Slideshow Motorsport!
  • The ugly... Raceroom looks and plays better than FM '23.

I finally got decent parformance out of FM. I followed this guide...

He does a good job describing what the graphic settings do. This made a big difference for me. Its pretty damn smooth now.

Edit...

I have had C: drive issues for a while. I only had a 128GB SATA SSD as my C: Drive. I recently bought a 2TB M.2 NVME and finally got the SATA SSD cloned to the NVME. Before cloning the drive, my paltry SSD was full, and I wasn't able to update my Nvidia graphics drivers. With the new M.2 I was able to update it.

Why is this relevant? NVidia took it upon itself to change my graphics settings in order to "optimize" Forza Motorsport. I now want to find Jensen and cut the sleeves off of all his leather jackets! I didn't play it yet, but I am about to see what Nvidia's idea of optimized is. I have a sneaking suspicion that it ain't going to be good though. They turned the resolution scale to 80%, Put the windshield reflection on Ultra, set the track texture quality to Auto and turned Ray tracing back on. This is going to be a hot mess.

:roflmao:

Last edited:
I finally got decent parformance out of FM. I followed this guide...

He does a good job describing what the graphic settings do. This made a big difference for me. Its pretty damn smooth now.

Edit...

I have had C: drive issues for a while. I only had a 128GB SATA SSD as my C: Drive. I recently bought a 2TB M.2 NVME and finally got the SATA SSD cloned to the NVME. Before cloning the drive, my paltry SSD was full, and I wasn't able to update my Nvidia graphics drivers. With the new M.2 I was able to update it.

Why is this relevant? NVidia took it upon itself to change my graphics settings in order to "optimize" Forza Motorsport. I now want to find Jensen and cut the sleeves off of all his leather jackets! I didn't play it yet, but I am about to see what Nvidia's idea of optimized is. I have a sneaking suspicion that it ain't going to be good though. They turned the resolution scale to 80%, Put the windshield reflection on Ultra, set the track texture quality to Auto and turned Ray tracing back on. This is going to be a hot mess.

:roflmao:
You have to physically select the optimize feature per game, there is also an option to revert.

Has Microsoft released a performance patch and fixed any of the graphical issues since the titled launched?

You have to physically select the optimize feature per game, there is also an option to revert.

Has Microsoft released a performance patch and fixed any of the graphical issues since the titled launched?
That's what one would assume, but when I opened the game in NVidia's GeForce Now app to see what optimized settings were, it was already optimized and very different from what I had set earlier. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why the game had a green checkmark, cause I didn't know it was even suported by the app. It was weird, to say the least.

ah, I think I figured out the difference.
In Geforce experience under settings/Games & Apps on the top left side, there is a box that can be checked.
If checked, which mine is not.
It automatically optimizes newly add games and apps.

It should, than give you the option to optimize or revert.

• Deleted member 197115

Surprised anyone is still using Geforce Experience bloatware. It never does any good.

I'm relatively new to PC gaming... 6 years is not a long time.

:D

Edit: but seriously, how do I unbloat this. Just delete it? And how should I handle Nvidia drivers? Clean installs seem to work better than allowing GFN to set itself up. The only issue is, I don't know how to install the graphic card drivers without the bloatware.

Last edited:
ah, I think I figured out the difference.
In Geforce experience under settings/Games & Apps on the top left side, there is a box that can be checked.
If checked, which mine is not.
It automatically optimizes newly add games and apps.

It should, than give you the option to optimize or revert.
Thanks for this. I found the option and disabled it. No more auto craptastic settings.

Update 2 Coming Nov 14

Stability

Many fixes to improve overall game stability and reduce crashes across all platforms.
Livery Editor
Fixed issue where players can view and unlock tunes and vinyls shared by other players.
Fixed issue causing black paint shade to show up as grey instead of black.
Fixed issue where only the inner barrel on factory rims is paintable.

PC

Fixed issue requiring shaders to recompile every time Forza Motorsport is started on AMD chipsets.
Fixed specific game crash that occurs if headphones are plugged into the front panel.

Multiplayer

Fixes to matchmaking as a group, party management, and invites and joins across multiplayer.
Fixes to ensure custom liveries show up more consistently across multiplayer game modes.
Fixes to address cases where Intermission/Launch Countdown would take much longer than expected before the start of multiplayer races.
Fixes to automatic wet tire selection when entering an event, and fixes to fuel estimation logic.
Fixes to title stability when resuming from a suspended state on console.
Fixed issue in the Featured Multiplayer menu where countdown timer would appear on Series that had not yet started.
Adjusted event schedule to provide more variation in Event start times.
Fixed issue where Race End timer did not appear for players who had already finished the race.

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup Career Mode.
Resolved an exploit related to changing car tune mid-race.
Fixed issue where the game becomes stuck in the “new content update” loop when entering the main menu.
Fixes to Replays in scenarios where Replays do not start playing, the cars do not move, or they float.
Fixed issue with a forced camera change at the start of a race.
Fixed a number of Builders Cup Exploit allowing high class cars into lower class series and events.
Fixed issues related to loss of progression or save data.
Fixed a number of visual scene transitions
Fixed a bug where replaying a series with a high standing didn’t replace the series trophy with the improved trophy.

Cars

Fixed issue with the 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS Sport Roll Cage visual upgrade option, which removes the roof of the car when viewed in first-person.
Fixed tuning stat comparison indicators within the car upgrades menu

Wheels

Fixed issue that prevented the Thrustmaster T248 LED screen from displaying race position information.

Update 2 will also bring a new track, or rather a new version of a previous Forza track, Yas Marina. The track, located at Abu Dhabi, will include four specific layouts to try out.

Of course, there will also be new cars to purchase or unlock. The following Spotlight cars will be available to buy at a 30 percent discount on specific dates:

2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S - November 16-23
2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce - November 23-30
2017 Mazda MX-5 Cup - November 23-30
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - November 30-December 7
2017 Saleen S7 LM - December 7-14
2016 Spania GTA Spano - December 7-14
2020 MG #20 MG6 XPower - December 7-14
2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 - December 7-14

New car drops will also be available for four weeks:

1965 Lotus #1 Team Lotus Type 40 - November 16, 2023
2019 McLaren #03 720S GT3 - November 23, 2023
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3 - November 30, 2023
2019 Peugeot #7 DG Sport Compétition 308 - December 7, 2023

• Deleted member 197115

I'm relatively new to PC gaming... 6 years is not a long time.

:D

Edit: but seriously, how do I unbloat this. Just delete it? And how should I handle Nvidia drivers? Clean installs seem to work better than allowing GFN to set itself up. The only issue is, I don't know how to install the graphic card drivers without the bloatware.
It literally gives you option during installation, just uncheck Geforce Experience, and check "clean installation" checkbox to clean older crap. Sometimes DDU is even better to get rid of all older driver traces.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Update 2 Coming Nov 14

Stability

Many fixes to improve overall game stability and reduce crashes across all platforms.
Livery Editor
Fixed issue where players can view and unlock tunes and vinyls shared by other players.
Fixed issue causing black paint shade to show up as grey instead of black.
Fixed issue where only the inner barrel on factory rims is paintable.

PC

Fixed issue requiring shaders to recompile every time Forza Motorsport is started on AMD chipsets.
Fixed specific game crash that occurs if headphones are plugged into the front panel.

Multiplayer

Fixes to matchmaking as a group, party management, and invites and joins across multiplayer.
Fixes to ensure custom liveries show up more consistently across multiplayer game modes.
Fixes to address cases where Intermission/Launch Countdown would take much longer than expected before the start of multiplayer races.
Fixes to automatic wet tire selection when entering an event, and fixes to fuel estimation logic.
Fixes to title stability when resuming from a suspended state on console.
Fixed issue in the Featured Multiplayer menu where countdown timer would appear on Series that had not yet started.
Adjusted event schedule to provide more variation in Event start times.
Fixed issue where Race End timer did not appear for players who had already finished the race.

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup Career Mode.
Resolved an exploit related to changing car tune mid-race.
Fixed issue where the game becomes stuck in the “new content update” loop when entering the main menu.
Fixes to Replays in scenarios where Replays do not start playing, the cars do not move, or they float.
Fixed issue with a forced camera change at the start of a race.
Fixed a number of Builders Cup Exploit allowing high class cars into lower class series and events.
Fixed issues related to loss of progression or save data.
Fixed a number of visual scene transitions
Fixed a bug where replaying a series with a high standing didn’t replace the series trophy with the improved trophy.

Cars

Fixed issue with the 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS Sport Roll Cage visual upgrade option, which removes the roof of the car when viewed in first-person.
Fixed tuning stat comparison indicators within the car upgrades menu

Wheels

Fixed issue that prevented the Thrustmaster T248 LED screen from displaying race position information.

Update 2 will also bring a new track, or rather a new version of a previous Forza track, Yas Marina. The track, located at Abu Dhabi, will include four specific layouts to try out.

Of course, there will also be new cars to purchase or unlock. The following Spotlight cars will be available to buy at a 30 percent discount on specific dates:

2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S - November 16-23
2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce - November 23-30
2017 Mazda MX-5 Cup - November 23-30
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - November 30-December 7
2017 Saleen S7 LM - December 7-14
2016 Spania GTA Spano - December 7-14
2020 MG #20 MG6 XPower - December 7-14
2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 - December 7-14

New car drops will also be available for four weeks:

1965 Lotus #1 Team Lotus Type 40 - November 16, 2023
2019 McLaren #03 720S GT3 - November 23, 2023
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3 - November 30, 2023
2019 Peugeot #7 DG Sport Compétition 308 - December 7, 2023
Completely idiotic way of announcing the patch 2 weeks in advance.
Big headline on Steam "Forza Motorsport Update 2", with small footprint buried int the article that it comes on Nov-14. :poop:
Who does that?

Not had a lot of time playing the game yet, spent more time configuring/testing recent PC build. Looking forward longterm to improvements in performance, bug related fixes and content.

I can enjoy what each title brings when it comes to FM / GT but its very evident with car models lighting/paint which one sets a benchmark in the industry.

10 minutes of a Forza Motorsport 4 model in Forza Motorsport '23 getting dunked on. I don't like that Turn 10 used old models and doesn't seem to be too bothered to update them.

Just a question. Is the GT model in game or is this in some sort of photo engine. Are they still doing that at Polyphony?

10 minutes of a Forza Motorsport 4 model in Forza Motorsport '23 getting dunked on. I don't like that Turn 10 used old models and doesn't seem to be too bothered to update them.

Just a question. Is the GT model in game or is this in some sort of photo engine. Are they still doing that at Polyphony?
Different aspects of each title can yes produce better than "in-game" visuals but GT7 takes this much further for "car lovers" or those who enjoy photo-modes.

Id also say that experiencing the quality of the car models within VR is quite satisfying.

Some aspects with FM looks rather well but it really is disappointing that having "ray tracing" was deemed more important than just having more love/attention placed into the cars themselves.

I still think the game will be enjoyable and continue to improve but they really dug a hole for themselves with the "FTGU" marketing and then things being the way they are.

I think people had hoped for better/more...

Last edited:
53324220256_dda7f2a445_k.jpg

53324562944_589d90d41c_k.jpg

Am I the only person who wishes there were retro photo filters in FM '23?

These next two images are mostly different graphical settings. The top is with RT off and the bottom is with RT and I believe RTAO on ultra. The difference is interesting.

RT off
53324922654_09507f3ec8_k.jpg

RT On
53324922649_54cd16ac3c_k.jpg

The only things I adjusted were the aperture, focus and the camera position. I was trying to keep them as close as possible.

Last edited:
I don't have a TS PC. I can't begin to help you there...

I did find this, but I doubt anything in there will help you gain FFB.

Graphics on PC.

On my Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 3080, I am getting the best framerates when I turn DLSS and Ray Tracing off and lock the Resolution scale to 100%.

My advanced video settings are as follows...

Dyn rend qual - Medium
Perf Targt - 60FPS (Vsync)
Resl Scle - 100%
Anisotp fltr - 8x
RT qual - OFF
RATO qual - Ultra (doesnt matter)
Shadw qual - Ultra (doesnt matter)
Cubemp rflct - Ultra
Car mdl qual - Ultra
Car livry qual - High
Wndshkd qual - Low
Mirror qual - Medium
Trak txtre qual - High
Partcl efx qual - High
Mtion Blur - Low
Lnz flre - Auto

The resolution I am going for is 1080p but in triples, and these settings has been very smooth for me.

I don't get a lot of the visual effects found in the RT and RTAO effects, but the game looks servicable. I'm going to see how going over 100% on the resolution scale effects FPS. Maybe I can find a happy medium while sharpening things up?

200% Definitely sharper but big frame drops. FPS were around 55.

150% Sharper than 100%. No major frame drops, 77FPS seems to be the median now.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 541 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 340 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 361 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 182 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 212 26.9%
Back