What to install next?

Hello:

So I am installing GTR2 on a Win 11 computer. So far so good with the game itself from disk, my wheel/pedals, the 1100 patch, the NOCD patch, and the 4 G patch. Here's where I dont know where to go next. What do I want to install next? I dont know whether to install Anniversary 10 or 16 or what. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: The install is from disk.

Last edited:
Nothing else is necessary, it is now just a matter of preference. But read carefully about any other utilities/updates, some only work on the Steam edition.

Yes, you will need DX9 for most pre-Vista games. Just search for the "DX9 Redistributable", still available from MS or numerous other sites.

(When you first run it, it will ask for a place to install; this is only a temp location to extract the files so just point it somewhere you can easily find. When that's finished, go to that folder and run the setup, when it finishes, restart windows and you're done. This will not interfere with any other DX version you have; Windows always starts looking in the newest version and works its way back til it finds what it needs.)

Before installing any mods or Anniversary patch, I would suggest to make a backup of your installed game.
The easiest way is to create zip or 7z or rar archive from the whole GTR2 folder.
This way you'll have a clean vanilla backup version of the game in case something goes wrong.
Also, if you want to make another separate install, you don't need the disc, you just have to extract the archive and you're ready to go.
(If you have more than one GTR2 install all exe files in every separate install must be started with compatibility mode for Windows XP and as administrator).

Last edited:
My answer is

GTR2 Anniversary you use a separate install for.

KEEP EVERYTHING OUT OF IT !!

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW GTR233 Paul WOULD HAVE POSTED HIS REPLY !!
Caps and exclamations, good on him too ! :)

You guys lol you surely saw this in his shortness with some people growing every month with people asking him to fix their "other mods" problems.

Sheeeeesh

On High Gear he was much left to his own devices along with modders who helped him in background.
RD changed everything.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes