What does Raceroom offer over AC/ACC/RF2/AMS2?

So i have only recently gotten into sims in the last few years (bought most of them cheap) and i have most of them but i keep looking at Raceroom and there isnt anything, in terms of content, that isnt available elsewhere and its expensive compared to what i paid for other sims.

So what is it that RRE does that is better than AC, ACC, RF2 and AMS2?

Last edited:
So what is it that RRE does that is better than AC, ACC, RF2 and AMS2?
What an excellent question. The answer is easy. Nothing.
But it does not mean it is not as interesting as any of them.
It has earn a place on any library of a SIM driver.
since, no SIM is the answer on its own, not even the almighty AC with all the toppings, we are doomed to have them all and indulge in any of them to satisfy our addiction.
R3E is a great SIM as good as any.

Man I wish I lived in your region.....I went on yesterday at 4pm Mountain time and there was 10 servers with a total of 40 people...two of the servers were uk ranked servers with 10-15 users and had pings over 250ms. :(

Ghost town during north American prime time.
It's worse for me. The most participants I normally find in ranked rookie races is 5 - 6 people, and that is for all of the servers; not just the European servers, where the lion's share of the people are. US around 8pm-10pm EST on a Tuesday or a Wednesday is such a lonely place.

Last edited:
Can anyone speak to the VR experience? I understand that there is a free version, but setting up VR can be troublesome/time-consuming. I'd prefer not to waste time if this is worse than ACC. FWIW, I'm using an HP Reverb G2 with a 3080. Thanks.

Can anyone speak to the VR experience? I understand that there is a free version, but setting up VR can be troublesome/time-consuming. I'd prefer not to waste time if this is worse than ACC. FWIW, I'm using an HP Reverb G2 with a 3080. Thanks.
I run it with a Rift S with a 1660 Ti and it runs great. It doesn't look as sharp as AMS2, but I don't feel like I have to make as many visual concessions as I did with ACC. I haven't done any tweaking and I'm very happy with it.

It's definitely worth checking out. You won't have to do much to make it work.

I don't have VR myself as my PC is a potato, but I suggest you watch some DDF Racer videos as he races in Raceroom VR and swears by it.

Now of course you can't see what he sees but you can see that he loves it!

Last edited:
I can as many others can as well. It runs really well on a 7700k(4.8ghz) and a 2080. I run 90% SS in steamvr (HP G2) and its smooth, really smooth. Its my goto sim in VR. AMS2 is prettier, but the overall package, in VR is hard to beat in Raceroom. Really easy to setup as well.

Last edited:
I have recently gotten into Raceroom, and, I must say that I am quite impressed. I usually drive AC and ACC, and I used to drive Race 07 a lot, when it was current. I also drove about 300 races in the official iRacing service. I always read that Raceroom is supposed to be a bit more arcade-y to drive, but, I can't really confirm that. It feels a lot like AC, and, the FFB is very good as well, as it gives you a good feeling about the limit, and, especially, a good feeling on the brakes.

I didn't drive a lot of the cars yet though, I almost exclusively drove the WTCR 2020 cars, as that's what was the most fun for me in Race and Race 07 as well.

Again, I'm quite impressed about Raceroom, not only about the driving, but, also about the interface, the netcode, the whole sim feels "round", where in AC and ACC, I can understand that a lot of people are put off by the interface, the server browser, and all that. I have yet to drive in the ranked races in Raceroom, as I have to buy tracks, but, I'm sure I'll really enjoy that as well, at least if the people behave.

I always read that Raceroom is supposed to be a bit more arcade-y to drive, but, I can't really confirm that. It feels a lot like AC, and, the FFB is very good as well, as it gives you a good feeling about the limit, and, especially, a good feeling on the brakes.
It used to be, in 2013-2017, but the physics have been totally redone since then for the vast majority of cars.

for me rre is the best when it's jumping into multiplayer and finding a competitive race anytime.

ac with content manager, alot of fun races but you cant find any clean race.
acc; toxic drivers everywhere. if you have a community and organise your own race, it's another story.
ams2: this game is still dead if we talk about multiplayer
rf2: dead aswell

rre and iracing have a good online racing system, which seems similar. daily races are fun to race, you have different races for different car types (open wheel, gt4, gt3, dtm, wtcr) every week. sometimes you have really clean, really realistic races. i played every game i mentioned before and rre has best community. i hope this game gains more popularity cause it deserves.

Last edited:
for me rre is the best when it's jumping into multiplayer and finding a competitive race anytime.
Yeah. Actually that's one of the reasons I want to get into it: I always loved the official service in iRacing, but, I had my issues with iRacing's tyre physics and the FFB, and, I always liked the touring cars in Race 07. I think RRE's system is easy to get into.

Last edited:
Just did a couple of races with the Tatuus F4. I was impressed about the physics of the touring cars, but, now I'm even more impressed. I knew that Simbin/Sector3 are capable of good touring car physics, but, it's new to me that they're also capable of good Formula car physics. :) Feels just as good as any of the Tatuus cars in rFactor 2. I'm deeply impressed now. Looks like they did a really good job over the last few years.

It used to be, in 2013-2017, but the physics have been totally redone since then for the vast majority of cars.
This also comprises the tyre model(s). With the right car ( which is the one you like and drive best ) you can get into the "flow-status" early while racing a 30 or 60 minute race. Meaning you totally forget everything around you(r rig ) and focus completely on driving fast and well, catching the next opponent. You can feel how tyres react and you can really "lean" into the increasing grip while slightly sliding throught the corners and dancing on brake and throttle with both feet....works with all car models in R3E, but I like GT cars of all era's best for THIS behaviour. GT2, GT4s and the M1 are my favourites for this kind driving style, as well as the FRX17 and FR2s.

I have to admit though, that ACC offers overall an even better experience for GT3 and GT4 cars. But it offers only these 2 classes of cars.

AC is for me now "only" a "runner up " to R3E. AMS2 has nicer graphics and a blast weather system with stunning effects and looks. But as far as driving is concerned, I find the AMS2 physics and tyre models for most cars only "OKish" and kind of "floaty" no matter which car I take. Don't get me wrong. I like AMS2 also a lot for it's large collection of Formula Cars ( best sounds in town and great looks too ) from several era's of the motorsport history. Some of the tracks are just superb to drive, some others less so. Hockenheim 1980ties in an M1 race is just great...especially in 24hr. mode ( accelarated to 60 minutes ).

Where does that leave rfactor 2 for me : tbh, I barely use it anymore and spend most of my time with R3E, followed closely by ACC. Then AMS2 all F Classics ( 1,2 and 3 ) , V10 Gen 1 &2 , F3, F Reiza, F Ultimate Formula's and P1/P2 Prototypes ( Brazilian Endurance ). M1 and Group C to a certain degree.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back