VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provisional results Round 6.

Mind that the results are provisional pending any incident reports, and their outcome.
All (extra) points are given.

Race 1.
Rd6-R1-OR.jpg

Rd6-R2-AI.jpg

And Race 2.

Rd6-R2-OR.jpg

Rd6-R2-AI.jpg

That makes the current Driver standing at the moment:
StandingsRd6.jpg

Attachments

• Rd6-R1-AI.jpg
    Rd6-R1-AI.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 276
Server running Round 7 track, Bahrain.

The server has been reset to Bahrain. I have taken the realroad from our test race again, so that should feel familiar.

Have fun practicing!

formula-renault-35-jpg.45380

Race Program:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : No
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Warm-up lap: Yes
Qualy: unlimited laps
Weather: Dry (both races)
Assists: Auto-Clutch
Driving view: Cockpit only
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 4 sessions.

Vehicle: Formula Renault 3.5 v1.43 Download
Track: Bahrain v1.0 Download
Mod: The mod can be downloaded directly from the server (make sure to have the tracks installed), or via THIS link.

Practice: Server is up and running for online practice
Qualification: 30 minutes starts at 18:45 GMT
Warmup 1: 5 minutes starts at 19:15 GMT
Race 1: 45 minutes starts at 19:20 GMT
Warmup 2: 5-15 minutes (depending on how quick grid is switched) starts at 20:05 GMT
Race 2: 40 minutes starts at 20:10 - 20:50 GMT
- You have read the league rules on RD.

- Qualy:
When you are on your outlap, or you have gone off track, you don’t hold up a guy who is on a fast lap. If this does happend please send in a rapport, and the guy holding up will get a penalty for the next race.

- Start of the race:
Im taking extra notice of people making unnescesarry risk at the start. Make sure not to hit eachother, the race is long. The race will have a formation lap, and a standing start.

- Blue Flags:
Guy overtaking takes initiative, guy getting blue flag needs to get out of the way as soon as reasonably possible. Guy overtaking also need to have respect for the guy getting blue flag. Take extra room to overtake.

- Overtaking in general:
want to see respect.

- Stay on the server after race 1, for reversed grid
Please check if new position is right in warm-up, changes are in chatbox.

Teamspeak Password: Link
Server Password: Link

Last edited:
Possibility for Invitational entries.

Just a heads up. To have a bit of refill on the grid, I want to selectively let people join us. Oscar has proven that it's possible to step in, and be an addition to the grid instead of destroying the racing fun and respect this group of drivers has for each other.
Now as I do not want to let "just" anyone in, I figured I give you a word in this as well.

So, if you have a friend who is interested in driving along with us for the last rounds, and you know he is an addition instead of a recipe for disaster, please let the person contact me so we can see what we can arrange.

Not sure, if I can make it
Name & Surname: Frederic Schornstein
Round number: (7) Bahrain
Reason: We have an 4 hour endurance race before that event (2hour stint planned for me) and I don't know, if I will be fit enough as my driving seat is rather uncomfortable, but I will make it, if my back is ok.
I have a setup prepared already, so limited track time is not an excuse :D

Name & Surname: David Turnbull
Reason: Away for the weekend, dont get back till around 10pm :(

edit: due to weather i may not be going afterall, will see what happens.

Last edited:
Name & Surname: Martin Bulgin
Reason: Builders in Monday

I might not be able to make this one, I'm having a new kitchen fitted starting the next day and I'm setup in the corner, I have to have the kitchen empty by 8:am Monday and don't have much room elsewhere, I will be setting my PC up in another room but might not be able to get my wheel and pedals going due to space but will try.

I am running a bit late tonight. Barbeque lasted a bit longer then expected :).
Server is set to start qualy a few minutes later then announced. Around 19:50 it will go to qualy. If I am not back by then, good luck. I will be there in time for race start.

qualifying - 2nd

had a good fight with dino in qualifying, we traded times but he came out on top by a small margin, grats dino :thumbsup:

race 1 - 3rd

started well, kept 2nd place for a couple of laps until david managed to pass me by being super fast on the straights, i wondered if id be left behind like last time but i managed to stay with dino and david fairly well until i had a couple of spins, this put dino around 10 seconds away and david around 7, i managed to reel david in and with 1 more lap wouldve had him i think we crossed the line with him 1 second in front of me, grats dino for the win, again super consistant, grats david for holding out for 2nd ;)

race 2 - 2nd

started mid pack with the reversed grid and had to just stay in position through the first few turns, at the end of the first lap i managed to spin on the last turn so was dead last and 5 seconds behind 2nd last :confused: i instantly gained a place when someone pitted and then pulled a couple of passes on april and david, then i could settle into a rythum to try catch sean and dino, by this time dino was past sean and i closed up, managed to make a pass on sean and opened a gap to him, stayed a consistant 6 seconds to dino for a few laps, my tyres were fine first race so i decided to push a bit more and started bringing the gap down slightly but the pushing made me make errors and i spun again, dino ended up a good 11 seconds away after this and it demoralised me slightly, i pushed to try for fastest race lap and made a few more errors, at the end i think dino was 15 seconds ahead of me and david 20 seconds behind so a bit spread out. grats to dino for the win and david for 3rd.

good races tonight but a bit disappointed by the lack of intrest, when i joined up here my first race was around 20 people, since then its dwindled to hardly any, i hope something can be done to get the numbers back up its sorely needed.

thanks for the racing, thanks marco for doing the donkey work, cya all next race :)

Q: Ended in P4 with the usual margin to Dino.

R1: Had a good start and hold P4. Got quickly a small gap to April. And as i start to plan the rest of the race i begun to make small mistakes. So i fall back behind April but only for a few laps. Then it was her time to make the mistakes. Afterwards she was alway close to may tails and we had a nice battle for a couple of laps. In the last third April started to make bigger mistakes and from that moment its was an easy way home to secure P4.

R2: Again started from P4 but i moved to early and got an well deserved drive thru for my jump start. As i saw no one in my mirrors i decided to let everyone pass before the first corner. In the lap after my drive thru i could catch David G because i was also in the pits. He had a lot more straight line speed and a better pace. So i did fight to hard. After he passed me we closed the gap to April and David. But both spun out before i was close enough to overtake them. Then David G started to pull away. In the last minutes i was closing the gap to Sean and before i could reach him he spun. So i was again in P4. Without my jump start i could maybe reach the podium. Maybe next time.

Its a little bit disappointing that only 7 show up :thumbsdown:

So what's the plan now? What happens next?
I will process results, post replays and all that.
As you all said you wanted to race Sebring, we will do that.

I do encourage all to ask some more people to get to join us. Think that would be nice.

I hope to have results processed wednesday. Tonight will be tight, tomorrow I have no time.

Thanks for being there to those that were!

Last edited:
Thank you too, @Marco Bijl :)

I know things have been kinda rough, and I know I've been critical and cold at times. But certainly, I think you've done well here. When we lost Ian, you came to pick up the pieces and have been pretty diligent ever since. I just wish there was more pieces to pick up at that stage, but I'm grateful to you none the less. :)

I'll see you guys at Sebring. Lets make this one a high note to end this chapter on, shall we? :D

I saw the number of drivera on the server, but had to get up very early today and there were some other reasons I couldnt join.

I hope we can get a more successful leauge hete in the near future. Maybe something mixed class so everyone can drive something he likes. I dont know how many drivers will work on track, but something like the Clio, Civic, Megane and maybe a GT car and then 2 or 3 sprint races with a short 10 min qualy session. Maybe something like the BTCC events where you start in Race 2 where you finish in race 1 and then a reverse grid for excitment. It seems there is not one car, that can attract a big amount of drivers and with grid sizes below 10 cars a 45min race can get very lonely.
I am not sure if fixed setups would attract more drivers, but maybe that is a thing to keep people interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes