Round 6.jpg
One last time...

Date:
Saturday 17th of December 2016
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC
Track: Bathurst (Download HERE)
Start time: 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 13:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
  • 19:00 AEDT (08:00 GMT) - Practice - 60 minutes
  • 20:00 AEDT (09:00 GMT) - Qualifying - 15 minutes
  • 20:15 AEDT (09:15 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:25 AEDT (09:25 GMT) - Race - 75 minutes (formation lap + standing start)
Round 6 trackmap.jpg

Pit Entry

Drivers must slow to the pit lane speed limit before reaching the white line that designates the start of the pit lane (highlighted in yellow below). Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty. When entering the pits, please stay to the left side of the track when exiting turn 22. This will ensure a safer entry for yourself and the cars around you.
Pit Entry.jpg

Pit Exit
When exiting the pit lane, please stick to the left of the track on the run up to turn two (red line). This will allow for the safest possible reintegration with approaching vehicles on the racing line (green line).
Pit Exit.jpg

TeamSpeak
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the VSCC sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the RD Stock Car Championship channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.TS1.jpg

2. Enter the appropriate details. Click OK
TS2.jpg

• During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Last edited:
I decided to post my setup for this race. It is the same Erhan has been using too.
Only wings, tyre pressures and camber are changed from race to race, I will leave it up to you guys to decide it for this time however:D.

Probably it isn't the fastest for a single lap, I just tried to make a stable one which would allow pushing all 75 minutes of a race if needed.

Tip for Bathurst: detach the rear roll bar and increase ride height overall by 2mm, if you want even more increased stability increase the front roll bar as you like.
This track is right for a symmetric setup, finding the balance between the mountain section and straights is key, prioritize whatever you feel more comfortable in.

Attachments

• Matheus VSCC.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Doing a little stream of my practice session for now. Quality is really low, as my connection can only handle 480p, but should be something:).
Edit: AMS freezes a lot streaming, so can't do it:(

Last edited:
Damn, disappointing end to a fun league. Was chugging along quite happily, then a network glitch or something happened and Wheeler's car very suddenly appeared in front of me significantly slower. Nothing I could do and I hit it, put me on the dirty side of the track and slightly bent my steering. Slightly underestimated the effect of marbles and massively locked up and went deep into turn 1 bumping Adam Brown, not sure if I damaged your suspension or not? My apologies for that, I should've braked earlier on the marbles.

Then up over the mountain, Adam spun in front of me, I had a car to my left, so I just hit the brakes as hard as I could, but still totaled the car. Just unfortunate :(

---

Big thanks to Chris for organizing this league, I had a lot of fun (at least in the first four rounds :p). Thanks too to everyone who turned up. And grats to Machado for taking it out, nice job.

Stupid game. Stole 2 laps in my qualy, awarded a penalty to Tobias, and then called the race over 1 lap early, would have been third instead.

Good I didn't need the points for the championhsip, I would have been completely pissed with it otherwise.

After qualifying in pole that is a race that I would rather forget.

Stuffed up the start and thought I would follow for a little trying to gain some composure. The yellow came out and I was able to calm down a little bit. On the restart though I completely messed it up on top of the mountain and ruined my own race. Not sure what happened, but could have had something to do with tyre wear and them being coldish. Ended up finishing in 12th so not bad considering. Well done to the podium.

Finally I would like to thank Chris for running this spectacular championship and all of the competitors for making it some awesome racing. Bring on next season!

Cheers,
Shaun

Well, I was much more in surviving mode rather than racing for most of the race. At least I made it to the end, but that's the first time I feel out of place like that...

A big thanks for the top notch organization @Chris Stacey From the well chosen passwords to the great races recaps, everything was just perfect, you did an awesome job! :thumbsup: Thank you

Thank you all for letting me in this champ, i got many helps and encouragements; you're all really great, it is fun racing with you! I learned a lot through those 6 races; I hope I'll continue improving with that knowledge! :)

Well quite a chaotic race for me to finish the season :p

Qualifying didn't go well, was on a good lap for the final one I could do but then lost it over the top, resigning me to 10th.

Managed to get a clean start and started trying to pick my way through the field. About 20 minutes or so into the race I had a moment through the first sector which dropped me back down to about 15th or so. Got back to I think it was 12th and then the safety car came out. Was hoping this would allow me to make some quick positions off the restart but then the game decided to send me to the back of the queue for seemingly no reason as I drove in line behind Sam. Frustrated I dropped to the back as requested for the restart and managed to stay clear of trouble after it.

Pitted about five or ten minutes after the SC pulled in, ending up taking on a bit too much fuel which cost me a bit of time. From there just tried to push as hard as I could to get back as many positions as possible, basically what I was doing all race long. Managed to pip Tony on the last lap to get 7th, considering how up and down my race was I'll definitely take that.

Also an apology if I contributed to causing a spin out of the last corner during the SC period for @Steve Le Gallez, the game was switching constantly between who I needed to be behind so I was getting quite frustrated and confused.

Lastly a big thanks to @Chris Stacey for putting on this fantastic season of VSCC for us, definitely one of the most enjoyable series' I've done :D

Last edited:
Now in a less raged post:D:

Championship overall couldn't have been better, it was pretty clear from the start I don't really enjoy AMS, so I signed up for it because I liked this car at Interlagos and racing with Aussies (even with a crazy ping:p) was always fun in the past.

Getting the win in the season opener I realized I might have a shot at the championship, so I tried my best to have it, I was able to find a really good setup, which worked really well for all tracks except Bathurst. Didn't really get much racing action from it, heard from the field it was amazing, so happy to see it was there as always!

And of course @Chris Stacey deserves a massive thank you. His championship organization sets a standard for all of our leagues and this one was no different, top notch all around!
Can't even count how many times I've looked into the threads you posted to get an idea on how to organize my leagues:D.

Massive thanks to @Chris Stacey, brilliant league from someone who don't like stock cars or ted kravitz, big fan of both now, :)

So busy this week didn't really practise, went on today and struggled at back, achieved a 2:14: in practise, but couldn't get a clean lap in qualy,

Happy to settle at back and go for a last point,

Appologies :

Too many to list, you know who you are, probably mainly Michael Klein for a pitstop cock up, oops:)
Think I finished 18? , more points, and what do points make? **** all!

Merry Christmas everyone happy new year,

Not a good race result, but the most interesting race of the season. Quali was a wash. Got one good lap in and on an aborted second lap caught a bit of the curb on the exit from the chase and hit the wall. Went back out but may have ran into the repair bug or something...and crashed again on my second attempt.

Gained a spot off the grid and maybe a few more on the first lap. Car just felt loose. Scraped inside and outside walls, and kept trying to find other walls to scrape. Was defending pretty well until I got really messy going into the Esses, clipped the inside curb and it spun me around. @Sam Smith got by on the left but @Tobias Röhner went to the right into me. Sorry bud :(. Lucky for me it spun me around in the right direction! :). Tried to go a lap with the damage and no hood and front end, but decided to pit at the end of the lap for full repairs.

Got back out and then the SC hit. At first I was angry, but then Chris mentioned that it was a good thing I pitted when I did....because I got repairs and rejoined basically gained an entire lap on the pack. Caught two ppl sleeping when it went green, and my plan was just to try and be consistent for the rest of the race. Unfortunately I spun @Red Time right before the elbow, I was hitting the gas and he unexpectedly hit the brakes and there wasn't anything I could do :(.

Because I had filled the tank up when I got repairs, I would have been able stay out through the leader's pit window, and I slowly climbed the ranks....eventually up to 2nd place. I would have been set for a decent position even though I would have had to come in for a splash of petrol. Unfortunately that didn't last, I let Chris go by to try and hunt down the incredibly consistent @David Armstrong...and right after that I got into the marbles a bit at The Cutting, it spun me around and trashed my engine :(. Oh well.

Hats off to David....watched the end of the race looked to see if Chris would get by, but he was nailing low 1:13s with worn tires, and was able to hold him off. Thanks to Chris for setting this up and Thanks to @Sniper for the server and live timing so I can see just how far I still need to go. I'm slowly getting better....maybe in by the time I reach 100 I will catch up to you guys :).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.0%