Venom's F1 2012 Force FeedBack "Road Feel"

Update venom, I've now tried it in wet and dry, and it is terrific thanks, it makes a great difference to the feel of the road :)
Roberto, can you post your gear settings so I can try them as well please?
I have not changed any FFB on the gear changes, but I could maybe create one and update this with gear change FFB?

I made a similar file.. for G25 wheel.. I wonder if I should share it..

I won't try yours because we have diff wheels but just want to say nice work for making new settings because I really don't like default FFB this year.

I made a similar file.. for G25 wheel.. I wonder if I should share it..

I won't try yours because we have diff wheels but just want to say nice work for making new settings because I really don't like default FFB this year.
Thanks!
I just have to mention that this mod is actually meant for ALL wheels! ;)
I have made a different mod specifically for the Logitech Driving Force GT
:D

Update venom, I've now tried it in wet and dry, and it is terrific thanks, it makes a great difference to the feel of the road :)
Roberto, can you post your gear settings so I can try them as well please?
Hey Keith, you need to edit this part:

<FFBGearChange scale="0.0" gear="-1" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>

FFBGearChange scale="0.0" - Change it to 1.1, 1.2, and so on.. On the controller something like 0.1 or 0.2 its good, for the wheel above 1.0, i did some tests and for me something like 1.4 good.
;)

I have not changed any FFB on the gear changes, but I could maybe create one and update this with gear change FFB?
Venom, maybe you can try it and see if you like.
If you do like, then feel free to use it on your mod.
By the way, just did a test on low and medium, medium seems good to me, i need a more extensive test but for now i'll stay with the medium FFB mod. Thanks man! :thumbsup:
As for the gears a very easy setting as you can see above on my reply to Keith.
Im curious about something i saw on the file. My guess is that the gear shift can be modded with different ffb settings for each gear, so it would be nice to see something like:

Gear 1 = FFB 2.0 Gear 2 = FFB 1.8 ... Gear 7 = 0.8
I believe it would be nice, and also more realistic using this power decrease.
See below

My guess is that is possible because of this:

<!-- Gear change vibrations
scale= effect scale
gear= gear when effect should be played, if -1 all gears
freq= saple waweform repetition rate in Hz
length= sample length
sample= name of sample to play-->
So using my guess is that is probably possible to mod all the gears separately as below:

<FFBGearChange scale="2.0" gear="1" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>
<FFBGearChange scale="1.7" gear="2" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>
<FFBGearChange scale="1.4" gear="3" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>

Don't know if it work, i'll try that later. ;)

That would be great! I've tried the medium setting and I must say it really adds to the feel of the game. Before going down straights was boring with no FFB now it feels like your driving a car :) Thanks so much for doing this and I look forward to any updates :D

venom, quick question: how exactly does this mod differ from the other one, dedicated for DFGTs?
Is it just the FFB files, without modyfying the default actionmap?

EDIT: Idea! I might as well just download it and see for myself... :speechless:

Low setting did it for me too.
But I believe that's not all you edited, did you? ;)

Because I just fiddled a bit with the parameters, and in the <Steering weight> section pushed forceScale to 1 (instead of 0.5), added Sergio del Rosso's gear change FFB mod... and BINGO!

For the 1st time since I play F1 2012, I can now 'feel' it! The track... the gear change.. the moment I'm on the limit of grip... and even when I've just lost it... It's even got easier for me to get out of a spin because... I now can feel the car through my wheel!

So thanks a bunch for this!!! Keep modding, you're a gem! :thumbsup:

(playing with a TM RGT FFB Clutch)

Good news, FFB works for all gears, it can be tweaked to a realistic way and also cm did a good job on this, it detects your engine rev to decide it the ffb will give a weak or strong effect.
Got to learn more about the FFB, with medium settings its way better than it was with the original xml. Thanks Venom

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%