V-Rally 4 Update December.jpg

V-Rally 4 has received a new update today, adding a small collection of fixes and a brand new piece of content.

Having released across both PC and console back on September 6th to nostalgic fanfare from fans of the long running series, Kylotonn have been quick out of the marks with DLC content for the arcade rally racing title, first adding the 'Supercharge Pack' of liveries and fixes back in November, and now following that up with the new December release detailed below.

Without doubt the main highlight from the December update will have to be the new piece of content that is to be added to the title, the 2006 Ford GT "Extreme-Khana" edition. The car will be available from December 10th as standalone content, or available now for owners of either the Season Pass or Ultimate Edition of the game.

December 6th Update Notes:
  • Added the Ford GT 2006 in Extreme-Khana (available through either the Season Pass, the Ultimate Edition or individually starting December 10th)

Know Issues Fixes
  • Fixed crash when switching between customized cars
  • Fixed voice chat indicator hidden on certain screens
  • Minor bug fixes

V-Rally 4 is available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 September now. PC versions will release September 25th with Nintendo Switch following shortly after.

For more V-Rally 4 news, chat, speculation and all round engagement be sure to check out the V-Rally 4 Forum here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

And they still didn't fix the rally AI times. Never had a problem with even high difficulty on the other rally games. Just add more DLC.. forget the gameplay

There's a fix, sort of. Found in a forum for ps4 vrally4.
Do a couple of races with bad bad times... your level will drop... now the championship will be reasonable.

A big MIDDLE FINGER to the developer for their shi7ty AI based on level... not on real life.

V-Rally 4 b.jpg

Kylotonn Racing Games have had a busy few days with the announcement of WRC 8, but that hasn't stopped the French studio releasing a small new DLC for V-Rally 4.

Retailing for around £3.99 for Steam/PC versions of the new DLC, the Citroën DS3 RX is the second new car addition to the returning V-Rally franchise, following on from the 2006 Ford GT released by the studio back on December 6th.

Although V-Rally 4 covers a number of different off road styles of racing, the new DS3 will be specific to the Rallycross portion of the title - adding more much needed content to one of the more popular aspects of the arcade racing game.

The new car is available to purchase now.

V-Rally 4 a.jpg

V-Rally 4 is available now.

For more V-Rally 4 news, chat, speculation and all round engagement be sure to check out the V-Rally 4 Forum here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I just tested this game today and it impressed me. It is much better than WRC series.

It has a complete forcefeedback customization, just like Dirt Rally.
Much better physics. The car feels more driveable than WRC series where the car is unrealistically hard to drive.
It has the option to hide the steering wheel.
It has the saturation option for every axis, to optimize the controls.

All the mentioned features are missing in WRC series.

It may be not better than Dirt Rally but it's for sure better than WRC. I recommend it.

Last edited:
It's a fine game but they really should have focused on the Rally portion which is excellent. RX suffers greatly from too long tracks, buggies are hard to drive properly + too long tracks. Hillclimb is fine and Gymkhana is just no

But the worst is the agonizing grind in the career mode. It can get boring fast.

In my opinion, they should have focused on Rally with a more focused car list and implemented a similar career mode to V-rally 3

It's a fine game but they really should have focused on the Rally portion which is excellent. RX suffers greatly from too long tracks, buggies are hard to drive properly + too long tracks. Hillclimb is fine and Gymkhana is just no

But the worst is the agonizing grind in the career mode. It can get boring fast.

In my opinion, they should have focused on Rally with a more focused car list and implemented a similar career mode to V-rally 3
For me long tracks are ok, i hate short tracks, even if they are short in real life, i prefer that they make them larger in the game.

I don't think buggies are that hard to drive. Also it's a buggie it isn't suposed to be as stable as a car.

The only problem i found is that i can't slide the car in VR4 Gymkhana as i had done in Dirt 3 Gymkhana. The car feels more stick to the road in this one.

Still for sure a better option than WRC series. And possibly a better option than Dirt 4. I just hate the fact the game is telling me there is a "simulation mode" while the game is completly arcade. It's disgusting.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea